The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT| (96 MC | 97 OC)

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 12, 2023, 02:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

the-pi-guy

Release Date :May 12, 2023

Platforms : Nintendo Switch

Developer : Nintendo EPD

Publisher : Nintendo

the-pi-guy

I'm pretty sure at this point, there are like 30 bet the metacritics not tallied up.   :'(

So how close will this come to the previous game's 97?

kitler53

I'm pretty sure at this point, there are like 30 bet the metacritics not tallied up.   :'(

So how close will this come to the previous game's 97?
based on what i'm hearing this is going to be a terrible sequel so i'll expect a 96.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Will give it this trailer before predicting a meta.

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

kitler53

the cinamatic trailer looked a lot better than the gameplay demo.   but woof at the graphics,.. i'd wait for the remaster.  i don't mind the simple art style but all those jaggies are incredibly distracting.

Legend

It looks like they "abandoned" the botw model. The new trailer has a lot of story and probably linear content like dungeons and bosses. That should make traditional zelda fans happy.

No good exploration however makes me feel sad. Pretty much confirms that it's just small changes to the map+underground stuff+sky stuff. I think dorky building mechanics will be popular with streamers but they actively make the game worse for me, at least with how they've been shown so far.

based on what i'm hearing this is going to be a terrible sequel so i'll expect a 96.
Zelda reviews in general are such a joke. Skyward Sword has a 93 on metacritic somehow. The HD version only got an 81.

kitler53

It looks like they "abandoned" the botw model. The new trailer has a lot of story and probably linear content like dungeons and bosses. That should make traditional zelda fans happy.

No good exploration however makes me feel sad. Pretty much confirms that it's just small changes to the map+underground stuff+sky stuff. I think dorky building mechanics will be popular with streamers but they actively make the game worse for me, at least with how they've been shown so far.

Zelda reviews in general are such a joke. Skyward Sword has a 93 on metacritic somehow. The HD version only got an 81.
nintendo in general has a lot of bias in their review.   not saying they've never made a good game but nintendo can release a game with massive flaws that reviewers are quick to forgive.   like if anyone else released a game where the online was unplayable the game would be blasted but of smash brothers does it reviewers say "who cares,. why would anyone want to play online when couch play is soo fun!   95!"

the-pi-guy

kitler53

hype at defcon 5!

Spoiler for Hidden:
yes, i know how defcon is scaled.  i have no hype at all.

the-pi-guy

hype at defcon 5!

Spoiler for Hidden:
yes, i know how defcon is scaled.  i have no hype at all.

Okay Then GIFs | Tenor

the-pi-guy

I'll be honest, I tried playing Breath of the Wild twice. And I don't think I've gotten far enough to be wowed.  

Legend

I'm still unsure if I'm buying this. BOTW is one of my favorite games because it felt so honest and immersive at times. Meanwhile TotK looks like it threw that concept out the window so streamers could be even more zany.

I'll be honest, I tried playing Breath of the Wild twice. And I don't think I've gotten far enough to be wowed.  
Once you've done a shrine off the great plateau, you probably know if it's your type of game.

kitler53

i've attempted to play it 0 times but i also know the game is a bit divisive and i'm quite certain i'd land in the camp that like the legacy zelda more than BotW.  i don't really care about exploration,.. dungeons are what made zelda special.

Go Up