Firmament OT: releases May 18th, next game from Myst and Obduction devs

Started by Legend, Mar 10, 2023, 04:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Holy fudge. This game was AI generated.

There is no voice actress in the credits. Instead it has this section:

A.I. Assisted Content

Journals, logs, checklists, newspapers, stories, songs, poems, letters, loosely scattered papers; all backer portraits; all founders portraits; the "sunset" paintings; the art-nouveau wallpaper in the Swan dormitory hallways; propaganda banners; coastal spill decal kit; all voiced mentor, announcer, founder, and other speeches; backer-exclusive content
I'm really impressed. The mentor's voice sounded tired and removed at times but that felt like her being a kinda annoying person. I would have never guessed it was AI.

Legend

Nope! A real voice actress was used and the AI adjusted it. I'd love to know more details on their workflow but there have been a lot of toxic people trying to get the game cancelled over this. Doubt they'll ever mention it again.

SWORDF1SH

I can understand the concerns about AI. The future of human actors and musicians isn't looking rosie.

Legend

I can understand the concerns about AI. The future of human actors and musicians isn't looking rosie.
I understand concerns with the future of course but there's no reason to hate on a game for improving itself with AI tools. The bland parts of Firmament were built by hand.  :P

Go Up