All the Summer 2023 Game Shows

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 08, 2023, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Mar 08, 2023, 03:25 PM Last Edit: Jun 08, 2023, 02:09 PM by the-pi-guy
We're still quite a ways from this happening. But with our first showcase announcement, it seemed like it made sense to start keeping track. 

Not E3 Thread

CompanyDatetimeThreadVideoStatus
Sony ShowcaseMay 24th, 1PM PDTLive threadYouTubeConfirmed
Meta QuestJune 1st 10AM PSTTBATBAConfirmed
Guerilla CollectiveJune 7thThreadYouTubeConfirmed
Summer Games FestJune 8th, 12 PM PTThreadYouTubeConfirmed
Devolver DirectJune 8th, 2023 3PM PTTBATBAConfirmed
Future Game ShowJune 10th, 2023TBATBAConfirmed
Microsoft Xbox Games Showcase June 11th, 2023TBATBAConfirmed
Microsoft Starfield DirectJune 11th, 2023TBATBAConfirmed
PC Gaming ShowJune 11th, 2023TBATBAConfirmed
Ubisoft ForwardJune 12th, 2023 10 AM PSTTBATBAConfirmed
CapcomJune 12th, 2023TBATBAConfirmed
Upload VRJune 14th, 2023TBATBAConfirmed
THQ NordicAugust 11thTBATBAConfirmed

the-pi-guy

Legend

I like that they're doing a starfield direct. Breath of the Wild's exclusive e3 showing sounded so weird when it was announced but it's a pretty cool format if you can pull it off.

kitler53

only works if the game is good.   it won't be so this is going to be a disaster.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Mar 08, 2023, 09:51 PM Last Edit: Mar 08, 2023, 09:54 PM by the-pi-guy
only works if the game is good.   it won't be so this is going to be a disaster.
Doubt.  Strong contender for gotg.

Also this will be after their actual showcase.

kitler53

Doubt.  Strong contender for gotg.

Also this will be after their actual showcase.
i smell a fallout 76 level of disappointment coming.   

the-pi-guy

Legend

E3 is as dead as it can get  :P

Excited to see Beyond Good and Evil 2 again!  :P

the-pi-guy

Confirmed with time.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

E3 Cancelled

The event was supposed to be held from June 13th through June 26th at the Los Angeles Convention Center and would have been the first in-person E3 event since 2019.

Two sources have confirmed to IGN that the organization announced the cancellation via an email sent out to its members today. The email said that while E3 "remains a beloved event and brand" that the 2023 version "simply did not garner the sustained interest necessary to execute it in a way that would showcase the size, strength, and impact of our industry."

Legend

the-pi-guy

This man sees a chance, he will take it.

BananaKing

Shame that E3 died. I know they arent necessary in this day and age. But it truly was awesome. E3 was the Christmas of gamers and it got SO MUCH attention.

I hope someday something like it can happen again, an event that all the big players go to

kitler53

Shame that E3 died. I know they arent necessary in this day and age. But it truly was awesome. E3 was the Christmas of gamers and it got SO MUCH attention.

I hope someday something like it can happen again, an event that all the big players go to
it was fun as a gamer but bad for companies.  hundreds of announcements and only 3-5 go mainstream.  the rest get lost.  honestly even after just Sony 'd show I forgot about 3/4 of the show as the show closed.  

I kind of like our new "random Tuesday" announcements that happen most Tuesdays. 

Go Up