All the Summer 2023 Game Shows

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 08, 2023, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

No Mortal Kombat at PlayStation Showcase.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Calling it now, I'll get distracted by work and miss the first half.

the-pi-guy

Calling it now, I'll get distracted by work and miss the first half.
I rescheduled a meeting for this.  :'(

kitler53

just found out my boss is taking vacation the rest of the week.   

back to live streaming this baby.   8)

will have to miss the "one more thing" announcement though.  in CST this goes from 3:00 to "a bit over" 4:00 but i need to be on a 4:16 train for which i typically leave at 4:00 sharp.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Bigly

kitler53

Bigly
it's a joke dude.  he's hinting at the firewatch remaster.

the-pi-guy

it's a joke dude.  he's hinting at the firewatch remaster.
Dang, Sony working with Valve.

Truly fire indeed.  

Reality though:
Firewalk game
Firesprite game

the-pi-guy

kitler53

so true,.. i can already taste those salty tears of disappointment.

Legend

the-pi-guy

kitler53

6 hours to go!!!!

so true,.. i can already taste those salty tears of disappointment.
oh boy,.. those tears where extra salty this year.   i will be sustained until the next showcase in 2025...

put me down for no showcase.   ...but i want to define that a bit.

of course sony will have more events for which they will announce and discuss games.   games have to be announced.  games have to be discussed.   when i think showcase i think the likes of an "E3 event" which means:
- a minimum of 15 games are shown
- those games cannot be indie games.   indie games can appear in a showcase but a showcase requires 15 non-indie games to be present.
- a minimum of 5 games must be 1st party.  3rd party games count but to be a showcase 1st party games must be present in force.
- a minimum of 5 games must be announcements.  already announced games with new trailers are great but there must be announcements too.  those announcements can be 1st or 3rd party.  also,.. it will qualify as an announcement even if it is "known" but it is only known via leaks.   aka if we see a trailer for TLoU mp project it qualifies as an announcement even though it is the worst kept secret in gaming.  but a gameplay trailer for spiderman 2 or wolvine doesn't qualify as an announcement.
- the show must span a minimum of 60 minutes.

generally speaking i think we all will agree of if something is a "showcase" or just a standard state of play.   however, since i fully expect 1 or more state of plays to be coming soon in the case we have arguments the above statements are the criteria on which i will just the presence or lack-there-of of a "showcase".
- check
- check
- oof.  only check if i include the destiny expansion.  it's a close one.
- check (but also a close one.  must of the titles were known. the disappointing part is the announced titles are mostly still "unknown" trololol)
- check

i guess we had a showcase.  xD

Go Up