All the Summer 2023 Game Shows

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 08, 2023, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

kitler53

Anyone want to make some guesses on a PlayStation showcase?

They seem to usually do them on Wednesdays/Thursdays:
May 17, 18
May 24, 25
May 31, June 1
June 7, 8th
No showcase
July/ September for some reason.
put me down for no showcase.   ...but i want to define that a bit.

of course sony will have more events for which they will announce and discuss games.   games have to be announced.  games have to be discussed.   when i think showcase i think the likes of an "E3 event" which means:
- a minimum of 15 games are shown
- those games cannot be indie games.   indie games can appear in a showcase but a showcase requires 15 non-indie games to be present.
- a minimum of 5 games must be 1st party.  3rd party games count but to be a showcase 1st party games must be present in force.
- a minimum of 5 games must be announcements.  already announced games with new trailers are great but there must be announcements too.  those announcements can be 1st or 3rd party.  also,.. it will qualify as an announcement even if it is "known" but it is only known via leaks.   aka if we see a trailer for TLoU mp project it qualifies as an announcement even though it is the worst kept secret in gaming.  but a gameplay trailer for spiderman 2 or wolvine doesn't qualify as an announcement.
- the show must span a minimum of 60 minutes.

generally speaking i think we all will agree of if something is a "showcase" or just a standard state of play.   however, since i fully expect 1 or more state of plays to be coming soon in the case we have arguments the above statements are the criteria on which i will just the presence or lack-there-of of a "showcase".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens