Can we just state the obvious? Conservatives are horrible human beings committed to inflicting suffering and misery on humanity?

Viewing single post

Started by kitler53, Apr 22, 2022, 06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

don't fudgy "both sides" this...

dems tried a pass a law that a minor (under 18) can't open carry an assult rifle unattended and republicans shot it down.

dems aren't trying to ban guns they are trying to get some sensible level of law and order and around what it too harmful to society to be allowed.   republicans current view is that absolutely no restrictions can be put on guns in any way whatsoever.   in republican states like tx they are pushing for unregistered open carry for any citizen regardless of anything such as history of violent crime.  in democratic states courts have recently shot down all sorts of reasonable restrictions:
- a permit is required to open/concealed carry
- persons with active restraining order for domestic violence can't buy guns

Republicans recently overturned a restriction that people can't carry guns in to public locations like a school.   Republicans have an active lawsuit right now to overturn private property owners from being able to ban guns on their own property.  

and frankly don't forget the other half of this story.   while republicans flood our streets with guns::
1. it was republicans that made it legal for police officer to kill any citizen for which they "fear for their lives".
2. republican are also pushing the vigilantly laws that allow citizen to openly murder other citizens without repercussion so long as they "thought" they were in danger.

that's how we get shame like that story where some black guy parks in a handicap spot and some white guy decides it's is right to put a gun in the black guys face demanding he move his car and then the black guy flinched and the white guy kills the black guy.   the white guy faced no charges because "he feared for his life"....

do NOT fudgy "both sides" this.  lynching never stopped in america,.. republicans just legalized it.

I absolutely agree. I both sided politics in general. I did think the Democrats were pushing to ban guns outright but probably getting confused with the loudmouth Twitterers. But even if the Dems were pushing for an outright ban I didn't mean for it to sound 50/50 because what the republicans want when it comes gun control is seriously messed up.