Can we just state the obvious? Conservatives are horrible human beings committed to inflicting suffering and misery on humanity?

Viewing single post

Started by kitler53, Apr 22, 2022, 06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

The smartest, most open minded and reasonable conservative I've ever talked to, still justified lots of nonsense.

I've never found a reasonable conservative willing to talk about solutions to racism or climate change. And it's not from a lack of trying.

I'm sure they're out there, but they don't seem willing to talk.

Part of the problem is that people can't even agree on what the issues even are.

We can't fix climate change, if half the politicians are convinced that it's not real.
We can't fix racism, if both halves of the politicians are convinced that opposite sides are the victims of racism.

And I disagree heavily that conservatives are getting shut down for reasonable discussion. They're not getting shut down for having different ideas on how to tackle climate change, or racism or transphobia.

They might be getting shut down for climate change denial, or transphobia. Which I don't think is optimal, but it's dangerous for hatred and lies to propagate.  
Do all conservatives really believe climate change isn't a thing, do all conservatives believe that trans issues aren't a thing and do all conservatives believe that racism isn't a thing or do they just disagree with the way it's being dealt with? If they aren't acknowledging these issues at all then that's wrong. Still, freedom of speech should always remain because letting corporations and governments sensor people is a slippery slope. I feel I'm starting to go off topic about freedom of speech but it all ties in.