Science General Discussion

Started by Legend, Sep 02, 2014, 07:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

I love the discovery channel. and they do bring in real scientist, so it's not like they should completely disregarded. But they may not structure their shows the way a university would their classes.

http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/topics_bigbang_bigcrunch.html

the-pi-guy

Raven

What has the history channel done?

That Ancient Aliens guy... not even remotely any kind of authority on anything related to space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_A._Tsoukalos

The dude went to school for sports information and communication. He was a body builder promoter. Then about 10 years ago he started essentially preaching that aliens were a part of early human development and got involved with associations, with questionable scientific backgrounds, that promoted this idea. The dude is basically a quack.

the-pi-guy

That Ancient Aliens guy... not even remotely any kind of authority on anything related to space.

lol  Of course he isn't. 
Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Michio Kaku are good though. 
On a related note, google is so funny. 

Raven

lol  Of course he isn't. 
Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Michio Kaku are good though. 
On a related note, google is so funny. 

Tyson and Kaku are good sure.

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

Lol, well I don't think anyone takes that show too seriously but it does raise some interesting what ifs.

Raven

Lol, well I don't think anyone takes that show too seriously but it does raise some interesting what ifs.

The interesting what if is what would happen if you were allowed to reproduce.

Legend

No. It flat out lies most of the time.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I would have lead the same life I was on before I got married. Which wasn't very interesting....

Raven

I would have lead the same life I was on before I got married. Which wasn't very interesting....

Not a lot of naughtiness, huh? :/

Legend

There was one episode of AE where they kept finding examples in the bible and art of the Earth being round instead of flat.

"The people back then thought it was flat, so aliens must have told them the truth!"

The truth actually is that the Earth being round was common knowledge for thousands of years.

Mmm_fish_tacos

No. It flat out lies most of the time.

What do they lie about? Other besides his theories are out there.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Not a lot of naughtiness, huh? :/

No i visited you moms house quite often before then. But you know she's past her prime.

Go Up