Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016, 03:02 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Most of you know by now I like to mess around a lot with electronics. Moding controllers and making fight sticks. Stuff like that. I've posted about my projects all over the forum but now there's a thread for that! But I don't want this just to be about me. Post your projects here too!

Anyway, While I'm not actually working on something at the moment I am planing a neat project that I don't think anyone's thought of before. I have a pair of Playstation golds and a pair of audio Technica head phones. After switching to audiophile grade head phones the golds sound has become down right dreadful. But there are so convenient and I find my self using them when I play online with friends because it's just easy. And I enjoy the sound of my newest head phones over the audio Technica's. So i have two pairs that i'm unhappy with. My plan is to join ease of use with superior sound. Yeah, I'll transplant the drivers from the audio Technica into the gold's! So I've figured out how to disassemble both sets and made a plan to make this happen. I think it's going to be a Thanksgiving break project. Stay tuned!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Got it build and it's awesome! Way better than stock golds.

Legend

Do you have any experience with arduino or raspberry Pi? I dabled with arduino in college but I'm not sure it's strong enough for processing HDMI video.

kitler53

can my projects be woodworking in nature?  now that i have a home with a space to be a workshop that is a hobby i think i'm going to start.  my first job is a headboard for our new bed.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

Do you have any experience with arduino or raspberry Pi? I dabled with arduino in college but I'm not sure it's strong enough for processing HDMI video.
No, I don't know anything about it.

can my projects be woodworking in nature?  now that i have a home with a space to be a workshop that is a hobby i think i'm going to start.  my first job is a headboard for our new bed.
Yes, your projects can be anything you want them to be.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sorry final shot but this is what I got for now. These things just became super awesome.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I feel I stumbled across something great. But it's hard to talk sound with people. They don't understand what they're missing because they've never experienced it before. Kinda wish I had a gaf account so I can throw it out there and get their reactions to it. If I could source these Drivers or something similar I would start making them and selling them.

It's great because you get high end sound in an convenient package and Sonys sound profiles still work. So if you didn't exactly like how they sound you could change them with in reason.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nov 14, 2015, 01:03 AM Last Edit: Nov 14, 2015, 01:05 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Okay, So i'm going round two on this. This time It's going to be a little different.

I order a pair of Superlux HD 681 head phones. They have a similar sound stage and frequency response that I used in my original mod. But this time I plan to take the ear cups from the golds and put them on the head band of the 681's and then transfer the speakers to the ear cups. Giving you a superior sound stage and a better looking band that will last much longer than the Sony golds will. I have cracks in mine, it's a common problem with Sony's gaming headsets.

Here's a photo of the head phone, just imagine these with the gold's ear cups.

Anyone interested in a set? These will be for sale.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Scored another set of golds for 40 bucks! Now the wait!

Mmm_fish_tacos

F U USPS! I better get my package today. It says out for delivery at 11:07 checked the mail at 11:20, no delivery attempt. checked the status a few mins ago and it still says out for delivery, expected delivery changed till tomorrow.

darkknightkryta

I'm actually going to make a project for my grade 12 class using the arduino boards and an led matrix display.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I got the donor headphones in and got the ear cups mocked up. Needless to say I'm going to have to over come some issues, but I think I can get it to work.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Got the ear cups modified to fit the head band. I'd post photos but I'm on mobile and can't get the right link. It looks sweet tho.

kitler53

this weekend i lumberjack'd a tree in my front yard.  now my basement is full of "project" wood.     ...no idea how to mill my own lumber.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

this weekend i lumberjack'd a tree in my front yard.  now my basement is full of "project" wood.     ...no idea how to mill my own lumber.
And how to on youtube?  

Go Up