Sony Financial Results - 9.0M PS4 (76.5M LTD)

Started by Xevross, Feb 02, 2018, 04:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

I think earliest they go is 2020, but I do kind of hope they go 2021.  Even 2020 gives ps4 a good lifespan.

Legend

No need to rush it
But you really really don't want a wii u situation. If PS4 all of a sudden starts losing steam, PS5 can't still be 2 years out.

I hope PS5 is years away but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 2019 either.

nnodley

But you really really don't want a wii u situation. If PS4 all of a sudden starts losing steam, PS5 can't still be 2 years out.

I doubt it because this year will likely be fudgy massive for PS4 again. And next year has TLOU 2 and Death Stranding hopefully.  2020 seems the most plausible.  2019 would be a huge surprise to me.

Legend

I doubt it because this year will likely be fudgy massive for PS4 again. And next year has TLOU 2 and Death Stranding hopefully.  2020 seems the most plausible.  2019 would be a huge surprise to me.
PS4 came out the same year TLOU, GOW Ascension, and Beyond released.

nnodley

PS4 came out the same year TLOU, GOW Ascension, and Beyond released.
True, I guess we shall see.  If it's coming next year lets hope the rumor mill starts up soon. lol

Legend

True, I guess we shall see.  If it's coming next year lets hope the rumor mill starts up soon. lol
Yeah PS4 had rumors for years. Even PS4 Pro had rumors about a year before release. If we don't get any big rumors by the end of the year, 2019 isn't happening.

Xevross

I don't want to have to buy a new PS too soon. 2020 or later would make most people the happiest I think. The only anger is if MS beats them to it and steals audience, but with X only just releasing that seems unlikely.

Aiming for 2020 seems like the right thing to do for Sony, PS4 is still going to be doing very well at that point and they don't want to cut it too short. They can always delay to 2021 if PS4 is still doing really well for them and there's no movement from MS. Switch showed that you don't need much time between announcement and release for a great launch of a console.

Dr. Pezus

Lol Sony probably have it all figured out. I doubt they think it's everlasting

darkknightkryta

Each Sony Gen has been a year longer than the last.  Ps5 will launch in 2021.  

Go Up