General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I think weather is weird.  

It's obviously regional.  But it's weird to think that there's a line somewhere where it's no longer windy, or no longer raining.  

It's like it's obviously regional, but it almost feels universal.  

Legend

I think weather is weird.  

It's obviously regional.  But it's weird to think that there's a line somewhere where it's no longer windy, or no longer raining.  

It's like it's obviously regional, but it almost feels universal.  

I love being able to look out and see rain clouds in the distance. That happens a lot here.

the-pi-guy

Jan 26, 2020, 02:36 AM Last Edit: Jan 26, 2020, 03:32 AM by the-pi-guy
I followed r/mandelaeffect because I thought it was an interesting socio-psychological phenomenon.  But a lot of the people seem to just think it's proof of multiverse. 
Which maybe that attitude isn't unexpected, but it's weird seeing it in action. 

Legend

Kinda funky thing I've been thinking about but with cell division, the first living cell to ever exist is still alive. Every single living cell "is" that first cell in a sense.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Has anyone else felt like Google has been kind of bad lately?  

Google has been feeling like Yahoo did during my transition period when I switched.  

I've been finding it harder to find a lot of stuff.  

I feel like Wikipedia has taken a tumble down the results, sometimes onto the second page even.  

Feel like lately most of the time when I try looking for something fairly specific, Google will ignore 80% of my inquiry and I'll be given generic stuff that's just somewhat related.  

I thought about it a couple weeks ago, that it seems like googling data has gotten harder.  I have some repeat conversations with my uncle about some topic and data that I shared last time just doesn't come up.  

And I thought it was just me being silly, but my friend brought it up today.  

Legend

Yeah I kinda get that.

Also they are killing off the good version of youtube even though new youtube still lacks features.

Dr. Pezus

Has anyone else felt like Google has been kind of bad lately?  

Google has been feeling like Yahoo did during my transition period when I switched.  

I've been finding it harder to find a lot of stuff.  

I feel like Wikipedia has taken a tumble down the results, sometimes onto the second page even.  

Feel like lately most of the time when I try looking for something fairly specific, Google will ignore 80% of my inquiry and I'll be given generic stuff that's just somewhat related.  

I thought about it a couple weeks ago, that it seems like googling data has gotten harder.  I have some repeat conversations with my uncle about some topic and data that I shared last time just doesn't come up.  

And I thought it was just me being silly, but my friend brought it up today.  
I've noticed too... Like, I can literally not find stuff I've found often before through google

the-pi-guy

NEWCARE HDMI 2x2 Matrix Switcher 4k 60hz, 2 Ports HDMI Switch Splitter 2 in 2 Out, Support HDMI 2.0, HDCP 1.4, 3D, 1080p, 4K x 2K (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZLLJ62S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oGDuEbVWSKME6

I think I want to get this.

Legend

NEWCARE HDMI 2x2 Matrix Switcher 4k 60hz, 2 Ports HDMI Switch Splitter 2 in 2 Out, Support HDMI 2.0, HDCP 1.4, 3D, 1080p, 4K x 2K (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZLLJ62S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oGDuEbVWSKME6

I think I want to get this.
What do you need 2 hdmi out for?

the-pi-guy

What do you need 2 hdmi out for?

Wifey tends to take the TV for movies.  So I want to set up the PS3 and PS4 to the TV and my monitor.  That way she can keep one for movies and I can still play games on the monitor.

Legend

Wifey tends to take the TV for movies.  So I want to set up the PS3 and PS4 to the TV and my monitor.  That way she can keep one for movies and I can still play games on the monitor.

That'd be pretty cool.

Depending on your in house internet, you could also try remote play. PS4 is pretty great at streaming to computers.

You still play your PS3?

the-pi-guy

You still play your PS3?
When I have time I do. Trying to play through God of War 3. Replayed Uncharted 1 and 2 on there last year.

the-pi-guy

Decided to cut Disney+.
Most of the stuff on there that I'd want to watch, I have access to watch elsewhere.  

Simpsons is probably the only reason I'd hold onto it, and I am not really able to right now.

Go Up