PS5 Specs to Be Revealed by Mark Cerny Tomorrow 9AM PST

Started by Xevross, Mar 17, 2020, 12:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Mar 17, 2020, 12:37 PM Last Edit: Mar 17, 2020, 12:38 PM by Xevross
Rumours are this is a recording of what was going to be a GDC session. We're not sure if it will be full specs like XBX just showed but we'll see.

kitler53

the big question to me is,.. was this when they wanted to release this or was their hand forced by MS's announcement yesterday?

announcing 1 day later (to me) shows confidence that they will hold up to direct comparison implying specs that are close to xbox and not the underpowered machine that some rumors would like you to believe.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Xevross

the big question to me is,.. was this when they wanted to release this or was their hand forced by MS's announcement yesterday?

announcing 1 day later (to me) shows confidence that they will hold up to direct comparison implying specs that are close to xbox and not the underpowered machine that some rumors would like you to believe.
Yep I think the same. Obviously this was meant for GDC initially but given the situation they could have held it for longer. Choosing to release it now exudes an abundance of confidence from Sony I think, PS5 must match up well.

the-pi-guy

I'm ready to be disappointed.  

the-pi-guy

Rumours are this is a recording of what was going to be a GDC session. We're not sure if it will be full specs like XBX just showed but we'll see.
PlayStation Japan Twitter says it as such.  

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

Considering the GitHub leak showed inaccurate data for XSX. I think it's fair to doubt its accuracy.

However I dont believe this has much to do with xboxs post, more the fact that this was the time GDC was supposed to happen. Their marketing strategy and advertising plan would have been planned before hand. However, with corona things without a doubt have changed.

I wonder if we will see any game reveals tomorrow, I doubt it. Which is sad.

the-pi-guy

Sometimes I wish there was a secondary universal time that everyone just used.  

Instead of announcing an event at 9AM PST/12 PM ET, just announce the one time.  

Dr. Pezus

Hype!

Finally something positive in these difficult times

the-pi-guy

214k - PlayStation : PS5 in holiday 2020
147k - Santa Monica : Kratos gif
129k - Ape Escape : 20th year anniversary
105k - Naughty Dog : TLOU Part II reveal (PSX 2016)
103k - Neil Druckmann : TLOU Part II shooting finished
96k - PlayStation Japan : PS5 in holiday 2020
90k - PlayStation Japan : Valentine's Day 2019
87.7k - PlayStation : PS5 details reveal announcement
87k - HBO : TLOU Series announcement
85k - PlayStation : ID change feature release

the-pi-guy

Hype!

Finally something positive in these difficult times
There have been two kinds of people:
-finally something good to talk about
-how inconsiderate of them to talk about this during a pandemic.  

Legend

Sometimes I wish there was a secondary universal time that everyone just used.  

Instead of announcing an event at 9AM PST/12 PM ET, just announce the one time.  

I mean there is UTC. I use it somewhat regularly.

the-pi-guy

Its now the fourth biggest PlayStation tweet ever.  

I mean there is UTC. I use it somewhat regularly.
Yeah but not everyone uses it!  

Go Up