Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Buying a new car

Keeping the old one too. Zomg my wallet

nnodley

Jul 17, 2018, 04:29 PM Last Edit: Jul 17, 2018, 04:31 PM by nnodley
I really really want a tesla model 3.  And now that orders are open to everyone it's making not having money right now even worse.  I've had a chevy cruze for 6 years.  i'm ready for something new.  Hoping when the standard battery is available to buy it will cheapen it up enough.  The dual motor with all the extras is like 59,000 before the $7500 tax rebate thingy.  Hoping the standard battery pulls it under 50k.  If some of my work starts up i'm gonna try and save up for a big down payment on it.

I'm also hoping if I get the standard batter that I can upgrade to the better mileage or dual motors later on. Not having to ever get gas again and then being able to do autopilot.

Legend

I really really want a tesla model 3.  And now that orders are open to everyone it's making not having money right now even worse.  I've had a chevy cruze for 6 years.  i'm ready for something new.  Hoping when the standard battery is available to buy it will cheapen it up enough.  The dual motor with all the extras is like 59,000 before the $7500 tax rebate thingy.  Hoping the standard battery pulls it under 50k.  If some of my work starts up i'm gonna try and save up for a big down payment on it.

I'm also hoping if I get the standard batter that I can upgrade to the better mileage or dual motors later on. Not having to ever get gas again and then being able to do autopilot.
Is the current model 3 expected to get full autopilot.

Outside of being broke, my problem right now with buying a new car is that it seems the really really cool features are still a few years out.

nnodley

Outside of being broke, my problem right now with buying a new car is that it seems the really really cool features are still a few years out.
yeah it has the basic autopilot and then has the upgrade for full self driving capability once it releases.  You can either add that as an option at the time of buying or upgrade to full self driving after.  But it's like double the price to add it after you get the car.

The basic autopilot would be so good for me for when I move out on my own and I can use it to drive the hour and a half home whenever I need to for family stuff or whatever.

the-pi-guy

Buying a new car

Keeping the old one too. Zomg my wallet
Buying a new car.

Don't have one.  Zomg my wallet, I don't make doctor money.

(have a "loan" through my parents)

I would love to get a tesla myself.

Someday...

It is supposed to get full autopilot.  
Elon wants to have autopilot just use the cameras.  No fancy sensors like other companies.  

Dr. Pezus

I've given up on tesla for now. Will maybe buy down the line but for now it's a cheaper family car

nnodley

I've given up on tesla for now. Will maybe buy down the line but for now it's a cheaper family car
Yeah I gave up at one point and was going to get a dodge challenger. But looking at the model 3 again it's definitely the car I want.  I figure I might as well try to get one soon before I possibly have any sort of family.

Dr. Pezus

Did get a car with loads of extras though, like Bose sound system and 18 inch rims and interior mood lighting. Best of both worlds

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Saw this on Era, was a fun reminder that I'm still smart after a tough year at Uni :P

I got 2/3 after just a few seconds of thought, was funny seeing lots of people say 50% and then struggling to be convinced.

Xevross

Holy hell that thread is hilarious. Seeing comments like math - 66%, real life - 50% is just like uh... what. Math is the basis of real life you dimbos

the-pi-guy

My first thought:

Only People With an IQ of 115 or Higher Can Get This Right | ResetEra

Isn't this just an extension of the Monty Hall problem?

Xevross

My first thought:

Only People With an IQ of 115 or Higher Can Get This Right | ResetEra

Its different to Monty Hall but not by much. You can apply the same kind of logic to solve both.

Legend

This one feels less honest than the monty hall problem.

The problem itself tells you you picked a yellow ball so you jump into thinking it's a box vs box question, ignoring that initial part.

Meanwhile monty hall can work in real life.

the-pi-guy

Gas prices are really high southern Chicago, about $4. 

This one feels less honest than the monty hall problem.

The problem itself tells you you picked a yellow ball so you jump into thinking it's a box vs box question, ignoring that initial part.

Meanwhile monty hall can work in real life.
An interesting difference between the two is that in this case, the choice has already been made. 

Go Up