Legend

I am so ready to see ps5 games.

the-pi-guy

Mar 24, 2020, 04:23 PM Last Edit: Mar 24, 2020, 05:09 PM by the-pi-guy
Ready dreamers?  (Fan made)

kitler53

Ready dreamers?

fan made i assume.  

i pretty much doubt it.  afterall,.. ps5 only support 97 ps4 titles amiright.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I thought the "dreamers" comment would make it clear it was fan made.  

Some people thought the spacing was strange in the picture, because it pretty clearly gave enough space for 3 more systems.  

Legend

PS1 and PS2 are just software and legal issues. Would be cool if they end up being in there.

PS3 might be hard. CELL was funky cool. How well do PC emulators handle ps3 games?

kitler53

PS1 and PS2 are just software and legal issues. Would be cool if they end up being in there.

PS3 might be hard. CELL was funky cool. How well do PC emulators handle ps3 games?
why?

if BC included discs how could playing the game the customer purchased cause a license issue.

more likely, if BC was only for digital download then the the only supported software is the software that publishers choose to publish to psn.  the entire backlog won't be there (like on xbox) but a decent amount of publishers would probably be on board with more money,.. especially if it is sony doing the compatibility testing which is what I think MS did.

the-pi-guy

Depends on how they go about it.  

PS1 disks probably won't be playable however they do it.  Depends on if they decide to get the license for it.  

PS2 should be doable.  They already have emulators for it.  

Still if it's digital only, they'll have that to get over.  
PC emulators are pretty good actually.  54% run well, 37% run but have game breaking issues somewhere along the lines.  

Sony should be able to do better with all their resources.  

Whether they do it... I don't know.  

Would be absolutely fantastic.  And it'd be awesome if Sony could put MS fanboys in their place about BC.   8)

Legend

why?

if BC included discs how could playing the game the customer purchased cause a license issue.

more likely, if BC was only for digital download then the the only supported software is the software that publishers choose to publish to psn.  the entire backlog won't be there (like on xbox) but a decent amount of publishers would probably be on board with more money,.. especially if it is sony doing the compatibility testing which is what I think MS did.
It's dependent on how contracts are set up for emulation. A company might be against bc for their games since it's far beyond the scope of the original license deal. I'd imagine the vast majority of pubs would be ok with it but it's still something Sony has to sort out.

Otherwise someone like me could just find an open source emulator and port it as an app.

the-pi-guy

It's dependent on how contracts are set up for emulation. A company might be against bc for their games since it's far beyond the scope of the original license deal. I'd imagine the vast majority of pubs would be ok with it but it's still something Sony has to sort out.

Otherwise someone like me could just find an open source emulator and port it as an app.
Are you sure something like that is actually in the contract?  

I think the bigger issue with the latter is that it could open up vulnerabilities, that Sony wouldn't want exposed.  

Legend

Are you sure something like that is actually in the contract?  

I think the bigger issue with the latter is that it could open up vulnerabilities, that Sony wouldn't want exposed.  
Yes but I don't think it's ever been tested in courts. It's better to play it safe on both ends and keep pubs happy. No one wants to get a judge involved.

So if bc was per game then Sony would contact pubs per game, and if bc was system wide pubs would contact Sony to be excluded.

That isn't the problem imo. Windows store for example does not allow emulators.

kitler53

Yes but I don't think it's ever been tested in courts. It's better to play it safe on both ends and keep pubs happy. No one wants to get a judge involved.

So if bc was per game then Sony would contact pubs per game, and if bc was system wide pubs would contact Sony to be excluded.

That isn't the problem imo. Windows store for example does not allow emulators.
BC is system wide for ps4 and xbox one...

i don't see this as a contract issue.

Legend

BC is system wide for ps4 and xbox one...

i don't see this as a contract issue.
Microsoft contacts every single pub before adding their game to bc.

I never ment contracts are a big problem with bc. Rather that since PS5 is so much stronger than PS1 and PS2, the only steps to take are programing and legal ones.

kitler53

not exactly news but..

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/ps5_praise_from_crytek_developer_retracted_after_calling_it_the_better_next-gen_console

When asked how the two next-gen consoles compare, he says other devs are claiming PS5 "is the easiest console they have ever coded on to reach its peak performance". He goes on to say he thinks PS5 "is extremely simple and has so many abilities that make the devs so free". He concludes by stating PS5 "is a better console [than Xbox Series X]".

Salehi also praises PS5's ultra-fast SSD. He explains that Xbox Series X's quick resume feature -- which lets you put multiple games into a suspended state and switch between them within a few seconds -- could be achieved on PS5 "in under one second".

When asked which of the two consoles he personally prefers to work with, Salehi confidently says PS5 "without a moment of hesitation". He adds, "As a programmer I say PS5 is much better and I don't think you can find a programmer that could name one advantage that XSX has over PS5".

SWORDF1SH

So it's pretty much guaranteed that PS5 will be cheaper than the X Series. What position will it put Microsoft in if PS5 launches cheaper than the S Series.

kitler53

Apr 07, 2020, 01:15 AM Last Edit: Apr 07, 2020, 02:50 AM by kitler53
So it's pretty much guaranteed that PS5 will be cheaper than the X Series. What position will it put Microsoft in if PS5 launches cheaper than the S Series.
price and games.   i'm feeling pretty good about both going in sony's favor with ps5 vs xbox series x.  if series s can launch at $300 it could be a major game changer in the gen's war.  if it launches at $400 then series s will be completely irrelevant.

you can get an xbox one x for $300 today.  seems to me that series s could hit $300 if MS really wants it to.

Go Up