PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

On the PS5 Reddit.  

"The PS5 will probably cost $600.  The world has changed. People spend $1000 a year on cellphones".

::)

Legend

On media blackout. Is this trailer good at least?

Xevross

On media blackout. Is this trailer good at least?
Well a lot of people are loving the gameplay. Seems much like MGSV gameplay so if you like that you'll like DS. I personally didn't like MGSV at all and was hoping this would be different.

Trailer is good, story seems pretty intrigueing yet very simple for all the weirdness going on in the game.

Dr. Pezus

Well a lot of people are loving the gameplay. Seems much like MGSV gameplay so if you like that you'll like DS. I personally didn't like MGSV at all and was hoping this would be different.

Trailer is good, story seems pretty intrigueing yet very simple for all the weirdness going on in the game.
For its faults, mgsv gameplay was at least incredible.

Xevross

For its faults, mgsv gameplay was at least incredible.
Right because what ever are subjective opinions? :P

Legend

Right because what ever are subjective opinions? :P
lol I loved MGSV but I'd never deny that other people didn't.

Xevross

Played the Modern Warfare beta for a bit. First impressions were: woooah the gunplay feels so much better, almost a revolutionary improvement from COD's standard. Then I played some more and... eesh. Pretty much everything else is just bad, I don't get how this is the most hyped cod in years. Think its gonna be the first of the gen that I'm skipping.

TTK is way too low especially after Blops 4, it feels awful. Netcode and spawns are iced in classic cod fashion. I dislike killstreaks being back as much as I thought I would. People flying around and doing things like headglitching seems worse than ever. Cool beans.

I guess I take it back, I do get why this is so hyped, its heading back to the classic cod mess of last gen that so many people still love despite all the changes away from that in this gen's cods being good.

DerNebel

So TLOU Part II Previews and probably (hopefully) release date announcement coming next week, that's neat.

the-pi-guy

PS2: insert disk and play immediately
PS3: insert disk, install, update, play an hour later
(We have to go back)
PS4: insert disk, install, play 5 minutes later.  Update and do most of the install in the background.

What's next?  

Xevross

(We have to go back)
PS4: insert disk, install, play 5 minutes later.  Update and do most of the install in the background.

What's next?  

PS5: play before you insert the disc!

Dr. Pezus

PS5: play before you insert the disc!
Download and install before you put in the disc via a phone activation

Legend

Download and install before you put in the disc via a phone activation
Well this was mentioned at the PS4 announcement and has been ever so rarely used, but PS5 could download games before you buy them. Let you open up the menu and have it all loaded, just waiting for the activation code/release time.
(We have to go back)

What's next?  

I love how fast it is with PS4. PS3 was fine but it's weird popping in a disc and just being ready. I popped in Fallout 4 yesterday just so it could get everything setup before I actually wanted to play and yeah it was less than 5 minutes. Nothing like what I was expecting.

kitler53

Well this was mentioned at the PS4 announcement and has been ever so rarely used
what are you talking about.  on the one hand any game i've pre-ordered has been downloaded before the release day and becomes immediately playable once the timer count down is complete.  not that i pre-order a ton of games but it has been glorius especially because I live in CST so the game unlocks at 11pm the day before it releases.

alternatively, any game i buy from psn while at work can be sent to download to my primary ps4 when i purchase it and it's all downloaded and updated and ready to play by the time i get home from work.  i use and love that feature.

but PS5 could download games before you buy them.
i would be fudgy livid if that happened.  my playstation is my playstation.  sony/ms/nintendo has no right to use my internet bandwidth and HD drive space to essentially put an advertisement on my system to say "buy and play now!".   i'm always at the limit of my 500 Gb and i'd be soo fudgy livid if 80 Gb was used to pre-download TLoU2 in hopes to sell it to me.

the real answer is playstation now.    purchase a game or insert a disc,..  give me immediate access to playing the game via the cloud while the installation update is being applied.  when the installation is complete gracefully switch over to local play.  i mean obviously my game would be interrupted for a minute while the game save is transferred and the game is loaded locally but i'd still consider that "graceful".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

State of Play on the 24th, 4PM ET.  And a separate The Last of Us 2 media event on the same day.

TLoU2 will be on State of Play.  

what are you talking about.  on the one hand any game i've pre-ordered has been downloaded before the release day and becomes immediately playable once the timer count down is complete.  not that i pre-order a ton of games but it has been glorius especially because I live in CST so the game unlocks at 11pm the day before it releases.
I don't think it's really the norm, that people use their phones to install games on their PS.

the real answer is playstation now.    purchase a game or insert a disc,..  give me immediate access to playing the game via the cloud while the installation update is being applied.  when the installation is complete gracefully switch over to local play.  i mean obviously my game would be interrupted for a minute while the game save is transferred and the game is loaded locally but i'd still consider that "graceful".
Agreed.   I think with a bit of technical wizardry, there wouldn't need to be any interuption.  Particularly with the fast SSDs being promised.

Legend

what are you talking about.  on the one hand any game i've pre-ordered has been downloaded before the release day and becomes immediately playable once the timer count down is complete.  not that i pre-order a ton of games but it has been glorius especially because I live in CST so the game unlocks at 11pm the day before it releases.

alternatively, any game i buy from psn while at work can be sent to download to my primary ps4 when i purchase it and it's all downloaded and updated and ready to play by the time i get home from work.  i use and love that feature.

i would be fudgy livid if that happened.  my playstation is my playstation.  sony/ms/nintendo has no right to use my internet bandwidth and HD drive space to essentially put an advertisement on my system to say "buy and play now!".   i'm always at the limit of my 500 Gb and i'd be soo fudgy livid if 80 Gb was used to pre-download TLoU2 in hopes to sell it to me.

the real answer is playstation now.    purchase a game or insert a disc,..  give me immediate access to playing the game via the cloud while the installation update is being applied.  when the installation is complete gracefully switch over to local play.  i mean obviously my game would be interrupted for a minute while the game save is transferred and the game is loaded locally but i'd still consider that "graceful".

27:30 in the video.

Yeah it'd mostly be an annoying feature unless the player was involved. The closest thing I believe ever happened was Sony putting Destiny 2 on people's systems (but it didn't download the full game unless you bought it).

Go Up