Started by the-pi-guy, May 27, 2022, 02:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

May 27, 2022, 02:20 PM Last Edit: Jun 01, 2022, 09:30 PM by Legend

BananaKing

Third party reveals and PSVR2.

Interesting, ill still watch it of course. But im not expecting much or anything first party wise

the-pi-guy

Now I can live in shame.  8)

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Well, next week they can announce the main show.

the-pi-guy

Well, next week they can announce the main show.
End of state of play: "now that we have gotten this garbage out of the way, we can have the real show next week"

:'(

/S

I think this could be decent. Especially if there is some good PSVR2 stuff.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i would not be too surprised if we got a second state of play in june.   give people something to talk about a week before the not-E3 events.   give people something to talk about the week after the not-E3 events.

the smaller but more numerous approach is all about:
1. making sure you're always being talked about
2. making sure the things you announced aren't completely ignored do to information overload.

sony really ought to have a lot to talk about these days.   now that ps++ is releasing a new marketing cycle can start.  with GoW being rated we should have a release date announcement and an in-depth gameplay state of play to look forward to on that one.

kitler53

**reads era thread**

reactions are mixed between being over hyped and preemptively disappointed.

the psblog post states "announcements and updates" and "third party" and "psvr2".  i'll go on record with a few predictions:

1. TLoU remake and the ND multiplayer game will not be announced.   that will come later.
2. Maybe we see an update for GoW.  I'm not ruling it out entirely but I'm thinking it not too likely.
3. Forespoken will be talked about.
4. Final Fantasy XVI will be talked about.
5. At least 1 of the previously announced indie games will get a release date.  Something like "stray" but not necessarily stray.  i think there are like 5-6 titles from that previous showcase that still remains undated.
6. At least 1 other big 3rd party game is talked about.   I'm liking Legends observation in that other thread and i'll go with "avatar" as the most likely candidate.
7. psvr 2 will be a considerable focus of this state-of-play.  i don't think we'll see too many psvr2 exclusives though.  i think the focus will be on big AAA that is "psvr" enabled like resident evil was.
8. insomniac will announce a game for psvr.   ...it's been too long since they announced a game.
9. any/every playstation studios game that is announced it will be announced as a psvr enabled title.
10. no matter what happens,.. the gaming internet sites will rate this presentation as if it were an "E3 showcase" presentation and thus be absolutely disappointed by it no matter how many good things are discussed.

Legend

It's "nearly 30 minutes" so I doubt it has that much.

Every vr game will probably be vr exclusive though. 2D games with vr modes can announce those modes at a later date, but PSVR2 exclusives need to be announced so that they can start marketing.

the-pi-guy

I wouldn't expect most of that.

- Street Fighter VI? according to Grubb
- Astrobot 2
- insomniac VR game?

This is what I'll expect.

BananaKing

I expect

Hogwarts legacy trailer
Final fantasy 16 trailer.
Forespoken trailer.
PSVR game from London studio
Horizon call of the mountain gameplay/trailer

And im calling it now. Spiderman PSVR game/"experience"

kitler53

I expect

Hogwarts legacy trailer
Final fantasy 16 trailer.
Forespoken trailer.
PSVR game from London studio
Horizon call of the mountain gameplay/trailer

And im calling it now. Spiderman PSVR game/"experience"
from insomniac?

that. sounds. Amaaaaazing!

BananaKing

from insomniac?

that. sounds. Amaaaaazing!
Oh yeah I am expecting it from insomniac. Sooner or later I think it will happen  

I mean it has to happen. They have the PSVR experience, they have the licence and the trust of mavrel and Sony without a doubt. I think all 3 parties would be very open to the idea.

Swinging around New York in VR as spiderman? I dont see many other ideas as big as a system seller as that

the-pi-guy

Im kind of shocked that Sony will have a State of Play 10 days before MS has their conference. 

I expect MS's show will be pretty big, and it will further bloated by announcing stuff that's years off.

I was really thinking Sony would want to either go big or wait so they're not being compared.

Go Up