I need to talk about Star Wars, there is something everyone missed

Started by Legend, May 10, 2022, 11:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

i don't see how avatar 2 can even come close to avatar 1 with theaters in such a bad place right now.  

also, unless i'm missing something about some grand new technology being introduced this is going to have sequelitize.   even if the story is better.  even if the graphics are better.   ...3D is old hat now.  

it doesn't necessarily flop but it won't be a blow-out like avatar 1 was.
I'm underwhelmed by the graphics in the teaser. They look great but they don't look like a generational leap above current stuff. The first movie essentially invented modern mocap and cgi but all I've heard about the sequel is that they invented a way to shoot motion capture under water. That's not enough to shock audiences.

Wouldn't bet against James Cameron though. Terminator 2 and Aliens are often considered better than the originals, so he obviously has the potential to make Avatar 2 "bold" enough to not suffer as a sequel.

I don't think most people hate Avatar, I just generally see that it's weird that the movie didn't have much of a cultural impact.  
Which feels strange for the biggest grossing movie ever.  

You look up Avatar, you get the TV show.
I hardly ever see memes about Avatar the movie, whereas The Lord of the Rings is constantly memed.  

I tried this in a private tab and only got James Cameron Avatar stuff.

the-pi-guy

I'm underwhelmed by the graphics in the teaser. They look great but they don't look like a generational leap above current stuff. The first movie essentially invented modern mocap and cgi but all I've heard about the sequel is that they invented a way to shoot motion capture under water. That's not enough to shock audiences.

Wouldn't bet against James Cameron though. Terminator 2 and Aliens are often considered better than the originals, so he obviously has the potential to make Avatar 2 "bold" enough to not suffer as a sequel.

I tried this in a private tab and only got James Cameron Avatar stuff.

Sorry I meant "Avatar memes", but that's an arbitrary standard.

nnodley

i mean are theaters in a bad place when spider man no way home almost made 2 billion, the batman made almost 800 million and doctor strange is likely to make over a billion.

Dr. Pezus

i mean are theaters in a bad place when spider man no way home almost made 2 billion, the batman made almost 800 million and doctor strange is likely to make over a billion.
Yes. There's a lot fewer medium sized movies. Only a few megahits.

Go Up