PS5 VRR rolls out this week

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 25, 2022, 07:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

Digital Foundry also bang on about VRR. Usually using it to put a series X version of a game above the PS5

kitler53

clearly you've never watched a digital foundry video or read any of the era threads spawned by a DF video.   soo many fudgy declarations of VRR being life changing and an xbox system selling feature by the framerate snobs that plague our hobby.   i especially love (to hate) the one where DF talked about how VRR was a life changing necessity to clean up some infrequent and slight dips in some game's 120 fps mode.  i want to say it was CoD but i'm not sure if i remember that correctly.

fudgy elites snobs making a mountain out of an ant hill...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Digital Foundry also bang on about VRR. Usually using it to put a series X version of a game above the PS5
clearly you've never watched a digital foundry video or read any of the era threads spawned by a DF video.   soo many fudgy declarations of VRR being life changing and an xbox system selling feature by the framerate snobs that plague our hobby.   i especially love (to hate) the one where DF talked about how VRR was a life changing necessity to clean up some infrequent and slight dips in some game's 120 fps mode.  i want to say it was CoD but i'm not sure if i remember that correctly.

fudgy elites snobs making a mountain out of an ant hill...
Well yeah their entire profession is based on comparing tech, frame rates, resolutions, shadows, etc.  

They're the ones to say this game with 45 with VRR is going to feel better than 50 without VRR.

If you can't tell the difference above 30, you're not going to care here, but that doesn't make them wrong.  

With my analogy before, if you're hitting your head on your car door, it's great when you see it happen less. If you're not hitting your head, then it really doesn't matter.

SWORDF1SH

Well yeah their entire profession is based on comparing tech, frame rates, resolutions, shadows, etc.  

They're the ones to say this game with 45 with VRR is going to feel better than 50 without VRR.

If you can't tell the difference above 30, you're not going to care here, but that doesn't make them wrong.  

With my analogy before, if you're hitting your head on your car door, it's great when you see it happen less. If you're not hitting your head, then it really doesn't matter.
I can't really tell much difference between 30 and 60 if I'm honest but I thought VRR stops stuttering which I can see and can be annoying.

the-pi-guy

I can't really tell much difference between 30 and 60 if I'm honest but I thought VRR stops stuttering which I can see and can be annoying.
Yes that is what it is for.  

But some people aren't as sensitive to stutter.  

Dr. Pezus

It's apparently limited and doesn't work below 48fps. Worse than xb and pc. Still better than nothing but a bit disappointing considering the time they took. According to digital foundry

Legend

It's apparently limited and doesn't work below 48fps. Worse than xb and pc. Still better than nothing but a bit disappointing considering the time they took. According to digital foundry
Yeah PS5 has been disappointing in general with future proofing itself. If its hardware limited, a PS5 refresh in a few years could be pretty nice as new TV features become more common.

Go Up