Starfield OT Gone Gold

Started by Legend, Mar 17, 2022, 12:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

So MS has nothing for this year?

Maybe forza 7? But that's it??
To be fair, we thought the same thing last year.

I remember commenting that it was weird they announced stuff that was years out the year prior, when they still had unannounced games coming out.  

the-pi-guy

I'm surprised how much trouble they're having with this game. Hopefully it's huge and it ends up being great.

But from 2015-2023, they've mostly made some Skyrim ports, a mobile title, Fallout VR, and Fallout 76.  

Which isn't terrible quantity wise, but it's kind of poor for what should be a premier studio.

Legend

May 12, 2022, 03:17 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:27 PM by Legend
Noooooooooooo!

Seeing the updated countdown hurts me.

I'm surprised how much trouble they're having with this game. Hopefully it's huge and it ends up being great.

But from 2015-2023, they've mostly made some Skyrim ports, a mobile title, Fallout VR, and Fallout 76. 

Which isn't terrible quantity wise, but it's kind of poor for what should be a premier studio.
It's funny that they were so confident in releasing exactly 11 years after skyrim. You'd think they'd only do that if the game was already practically finished last year.

lolz, can't wait to go to the era thread now.   there was soo many that were confident in the date (starfield) and soo many confident in the delay.   that was a fun fight to watch and i'm always entertained by a good "i told you so".

also lolz about redfield.
Redfall just needs to release already so the devs can go back to a cool game.

the-pi-guy

Noooooooooooo!

Seeing the updated countdown hurts me.
:'(

On the bright side, I put it to the end of the first half of 2023, so it should come earlier.

It's funny that they were so confident in releasing exactly 10 years after skyrim. You'd think they'd only do that if the game was already practically finished last year.
Really puts the "we're confident in the date, otherwise we wouldn't be announcing it" into question...

kitler53

:'(

On the bright side, I put it to the end of the first half of 2023, so it should come earlier.

Really puts the "we're confident in the date, otherwise we wouldn't be announcing it" into question...
not really.

it's MS and a CGI trailer.  the real question everyone should be asking is "has development even started yet?"

it's been almost 3 years since everwild was announced and the only bit of news since that trailer is "we still haven't figured out what the gameplay is quite yet" and supposedly a "rebooted from scratch" last year.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

To be fair, we thought the same thing last year.

I remember commenting that it was weird they announced stuff that was years out the year prior, when they still had unannounced games coming out.  
Last year we know there was halo infinite

I think we also knew there was a forza game.

What games do they have for this year?

the-pi-guy

Last year we know there was halo infinite

I think we also knew there was a forza game.

What games do they have for this year?
Last year they did a switch on Forza.

The one they announced in 2020 still hasn't come out, and the one that did come out was announced in their June 2021 show just a few months prior.

kitler53

i'm sure MS will have something.   just none of their true "wow" games.  they'll have something at least on the order of psychonauts 2.

i'm more worried about sony.  with literally nothing announced outside of GoW i have no idea what to expect.

BananaKing

i'm sure MS will have something.   just none of their true "wow" games.  they'll have something at least on the order of psychonauts 2.

i'm more worried about sony.  with literally nothing announced outside of GoW i have no idea what to expect.

I mean getting GT7, Horizon, GoW and forespoken in one year sounds good enough to me. Much better than MS. I do hope we get at least one more title from Sony this year.

kitler53

I mean getting GT7, Horizon, GoW and forespoken in one year sounds good enough to me. Much better than MS. I do hope we get at least one more title from Sony this year.
i'll believe GoW when it get's a release date.

i have a hard time counting forespoken since it's a SE game and not from a sony 1st party studio.   if sony doesn't buy SE i'm sure it will be on xbox a year later.  that's like being excited for deathloop as a playstation exclusive...

kitler53

Legend

kitler53

Microsoft partnered with Smilegate to bring CrossfireX to xbox. Does that count?

CrossfireX for Xbox Series X Reviews - Metacritic

if it scored at least above 40 maybe it would have counted...

...as is i think it's in MS's best interest for people to say they've released nothing.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Go Up