Mar 17, 2022, 12:03 AM Last Edit: Aug 24, 2023, 01:01 AM by Legend

Release Date : November 11, 2022

Platforms : Xbox, PC

Developer : Bethesda

Publisher : Bethesda

Legend

Legend

nnodley

heeeeyyyyy I can hop on this hype train now!!!

series x still in stock on walmart if others want to hop on the hype train!  8)

kitler53

am i the only one that sees no reason to be hyped for this?   looks like very early NMS to me...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

am i the only one that sees no reason to be hyped for this?   looks like very early NMS to me...
At worst I expect fallout in space. The Outer Worlds was pretty fun.

I don't know what space sim stuff they are doing but I doubt it'll sacrifice the stuff Bethesda is known for.

kitler53

At worst I expect fallout in space. The Outer Worlds was pretty fun.

I don't know what space sim stuff they are doing but I doubt it'll sacrifice the stuff Bethesda is known for.
i played fallout 3 only and only then for about 10 hours.   dropped it because it was terribly unfun.   like the full embodiment of what makes open world bad at it's worst.

has it gotten any better since then?

the-pi-guy

I've never played Fallout, I have played Skyrim.  

And I would say, that is exactly the kind of game that is made for open world.

Legend

i played fallout 3 only and only then for about 10 hours.   dropped it because it was terribly unfun.   like the full embodiment of what makes open world bad at it's worst.

has it gotten any better since then?
I've never actually played any Fallout, just The Outer Worlds which everyone compared to Fallout.

I've never played Fallout, I have played Skyrim.  

And I would say, that is exactly the kind of game that is made for open world.
Skyrim is great at really letting you invest in your own adventure. I hope starfield is the same.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Indirect quote Hevy008
They said that they personally were not a fan of Bethesda games but that Starfield had an overabundance of content (enough content that they probably have to cut some and they will to hit 11/11/22) and if you like Bethesda games you will probably love Starfield.

Quote from: Redditer
[speculation] I don't think they realized that manual space flight was not confirmed for Starfield because they spent a good amount of time trying to find sources on it being confirmed and stating "how are you going to have a space game without flight" multiple times before deleting their account.
Sauce
Quote from: Jason Schreier
-Can confirm that Hevy008 was legit. Can't necessarily back up everything they said, but they were definitely who they said they were. Hope the lawyers aren't going after them.

-I texted that Skullzi list of bullet points to a source who'd know and they responded "battleship."

-Skullzi has also been wrong in the past (like most Bethesda "insiders," all of whom were spreading misinfo about Starfield's release date) https://twitter.com/skullzitv/status/1394029472031072265
Sauce

Legend

nnodley

Starfield and Redfall Delayed to 2023
Starfield and Redfall Delayed to 2023 - IGN

Aaannnd delayed. CHANGE THE TIMER!

BananaKing

So MS has nothing for this year?

Maybe forza 7? But that's it??

kitler53

Starfield and Redfall Delayed to 2023
Starfield and Redfall Delayed to 2023 - IGN

Aaannnd delayed. CHANGE THE TIMER!
lolz, can't wait to go to the era thread now.   there was soo many that were confident in the date (starfield) and soo many confident in the delay.   that was a fun fight to watch and i'm always entertained by a good "i told you so".

also lolz about redfield.

Go Up