Twisty Puzzle Simulator OT: piece by piece

Started by Legend, Oct 23, 2018, 03:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update

I'm at the mercy of youtube approving me, but I'm planning to do a live stream of the "Adventure Update" tonight. Also I don't have the world's best internet so we'll see how it goes. The update will go out in early 2019.

Legend

Well I had some streaming issues at the end, but overall it went pretty good!

(Youtube still hasn't approved my VizionEck account for livestreams, so it's faux live)

the-pi-guy

That looks awesome!  

xaex

WOW the Adventure Update video look awesome :) Can't wait to try it and the new puzzles. Can you go back to a puzzle you've earned a star on and "grind" for more coins?

Either there is an exploit or I made the platinum too easy!

Congrats to the first Puzzle Master!!!!!!!!!!!!
I second that, Congrats to whoever solved all of the puzzles for the Plat. It looks like a 2nd person got the Plat :o I've only got 5 of the Trophies so far, and I'm working on the 3x3x4 puzzles and Binary Planets puzzles Trophies now (all about 60%+ solved).

I've been racking my brain trying to decipher the "CATAMARAN • LOCOMOTOR" code(s). I've tried by Frequency "242424241 • 142424242 / 242424R41 • LO2O2O2OR" (without/with "Direction" and "O") and still nothing :'(
The only puzzle that worked with the codes I generated so far is for Bubble (UOUOUOUOX)
I'm probably over thinking the solution :-[

Just added a 2x2x4 to my collection, fun little puzzle to solve.

Xevross

Yeah the adventure mode update looks great, definitely something for someone like me!

I was also going to ask if there's some sort of tutorial or teacher mode for these puzzles... watching the video it seems like even on the simpler scrambles you might get a bit lost if you don't know the techniques for solving these. So if there's levels that are dedicated to stuff like how to swap these two squares or how to get this square into a complete line etc.

I second that, Congrats to whoever solved all of the puzzles for the Plat. It looks like a 2nd person got the Plat :o I've only got 5 of the Trophies so far, and I'm working on the 3x3x4 puzzles and Binary Planets puzzles Trophies now (all about 60%+ solved).

I've been racking my brain trying to decipher the "CATAMARAN • LOCOMOTOR" code(s). I've tried by Frequency "242424241 • 142424242 / 242424R41 • LO2O2O2OR" (without/with "Direction" and "O") and still nothing :'(
The only puzzle that worked with the codes I generated so far is for Bubble (UOUOUOUOX)
I'm probably over thinking the solution :-[

2 people getting the plat already is pretty mad! How many people are playing the game in total?

These codes and puzzles are the most @Legend thing I've ever heard.

ImStylinOnYaBro

Either there is an exploit or I made the platinum too easy!

Congrats to the first Puzzle Master!!!!!!!!!!!!

have no fear, it has pumbled the few trophy hunters into submission.  https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8483-twisty-puzzle-simulator

hell, i've been dabbling w/ the rubiks cube basic for a few  weeks now (well, 2 hours per week) and i still have yet to solve the final layer.

Legend

WOW the Adventure Update video look awesome  Can't wait to try it and the new puzzles. Can you go back to a puzzle you've earned a star on and "grind" for more coins?
Thanks!

Yes you can solve puzzles as many times as you want and earn coins while doing so. Coins are primarily used for buying stars to help with progression, but they can also be used to buy "gimmicky" things that are just for fun.

I second that, Congrats to whoever solved all of the puzzles for the Plat. It looks like a 2nd person got the Plat  I've only got 5 of the Trophies so far, and I'm working on the 3x3x4 puzzles and Binary Planets puzzles Trophies now (all about 60%+ solved).

I've been racking my brain trying to decipher the "CATAMARAN • LOCOMOTOR" code(s). I've tried by Frequency "242424241 • 142424242 / 242424R41 • LO2O2O2OR" (without/with "Direction" and "O") and still nothing
I'm probably over thinking the solution  

The CATAMARAN LOCOMOTOR codes lead to a relatively simple puzzle so I'll give you some help.

In CATAMARAN, A=O.

In LOCOMOTOR, O=O.

CATAMARAN=LOCOMOTOR, it is just one code presented twice using two ciphers and all codes end in OX.

I like my 2x2x4 too. It's my only cuboid.

Yeah the adventure mode update looks great, definitely something for someone like me!

I was also going to ask if there's some sort of tutorial or teacher mode for these puzzles... watching the video it seems like even on the simpler scrambles you might get a bit lost if you don't know the techniques for solving these. So if there's levels that are dedicated to stuff like how to swap these two squares or how to get this square into a complete line etc.
I was essentially speedrunning the game since I've played the opening section so much (although I still got tripped up a couple times lol).

Normally you'd spend a lot more time with the first few puzzles and use them to figure out some general techniques. For example the very first puzzle teaches/reminds the player to think of all stickers on a piece instead of just focusing on one color. The 1x2x2 throws a curveball on the third solve since it involves a few more twists.

Since this is a twisty puzzle simulator and not a 3x3x3 simulator, I think the tutorials need to taught within gameplay so the player thinks they figured it out for themselves. That way they understand why the technique works and can modify it for future situations. I'll probably need to add more easy starter puzzles though.

xaex

The CATAMARAN LOCOMOTOR codes lead to a relatively simple puzzle so I'll give you some help.

In CATAMARAN, A=O.

In LOCOMOTOR, O=O.

CATAMARAN=LOCOMOTOR, it is just one code presented twice using two ciphers and all codes end in OX.
I guess I was over thinking the code :-[ I thought it was like the 3 codes on the side to the Mole Cube's orange center, where you need to add OX after deciphering the code(s) (making this code 9 button inputs + OX). So I went back to the codes I generated and got it on the 2nd code ;D Thank you Legend.
The new code is for the Corner Cube:    L O R O U O D O X
I added the code to the list in my previous post.

Legend

Legend

Twisty Puzzle Simulator released a whole month ago!

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone who has supported the game in one way or another. I truly appreciate it. 2019 is going to be really crazy.

SWORDF1SH

Twisty Puzzle Simulator released a whole month ago!

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone who has supported the game in one way or another. I truly appreciate it. 2019 is going to be really crazy.
I will buy when it's on the uk store. Amazon being a baby about buying US digital codes.

Legend

I will buy when it's on the uk store. Amazon being a baby about buying US digital codes.
No problem. The European release is being held up by age ratings which are outside my control. Originally they were going to be taken care of by November so I could do a simultaneous launch.

This age ratings delay affected all games, not just Twisty Puzzle Simulator, but I didn't have the development budget to bypass the delay and stick to schedule.

SWORDF1SH

No problem. The European release is being held up by age ratings which are outside my control. Originally they were going to be taken care of by November so I could do a simultaneous launch.

This age ratings delay affected all games, not just Twisty Puzzle Simulator, but I didn't have the development budget to bypass the delay and stick to schedule.
But we aren't European. We are our own continent... erm... Anglopean.

Legend

It's a complete coincidence, but the new campaign has exactly 150 stars. Only ~100 are needed to see the credits roll.

xaex

It's a complete coincidence, but the new campaign has exactly 150 stars. Only ~100 are needed to see the credits roll.
Nice! Are you adding new Trophies for the new Campaign?  Also, are the Emojis in the Dodecahedron puzzle a hidden code or just a texture? The :) :( at the end make it look like the O X ending to all of the codes ;)

Go Up