Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

miles morales being 3rd in dollar sales is pretty dang impressive when you consider it didn't launch as a full price title.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

miles morales being 3rd in dollar sales is pretty dang impressive when you consider it didn't launch as a full price title.

Wasn't it 60 usd on ps5 though?

the-pi-guy

Wasn't it 60 usd on ps5 though?
No. Same price on PS4/PS5. It was part of the free upgrades due to being a launch title.

kitler53

Pi is right,.. same price on both skus and a budget release.   there is a higher price sku that also contains the remastered version of the original spiderman but that simply brings its price up to "full price" until other deluxe skus that sell at a higher than full price premium.

the-pi-guy

-Physical copies are 35.4% down from Horizon Zero dawn

No digital numbers, but keep in mind that digital generally makes up 2/3 copies, whereas with Horizon 1, it was around 1/4

BananaKing

-Physical copies are 35.4% down from Horizon Zero dawn

No digital numbers, but keep in mind that digital generally makes up 2/3 copies, whereas with Horizon 1, it was around 1/4
Also remember the existence of the PS5 DE.

But I can see launch sales not being that high because a lot of people are waiting to get a PS5 and cant yet. (Like me)

Dr. Pezus

I'm waiting for Sony. I expect similar numbers to the first to slightly better, when digital is included. That would be insane considering there aren't that many PS5s out there but it is on PS4 as well I guess

kitler53

I think higher first week is a given.  horizon had huge legs and some of those will be converted to day-1 buyers.  

but can it have a bigger opening and still have legs?

BananaKing

I think higher first week is a given.  horizon had huge legs and some of those will be converted to day-1 buyers.  

but can it have a bigger opening and still have legs?
I think the legs will no doubt be better than horizon ZD. A lot of people who buy a PS5 will want to buy it, PS5 is still in its early days. A lot of potential buys who want it but don't have a PS5 yet (like me)

However its launch sales that I think could go either way. If they manage roughly the same number if units at launch, FW will be considerably more profitable than ZD (speaking of launch for both)

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

Holly fudge. Horizon FW sold around 150k. So this is around 375k.  Insane numbers.

Well deserved for FS

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

With what a week or two of sales? Elden Ring is the 5th biggest game of the past 12 months.

Dr. Pezus

dang From has made it big!

Legend

Three Years of Astroneer: By The Numbers | by System Era | Mar, 2022 | Medium

$75 million revenue, 3,470,000 unit sales. Averages $20 per copy so I guess the vast majority of those sales happened while it was on sale, usually it's $30.

Go Up