PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

I dont see any show or announcements happening soon. The last 2 years their show was in September. Just waiting 6 months for their show doesnt seem realistic. If they were going to have a show they would have had the PSVR2 announcement in it anyways

I expect a show in July or August. Probably a month before GoW releases.

the-pi-guy

I dont see any show or announcements happening soon. The last 2 years their show was in September. Just waiting 6 months for their show doesnt seem realistic. If they were going to have a show they would have had the PSVR2 announcement in it anyways

I expect a show in July or August. Probably a month before GoW releases.
2020 they had a show in June and September.

There are a bunch of things that are supposed to get updates this spring. Plus project Spartacus is supposed to launch soon. 

the-pi-guy

I also think they would have had a show earlier last year, but stuff got delayed.

kitler53

we just had a show for GT...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

we just had a show for GT...
Sony doesn't tend to space out their game focused state of plays.

They put out 2 state of plays 3 weeks apart when The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima were coming out.

the-pi-guy

There are supposed to be a bunch of games that are supposed to be getting updates soon.
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Hogwarts Legacy
- Sony has start moving GoW hype
- project Spartacus is poised to come some time in the next couple months.

kitler53

Sony doesn't tend to space out their game focused state of plays.

They put out 2 state of plays 3 weeks apart when The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima were coming out.
all i'm saying is sony/ms both had E3 style (clips/announcements) shows early in the lifecycle and everyone criticized them as "boring" and "disappointing".     

now that announcements are all digital anyways i don't see sony/MS every returning to that format again.  this "state of play" or "nintendo direct" format seems to be the near term format.   short. more frequent.  focus on a portion of the library: a specific game, indies, a specific near term time frame.   there's no benefit to sony/MS to jam a years worth of announcements into a 1 hour show and then a year of silence when they can drip feed it to you every "random tuesday" and maintain "engagement" which seems to be an industry KPI now..

we just had bungie acquisition announced.  we just had a state of play for GT.  SF6 was just announced on monday.   we just had a psblog on psvr 2 hardware reveal yesterday.   that 1/4 of your "E3 2022" right there...   

the-pi-guy

Tom has listed like 10 games that are due for an update

all i'm saying is sony/ms both had E3 style (clips/announcements) shows early in the lifecycle and everyone criticized them as "boring" and "disappointing".    

now that announcements are all digital anyways i don't see sony/MS every returning to that format again.  this "state of play" or "nintendo direct" format seems to be the near term format.   short. more frequent.  focus on a portion of the library: a specific game, indies, a specific near term time frame.   there's no benefit to sony/MS to jam a years worth of announcements into a 1 hour show and then a year of silence when they can drip feed it to you every "random tuesday" and maintain "engagement" which seems to be an industry KPI now..

we just had bungie acquisition announced.  we just had a state of play for GT.  SF6 was just announced on monday.   we just had a psblog on psvr 2 hardware reveal yesterday.   that 1/4 of your "E3 2022" right there...  
They're doing a bit of both.

Last year they had a State of Play just about every 2 months with a large showcase in there as well.

Their current strategy is:
A big event or two, every year focusing on first party announcements
State of Play every ~2 months for updates, smaller announcements
State of Play ~1 month before game launch.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

oh, that's a good month.  even better than the leak.

Dr. Pezus

Wasn't sonic offered before? Like 2 years ago

the-pi-guy

Sonic Forces was offered two years ago.

At least in NA.

Legend

At least in NA.
I feel old. My brain jumped to the sonic racing game from 10 years ago.

PS Plus: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free on Vita for Members - PlayStation.Blog

Dr. Pezus

At least in NA.
I feel old. My brain jumped to the sonic racing game from 10 years ago.

PS Plus: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free on Vita for Members - PlayStation.Blog
Holy shame, yeah that was it. How was it 10 years ago lmao? And how does it feel like 2 years.

the-pi-guy

Go Up