Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

People like different things.  

Netflix easily has the best UI. A lot of services do weird things like having each language be its own entry as an episode in a TV series. So it's super annoying to have to jump around, and it's baffling as to why more services don't have it all together.

Or I think Amazon has every season of every series TV series as its own selectable entry, making it bizarrely difficult to get to the next season of a series.

kitler53

People like different things.  

Netflix easily has the best UI. A lot of services do weird things like having each language be its own entry as an episode in a TV series. So it's super annoying to have to jump around, and it's baffling as to why more services don't have it all together.

Or I think Amazon has every season of every series TV series as its own selectable entry, making it bizarrely difficult to get to the next season of a series.

that one!  that one right there pisses me off to high hell!

...but it clear why they do it.   amazon puts their subscription shows sprinkled between a dozen "have to pay to watch" shows.   must of the non-original content included in the subscriptions is just the first season or two and then you have to pay to watch the rest.   it's frustrating as fudge that i can't just be show things i'm allowed to watch without the need to pay more.   that makes is a trash service that deserves to die more than any other on the market.   fudge amazon.  fudge them sideways in the dog.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

The thing about amazon prime video is part if amazon prime the delivery sub, so if you just want to sub to prime because you use amazon enough, then prime video being there as a bonus is nice.

Otherwise its not really worth the 10$ monthly, not at all.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I got the newest Spiderman movie and an anime movie that I'm pretty sure is going to make me cry.

Legend

I got the newest Spiderman movie and an anime movie that I'm pretty sure is going to make me cry.
I watched spiderman a few days ago. Not sure how it'll hold up for future viewings, but it was great just being first time through.

Legend

Venom 2 is actually pretty good. Big upgrade over the first.

BananaKing

Venom 2 is actually pretty good. Big upgrade over the first.
Huge downgrade. The story was shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Legend

nnodley

Finally watched Uncharted.  I really liked it.   Mark as sully i'm still a little ehhhh on, but i love tom holland as Nate.  The chloe actress is pretty good too.  I think its great that they remixed the games.  I've played the games I don't need to see a full on remake of them.  But the humor and banter was perfectly uncharted, imo.

Legend

Dr. Strange was meh. Multiverse stuff was fun once in spiderman, but they're making Avengers look like a small self contained story.

Avatar trailer was also meh. Just a few random shots that didn't show much. Feel like I missed a few details though.

nnodley

Dr. Strange was meh. Multiverse stuff was fun once in spiderman, but they're making Avengers look like a small self contained story.

Avatar trailer was also meh. Just a few random shots that didn't show much. Feel like I missed a few details though.
Disappointing about the trailer. After all this time you'd think the first teaser for it would be straight mind blowing

Legend

Disappointing about the trailer. After all this time you'd think the first teaser for it would be straight mind blowing
I think I was spoiled by the avatar game trailer, which has a pretty similar setup. That gave me "wow Pandora is back" feelings while the movie trailer was more like "yes avatar is back, but what makes this one different?" TBF it has a lot of different details which are pretty intriguing the more I think about them, but there's no immediate shock.

Also the graphics just felt regular, but that's pretty hard to judge without a higher quality screen. Supposedly the movie was filmed at 60fps not 24fps.

Legend

May 09, 2022, 05:06 PM Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 05:38 PM by Legend

Not even 4k :(

nnodley

Seeing them side by side you can tell the difference in quality.  A2 looks pretty dang good.  Also i am so frickin sad that James Horner passed and won't be doing this.  But i already really like the updated theme in the trailer at least.  The Avatar soundtrack is one of my absolute favorites ever.

Go Up