Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

what amazes me the most is how much passionate discussion we've generated declaring encanto as crud.

usually we just say a movie is bad and move on.   ...so I guess it must have done something right.
It was not an all around terrible movie, it had some good things going for it.  

It was a 4/10 movie that I think would have been an 8/10 movie if it did some basic conflict resolution and wasn't bizarrely poorly executed to one of it's characters for no reason.

That's why it bugs me.

kitler53

it has 9/10 music wrapped around a 6/10 story with a 1/10 story execution.   

all in all Isabela was hot.  would watch again.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Wtf just happened at the oscars.

BananaKing

Mar 28, 2022, 03:47 AM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2022, 04:03 AM by BananaKing
Wtf just happened at the oscars.
Wut happened

Are you talking about the will Smith thing? Because Holly shame. Dont think I ever saw anything like that. Craziest thing like was Kanye coming up on stage and saying beyonce should have won. But this guy flat out baby slapped Chris Rock and told him to basically stfu about his wife.

This will be memed forever. This will be fudgy huge

Man the oscars should make this into an NFT and sell jt

Legend

Wut happened

Are you talking about the will Smith thing? Because Holly shame. Dont think I ever saw anything like that. Craziest thing like was Kanye coming up on stage and saying beyonce should have won. But this guy flat out baby slapped Chris Rock and told him to basically stfu about his wife.

This will be memed forever. This will be fudgy huge

Man the oscars should make this into an NFT and sell jt
Yeah at first I thought it was a skit. Made for a very awkward rest of the show.

kitler53

watched the video.   honestly,.. good for will smith sticking up for his wife like that.  making fun of a disability is so classless.  

SWORDF1SH

And another nail in the coffin for comedy. I hate to see what 'comedy' will be like in another 10 years time. Honestly though, I worry more about the mental state of Will Smith with how his wife has dragged him through the mud. Last night was actions of a man not mentally stable and we shouldn't be supporting physical assault over a joke.

BananaKing

Apr 03, 2022, 05:10 PM Last Edit: Apr 03, 2022, 05:13 PM by BananaKing
I watched uncharted. Honestly its was better than the train treck I initially expected.

The dialogue was horrible at times.

But the casting was the worst part. Holland doesn't know how to be drake. And Mark clearly didn't play the games or study sullys character.

I dont know why they made sully a huge bumb, and why they made sully and drake assholes to each other. Mark just doesn't fit the role, sully is a charismatic and slick character, Mark was just annoying, has a temper, and an bumb. The casting couldn't be more wrong. If they had a proper cast, the film could have been pretty good.

kitler53

last night in soho was excellent. 

the-pi-guy

Netflix warns password sharing crackdown is coming
Might be the thing to get me to stop subscribing.

kitler53

Apr 20, 2022, 02:28 AM Last Edit: Apr 20, 2022, 02:30 AM by kitler53
why?  ..or how?

if you aren't password sharing you should be affected.  if you are password sharing you aren't subscribing...

if you didn't notice netflix is down 25% again this quarter.   netflix has shown these last 2 quarters that subscription streaming is not a profitable business model.  

Legend

Me too. We only pay for netflix because my sister and brother can use it. If we can't share, none of us are interested enough to pay (beyond a month or two each year when the crown releases)

the-pi-guy

why?  ..or how?

if you aren't password sharing you should be affected.  if you are password sharing you aren't subscribing...
We pay for the highest option and share with my parents/siblings.

There's no real point in us having anything other than the lowest tier.  

And personally I don't really like Netflix enough to keep it. Only real reason was because other people were on it.  

kitler53

i don't get all the hate for netflix.   i have or have had every service and netflix is soooooo much better than any other option.   all this speak of netflix content sucking is soo overblown.   yeah, netflix ships a lot of bad content but they also ship a lot of amazing content.   at least they are delivering something week after week.  disney releases 1 episode at a time to hide the fact they are only delivering 3 season of content a year.   netflix ships 5x that content a week.  

netflix would probably do well to pair back their bad content a bit to better highlight their good content.   but imo it's down to marketing.   netflix doesn't do it well compared to the other services but the other services content is just as bad as anything on netflix just as often.  

..and netflix has hands down the best UiUx.   disney tried their best but it's still bad in places.   ...probably on purpose to hide how little content in on their platform.   the others are down right terrible.  peacock most have a memory leak cause that app outright crashes every hour or so for me.    that's important to me at least.   i can't stand watching amazon even for their good content with how horrible their UiUx is.

BananaKing

Netflix UI and user friendliness is great. Its a great experience. Its just that netflix is filled with trash shows. And yes, its got its few good ones, but honestly its needs ALOT more of older movies and TV shows. Give us a huge back log of movies and shows that are good or underrated, rather then bombard us with shame content

Go Up