PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

"Passive" ads that are not clickable and are not intrusive are fine to a certain degree. Specially in F2P games. But the mobile industry paints a good picture how ads will be in games.

the-pi-guy

...i still think ads in f2p games is fair.  i still think billboard ads in sports games (or anywhere you'd actually see a billboard in real life) actually feels good.
If it is limited to video game billboards or something along those lines (in game magazines, in game TVs), ie stuff that makes sense and isn't obstructive to the player, I think would be absolutely fine.

I would say though, just because there are plans doesn't mean it will happen.

kitler53

to clarify my stance because your responses sound as if i misrepresented myself.

for games i purchase such as gran tursimo,.. i'm okay with passive "billboard" ads especially in locations one would expect to see them.  there are ads in baseball stadiums in real  life so seeing ads in "the show" doesn't bother me in those locations.  it's almost better with them then without them for the sake of "realism".

i personally hate with a passion mandatory 30 second clickable ads like featured in mobile gaming or youtube videos.    however, my stance is still that if the game is completely free to play (like fortnight) it is "fair" for the developer to use ads as a way to monetize their game.  i personally won't want to play it but its better, imo, than mtx-centric monetization where kids whales are paying $20 for a "skin" every week to show off their wallets fashion.  i find that predatory and overall worse than ads.

..so of course we'll get both.

i will NEVER pay for a game that also forces me to watch 30 second clickable ads.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Real life games that have real life ads? Sure. Billboards and banners exist in real life so why not just use real ads to increase the realism.

Non real life games though definitely shouldn't. Ads offer a window into society and TLOU for example would be much worse if the movie posters were real movies swapped out monthly.

kitler53

i dunno legend.   i've often times thought elden ring would be vastly better if merchants had billboard advertising their location and wares.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Hehe  ;D

Anyways.

What kind of games do we think/hope the following studios are working on?

- Bluepoint games
- Santa Monica Studios
- Naughty Dog
- Bend Studio
- Media Molecule

BananaKing

Hehe  ;D

Anyways.

What kind of games do we think/hope the following studios are working on?

- Bluepoint games
- Santa Monica Studios
- Naughty Dog
- Bend Studio
- Media Molecule
SSM - Cory's new IP. Sci fi game
Blue point. - 1) Demons souls "expansion". 2) Jack and Dexter trilogy remake
Bend Studio - steam punk open world game
ND - we know they have factions. But their next single player i think will be TLoU3
Media Molecule - Dreams PS5. I feel the talent in this studio is wasted sadly. Let them make games instead if wasting an entire generation on an engine

the-pi-guy

Media Molecule - Dreams PS5. I feel the talent in this studio is wasted sadly. Let them make games instead if wasting an entire generation on an engine
No joke, Little big planet 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games during the PS3 era. And then they dropped off for me completely during the PS4 era.  

Would be nice to see them do something else this pgen.  

SSM - Cory's new IP. Sci fi game
Blue point. - 1) Demons souls "expansion". 2) Jack and Dexter trilogy remake
I don't think this is what Bluepoint will make, but I suspect it will be in this genre.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

If Spider-Man 2 comes out late 2023, that will be the longest Insomniac has *ever* gone without releasing a game.

I think either they have a smaller title late 2022/early 2023, or Spiderman 2 is early 2023.

So if you exclude their smaller VR and all their mobile titles, the longest is 787 days without a launch. (August 7, 2023)

If you do include them, then their longest is 741 days between their last Spyro and their first Ratchet. (June 22nd 2023)

the-pi-guy

I hope that Sony really gets serious this gen.

If really feels like a content war is brewing. MS has a massive number of studios at the moment. Hard to say what the quality will end up being, but they seem committed as heck to quantity and variety. They seem to be making better efforts at quality than they ever have before.  

I've said it before but I would like Sony to get up to like 30 studios. Get a couple studios working on RPGs, etc. Make a greater variety of games.

the-pi-guy

May 05, 2022, 08:29 PM Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 08:55 PM by the-pi-guy

Wow:

Legend

I almost posted it as a joke the other day but imagine if Activision goes through but Bungie doesn't.

BananaKing

I almost posted it as a joke the other day but imagine if Activision goes through but Bungie doesn't.
Would be insane if it doesn't go through but Activision doesn't.

the-pi-guy

Go Up