Sony FY21 report

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, May 10, 2022, 01:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

May 26, 2022, 10:11 AM Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:27 AM by the-pi-guy
Horizon (Netflix), God of War (Amazon) & Gran Turismo TV series

Revealed by Sony pictures.

Looks like TLOU Factions will release this year. That plus The Show and Destiny puts them at 3 live service games for 2022. Or they could have another game ready that I'm not thinking of.
Jim Ryan said Destiny wasn't included.

Yup. It's "free" money only if it doesn't harm their income elsewhere.

And how the heck are they expecting $300 million for FY22? They have the Uncharted Collection and that's it. Maybe they're being misleading and including Destiny pc numbers?
They probably have a live service game coming out on PC. There's a studio partner that seems likely to launch a game this year.

The "confidence" in live service is astounding. They're pouring money in and expecting nothing but success. Heck Destiny itself has been pretty rocky and I wouldn't believe these numbers even if all the new games magically came from Bungie.

Realistically I think by 2025 they could have maybe 5 live service games that are actually popular, assuming they don't just buy existing ones.
I hope live service crashes with maybe 2 successes. And then they can expand their traditional titles.  :(

At the very least, the slides show an increase in investment for traditional titles as well.