Sony FY21 report

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, May 10, 2022, 01:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

I love the slide saying they want to invest 50 50 in new ip verse exisiting ip. For 2022 it's one third new ip.

Almost everything else is incredibly worrying lol. I want to come back to this thread in 2 years and see how the heck things turned out.

Looks like TLOU Factions will release this year. That plus The Show and Destiny puts them at 3 live service games for 2022. Or they could have another game ready that I'm not thinking of.

The "confidence" in live service is astounding. They're pouring money in and expecting nothing but success. Heck Destiny itself has been pretty rocky and I wouldn't believe these numbers even if all the new games magically came from Bungie.

Realistically I think by 2025 they could have maybe 5 live service games that are actually popular, assuming they don't just buy existing ones.

Yup. It's "free" money only if it doesn't harm their income elsewhere.

And how the heck are they expecting $300 million for FY22? They have the Uncharted Collection and that's it. Maybe they're being misleading and including Destiny pc numbers?
Maybe the last of us factions will release day 1 on PC. And the other live service game too