I need to talk about Star Wars, there is something everyone missed

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, May 10, 2022, 11:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

From a modern perspective, the first three are still pretty great.

The quality jump from the first to the second is huge however. Much higher budget and not a "one man show" from George Lucas.
i'm 100% behind bananaKing here.  

i like the world of star wars i guess.  i mean, light sabers are cool as hell.   there are very interesting designs in the various aliens as far as costumes go.  the idea of a planet destroying ship was interesting (the first time).   but the format and story telling in the movie is just terrible.   the new movies copy that format and get trashed for it but its true to the star wars formula,.. it's just a bad movie formula.  

i've yet to watch any of the disney+ series yet but i'll bet that is the best star wars has to offer.   the long series format just HAS to be a better format for telling a meaningful story in this universe.   it's a space soap opera where nothing can be even half way explored as they try to fit into a 90 minute format so every scene is highly abbreviated, characters are shallow, and story line takes abrupt unjustified transitions.   

in the new movies one of the things to be annoyed about is how rey went from a nobody to a fudgy jedi juggernaut without anything in between.   well guess what,.. so did luke.   

also, i'm fudgy tired of death stars.  if you can't come up with something other than a death star just don't make another star wars movie.

Avatar is better than starwars. Its not a 1:1 comparison. My point is, avatar blew up because it was something we never seen before visually, (specially with 3d). Starwars blue up because it was something completely new and unseen before in the 70s.

Avatar had a decent/average story. It wasn't bad.
...it was kind of bad.    beautiful movie but the story was derivative at best.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens