The challenge to make Gamepass work

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, May 10, 2022, 11:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

How often do people play games? The hardcore gamers put in a couple hours every day but what about the millions needed to make gamepass worth it? I think I average 2 hours a week which I imagine is on the lower end.

Also not every game needs to be gow level. I think AAA every 6 months would be enough, as long as ratchets, miles, and demons souls are released regularly.
that's the main point as to why i think gamepass is unsustainable or at the very least why i think it will never reach 80 million + subscribers.    

the average games per generation is like 7.   that includes whales like me that have libraries that are in the dozens to hundreds.   the average person in my friends list logs into their playstation about once per month.    how the hell does MS think the average person is going to be willing to pay for a $180 subscription for access to hundreds of games when they play less than 1 game per year?!?!

that's why i think gamepass is sooo unsustainable.   the "whales" love it because it can save them lots of money vs. buying games.   ...but there just aren't enough "whales" to sustain the subscription base.   with F2P games and library rental and mobile and such there are cheaper ways to game then gamepass.   ...but gamepasses main competitors are "being a parent" and "going to the game" and "going out to dinner" and "TV" and "fixing that dang leaky sink again" and all the other things in life that keep most people from playing "52 games: 1 year"

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens