The Talos Principle II OT

Started by Legend, Oct 07, 2023, 08:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

There is a driller hidden in the open world. I spent literal hours searching for it  ::)

Spoiler for Hidden:

I did the exact same thing, even making sure to use the utopian bridge side. I really didn't expect the game to be so positive in the end. The story and world are what make it a 10/10 for me.

For me at least the Goal was so silly from the beginning and it felt like the game respected that. I just wish I could have confronted someone about how reaching robot 1k and having 1,000 citizens are completely different things, since plenty of robots had died.

Now I have to go and find the drill lol.

Spoiler for Hidden:
At the start I thought the story was going to be a bit too preachy but it developed beautifully. And  It didn't even cross my mind that Miranda could be saved until about 3 or 4 puzzles deep into the golden gates. Cornelius said something like "we gave so much to the universe, I wasn't going to let them take that away from me to".

With the puzzles being too easy, it could be because we are Talos vets. Or they were to cautious about making the game too hard. I presume when you're involved in making the game, it's hard to gauge how hard the game is, but then again, that's what playtesters are for, right?

Legend

Now I have to go and find the drill lol.

Spoiler for Hidden:
At the start I thought the story was going to be a bit too preachy but it developed beautifully. And  It didn't even cross my mind that Miranda could be saved until about 3 or 4 puzzles deep into the golden gates. Cornelius said something like "we gave so much to the universe, I wasn't going to let them take that away from me to".

With the puzzles being too easy, it could be because we are Talos vets. Or they were to cautious about making the game too hard. I presume when you're involved in making the game, it's hard to gauge how hard the game is, but then again, that's what playtesters are for, right?
How did you solve it?

It was cool I watched a bit of a playthrough and the person has a very different world view than me, but he liked Byron just as much as I did.

They probably made the game a bit easy just because it's so much better than having a game that's a bit too hard. Maybe it'll get harder dlc.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The star teaser sure is teasing something!<br>

SWORDF1SH

How did you solve it?

It was cool I watched a bit of a playthrough and the person has a very different world view than me, but he liked Byron just as much as I did.

They probably made the game a bit easy just because it's so much better than having a game that's a bit too hard. Maybe it'll get harder dlc.

Spoiler for Hidden:

The star teaser sure is teasing something!

In the end I really liked all the main characters, even Cornelius, but Byron is by far my favourite. In Road to Gehenna, the founders communicated through the computer system and I'm pretty sure I found Byron annoying lol. I'll have to replay it again to see if it was him.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I solved it by breaking out an activators from the same puzzle room that you beam a laser out of with a connector to the &quot;laser links&quot; going towards Pandora. I put the activator on a box next to the front wall. I then climbed up onto the rocks on the outside and dropped onto the front wall and then grabbed the activator. Come to think of the it, I didn&#39;t even use a driller

SWORDF1SH

A short spoiler free review that reflect our thoughts about the puzzles.

SWORDF1SH

Found that driller in W2, legend.  I also noticed that you can more easily get to places you aren't supposed to or cheat getting the sigil in later levels by spamming jump on a certain type of rock race. Earlier levels you would just slide of similar types of rock faces.  
I have 1 artifact to find and 4 sparks to find to properly 100% but not sure if I will put to much effort into it yet.

Legend

A short spoiler free review that reflect our thoughts about the puzzles.

I watched and liked that review back when I finished.

I love the grand scale of TTP2 and its sense of adventure. It's one of my favorite games but without all that extra meat, it is far from one of my favorite puzzle games.

kitler53

had a "me day" on Friday so I finally got back into the calisto protocol.   it was the game I started at Halloween and I haven't played since October. 

... decided I didn't like it enough.  deleted it.  finally download talos principal instead.  looking forward to January when I can finally start it. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

SWORDF1SH

A big update. Out of all the changes and fixes, I like the addition of water ripples  ;D That was the biggest downgrade from the first game. Shame I've already completed it now :'(

Visual changes:
Added AMD FSR 3 (with Frame Generation).
Added water ripples.
Added extra decorations to the Lost Labs areas.
Added visual effect for locked elevator beam.
Toned down sky occlusion on some levels to avoid shimmering of DFAO effect and adjusted non-Lumen color to better match Lumen.
Reduced performance degradation when moving.
Fixed some of the ghost audio logs using incorrect models.
Fixed incorrect numbers on some of the character appearances in Photomode.
Fixed incorrect lighting on supported integrated GPUs from AMD.
Fixed the issue where Laser Beams were affecting the background when using TSR upscaling and Lumen.
Fixed a lot of instances where light was abruptly changing when not using Lumen.
Fixed a lot of shadow and AO artifacts both in Lumen and Non-Lumen configurations.
Fixed a lot of instances of premature Landscape LODing when using extreme FOV values.
Fixed a lot of instances of inconsistent pop-in of far-away structures across all levels.
Fixed "crazy-swaying" trees and grass across all levels.
Fixed visual issues with volumetric fog in the Prometheus Sequence level when GI quality is set to ultra.
Fixed an issue where long triangles on certain meshes were sometimes not rendered on AMD cards.
Various minor environment visual fixes related to crumbs, foliage distribution, missing terrain and holes in cliffs

Gameplay:
Players can now sprint when moving backwards.
Left mouse button can now consistently be used to interact with objects.
A player is no longer required to press the Use button to use the elevator beam, instead it triggers automatically upon entering.
Dialogue options can now be navigated with keyboard arrows.
Most menus can now be closed by clicking the right mouse button.
Improved Guided Jump reliability.
Posters in the Chamber of the First Companions now display translatable text when aimed.
Most of the travel sequences are now skippable as long as story events related to those travel sequences have been experienced at least once (e.g. in another playthrough).
Increased the number of last stored Dialogue Logs from 10 to 20.
Added a slider that controls the Photomode window's opacity.
Added HUD hints when using the Gravshifter.
Fixed the bug where third-person animations and camera were not working correctly after using Fast Travel.
Fixed the issue where photomode would sometimes be invoked with the field of view being set to zero and impossible to change.
Fixed the issue where the objectives panel would appear in a puzzle if the player restarts checkpoint while being inside one.
Fixed the issue where the character rotation slider in Photomode was not accounting for changed gravity.
Fixed an issue where using keyboard or gamepad to navigate in settings menu would not play respective sounds.
Fixed QR codes in the museum being readable from the backside of their panels.
Fixed the bug where the player could softlock themselves by falling out of the elevator with the help of the Photomode.

Options:
Added controller vibration (can be switched off in Controls settings).
Terminal font size option will now affect content in palm reader terminals.
Photomode inputs can now be remapped.
Sprint toggle option now behaves as sprint lock.
Added "Player Speed" setting. Does not affect sprint speed.
Added a setting to switch audio output devices.
Added a setting to change the third person camera's relative position behind the player.
Added a setting that allows instantly teleporting to a gravity surface, instead of smoothly transitioning to it.
Added a setting to switch camera behavior when transferring to another body.
Added a setting to change subtitles size.
Added a setting to change compass size.
Added a setting to toggle developer console.
Added video previews for motion sickness settings and image previews for color blindness settings.
Enabled ambient occlusion in high GI quality preset.
Improved accuracy of auto-detection of GPU performance.
Limited texture and shadow quality options based on graphics card video memory size.
Fixed the bug where Video Settings auto-detect would set upscaling method and/or preset incorrectly.
Fixed an issue with sRGB gamma setting not saving between game sessions.

Puzzles
Moved S3 Sphinx puzzle element to the correct location as indicated by the map.
Improved S3 Pandora secret setup.
Fixed a number of easy exploits where the player could enter a puzzle in an unintended way and/or finish the puzzle without solving it.
Fixed a number of errors related to collisions and item placements inside puzzles which were making puzzles too hard/too easy when encountered.
Fixed the bug where Avatar monuments statues didn't have proper collision, which enabled the player to target Pandora receiver from any position.
Fixed the bug where some metal fence doors wouldn't stay open in solved puzzles after restarting the game or checkpoint.
It is no longer possible to connect devices through one side of the plasma door which had collisions set up improperly.
In E2 "Loop" puzzle it is no longer possible to place drill hole and place it on pressure plate
In N2-5 puzzle it is now possible to turn off the fan instead of jumping into it to remove the cube from bouncing fans.
It is no longer possible to connect to the emitter in puzzle N2-1 from N2-3.
It should no longer be possible to connect to blue receivers before plasma doors are open on the N2-Lost1 "Field of View" puzzle.
S2-Gold "Out of the box" cannot be cheesed by putting a gravity beam over the plasma door and jumping into it anymore.
In W1-2 It is no longer possible to place the Connector on top of the Rail Drone + Cube using a metal beam which the player could climb on.
It is no longer possible to cheese E2-Gold puzzle by simply putting Connector onto the cube.

Other:
Changed shader compression algorithm to eliminate crashes on certain system configurations.
Reworked audio engine for better surround support.
Added progress bar for shaders precaching.
Added benchmark.

kitler53

love to see the font size options.   was very disappointed to increase the size only to find most text in the game remains tiny. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

3rd person and fast travel? Didn't notice those options in the game.

love to see the font size options.   was very disappointed to increase the size only to find most text in the game remains tiny.
Pretty funny how common it is for games to have bad text scaling.

Go Up