Nintendo's Next Console: Q1 or 2H 2024

Started by kitler53, Jul 09, 2023, 01:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Wait,.. so no update until march now?

haven't checked era yet but i have to imagine "even lying to us about when we'll be updated" is totally going go over well….
Wrong thread lol?

the-pi-guy

Wait,.. so no update until march now?

haven't checked era yet but i have to imagine "even lying to us about when we'll be updated" is totally going go over well….
This is for Switch 2....

Legend

You'll be shocked to find out my name isn't Pi.
Kinda obvious that Pi is only your middle name. :P

kitler53

lol, you guys are right.   my head was in the wrong thread.   xD

this could be really really good timing for nintendo.    announce a new system right as xbox potentially collapses.   if nintendo managed to make a system that 3rd parties can manage to port too i think nintendo will be a HUGE winner.    ...moreso than sony.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

NateDrake

Back-compat is present to partners & testing is underway.

The major unknown seems to be the extent any such enhancements may provide.
journalist

"One of the topics of greatest doubt among current Nintendo consumers and even enthusiasts curious about their next hardware is the question of compatibility with current Nintendo Switch games on this new console.

Awaited as a potential 2024 release by Nintendo, the next system could come with the encouraging news that it will feature this physical (in cartridges) and digital backward compatibility not only available to players and producers -- but would also allow developers to study improvements for the current titles in the Nintendo Switch library.

This information was shared by PH Brazil during the most recent episode of the podcast for the Pokémon franchise as traditionally happens every year.

PH Brazil is currently a content creator and also a games journalist who has already brought a lot of information about Nintendo's or partners' movements in advance and with precision in the past. Taking its history into account, there is a high chance that this information will become fact when the console is announced.

the-pi-guy

Sounds like full bc is a lock.

kitler53

Personally never doubted it with digital.   Physical could have been dropped if a new format is being used but if they stick with SD it should be there.  

Will wait for Nintendo to confirm but this is all i needed to know for switch 2. 

Legend

BC seems really likely. Every system has supported it except gamecube and switch.

I wonder if the system will have a gimmick, or if it'll really just be a steamdeck copy.

the-pi-guy

Getting pushed back to 2025.

Eurogamer

Eurogamer has heard similar whispers from industry sources this week, though has not been able to concretely substantiate them. Nintendo Switch 2 had previously been widely tipped to arrive later this year. But a move to the other side of Christmas into early 2025 would mean more time now for the console's launch line-up to be readied, while keeping its launch within the next financial calendar.

Legend

Lame, I wanted a reveal soon!

kitler53

my son will not be happy.  

by the time switch 2 arrives he may have just aged out of the console.  

Dr. Pezus

Feb 16, 2024, 08:18 PM Last Edit: Feb 16, 2024, 08:21 PM by Dr. Pezus
I called it

I think q4 2024 or q1 2025

the-pi-guy

Getting pushed back to 2025.

Eurogamer

New rumors say the reveal has been pushed back from March to June.

Legend

That's not so bad

kitler53

makes sense to me if the console launch itself was pushed back.   it does not make sense to announce too early.

Go Up