NWR: Could a Switch VR-Related Announcement Be Approaching (Rumor)?

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 16, 2019, 10:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

NWR: Could a Switch VR-Related Announcement Be Approaching (Rumor)? | ResetEra

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/49747/could-a-vr-related-switch-announcement-be-approaching

Nintendo World Report believes that Nintendo could make its first VR-related announcement as early as this year, according to multiple sources. We also believe that a small, select number of traditional first-party software titles may receive VR support in the not-so-distant future. While this news may surprise some, Switch's VR capabilities have been public knowledge for quite some time. Last year, CNET reported that data miners had discovered a screen-splitting "VR mode" hidden within Switch's system firmware.  Click to expand...  Please click the link for full details, well worth a read. Courtesy of our very own Emily !  
[/size]

Legend

I doubt it. The switch console is way too heavy and large to work well as an insert in a headset like gear vr. As such, the headset would need to be its own thing either like PSVR or like Oculus Go. Plus joycons wouldn't work for VR since they have no tracking system.

It just doesn't seem like that would fit with Nintendo's current goals. Either the device is powered by switch and is hindered by cords or it is separate and can't build off the Switch's momentum.

kitler53

I doubt it. The switch console is way too heavy and large to work well as an insert in a headset like gear vr. As such, the headset would need to be its own thing either like PSVR or like Oculus Go. Plus joycons wouldn't work for VR since they have no tracking system.

It just doesn't seem like that would fit with Nintendo's current goals. Either the device is powered by switch and is hindered by cords or it is separate and can't build off the Switch's momentum.
while i agree with your argument,..

....nintendo loves to make peipherals for their systems and so far switch only has labo. despite the weight and low resolution and low frame rate, i wouldn't be surprised to see a cheap headset to holster the switch. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens