Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Xevross, Oct 26, 2018, 08:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Oct 26, 2018, 08:51 PM Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018, 03:47 PM by Xevross

Welcome to the discussion thread, where you can talk about all things Red Dead Redemption 2! Please spoiler tag any story, mission or stranger event based discussion.

Legend

Controls are definitely still complete dog. I've already accidentally knocked myself off my horse, run people over, barged doors open way too much. Why can't they just have instant stopping like every other game, its just so much smoother.
Gotta show off their fancy Euphoria tech.

Xevross

Oct 26, 2018, 09:25 PM Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018, 03:49 PM by Xevross
After 6 or 7 hours I'm getting pretty certain reviewers have gone R* crazy again and this just isn't a 97.

Edit: I still think its an amazing game it just has a lot of flaws and I can't believe so many reviewers just overlooked them and gave 10s

Xevross

I can't think of a game where I've disliked horseback riding anywhere close to this much.

the-pi-guy

After 6 or 7 hours I'm getting pretty certain reviewers have gone R* crazy again and this just isn't a 97.
That's a shame.  

Xevross

That's a shame.  
I know, I really wanted to love this but man it feels like its trying to piss me off at every opportunity. I get that they've gone for realism but a lot of the time shame is just tedious and time consuming for no reason. First few hours I was thinking it might be able to live up to a 97 but right now I'm questioning if it should even be 90+. Hopefully once I get used to everything I'll start to warm up to it again.

DD_Bwest

it was a slow start, but things are picking up.   i can see what zev is saying about the tediousness of the realism.  but also the first time i crashed into a tree causing me to fly off my horse i laughed my dog off

BananaKing

Guys if you wanna talk about the game make a sepesepa thread. Let's keep this one about the reviews. I'm honestly avoiding pretty much everything.

However I have one question, I heard HDR is having issues? Is that true or does it work well?

Xevross

it was a slow start, but things are picking up.   i can see what zev is saying about the tediousness of the realism.  but also the first time i crashed into a tree causing me to fly off my horse i laughed my dog off
I also laughed my dog off the first time but every time it happens now I get more and more annoyed, because of how long and how many resources you have to waste to recover.

And it keeps happening because of the stupid momentum based controls.

Guys if you wanna talk about the game make a sepesepa thread. Let's keep this one about the reviews. I'm honestly avoiding pretty much everything.

However I have one question, I heard HDR is having issues? Is that true or does it work well?
Sure, can a mod merge the discussion into a new thread?

I've seen loads of people complaining about it on every platform, most say it's better with HDR off.

Xevross

Saw an option to switch horse controls to horse relative instead of camera relative and god dang is that so much better. Haven't had any problems since. fudge knows why anyone would want camera relative movement, I don't get why its default but eh, whatever. Wish I'd seen that sooner, horseback riding feels so much better now. I'm not constantly crashing into things!

Xevross

This is awesome.

Spoiler for chapter 3 mission talk:
<br>Started what&#39;s basically a Romeo and Juliet story of missions, thinking oh dear here we go with the cliches. However its turned into a whole thing with suffragette movement which is actually pretty cool.

The missions in this game certainly are top notch.

Kerotan

Edit: I still think its an amazing game it just has a lot of flaws and I can't believe so many reviewers just overlooked them and gave 10s
Some things are certain in life. Death, taxes and reviewers jizzing themselves over Nintendo and Rockstar games. So many things they are willing to overlook but if a Microsoft or Sony game did them they'd be penalised for it.

Xevross

Saw this on reddit, revolver description.

Xevross

So most things I didn't like as much I've now gotten used to or overcome. Game keeps on getting better as well. Feeling much more positive now, and loving my time with the game.

Xevross

shame a brick! Story is getting really good.

Go Up