Insider batting averages!

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2015, 08:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

He had info about SF6 troubles and Ono being a problem a few days before that news broke.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

]Dusk Golem: "PS5 Event first half of September; Silent Hill is still in dev.; Monster Hunter Switch to be revealed soon" and more Rumor | ResetEra

So it's finally happening. Hopefully next week

Xevross

Dusk's sources apparently saying PS5 is 60000-70000 Yen.

Legend

Dusk's sources apparently saying PS5 is 60000-70000 Yen.
Got a link?

And does yen still translate to $600-$700 for consoles?

Xevross

Got a link?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot13-the-one-with-the-price-and-release-date-maybe-%C2%AF-_-%E3%83%84-_-%C2%AF.282041/post-44720750

My actual suspicion is $549 USD, as was quoted here and can see the discussion. The range shared I've heard is 60,000 - 70,000 yen, which precisely in USD something like $565 USD to $660 USD. However, I suspect they'll go for $549 in USD and maybe to compete will go lower.

I don't know the final price, I don't know how this exactly will translated to USD, but I also know the yen ballpark I know isn't battleship. If they go for $499 USD, then great. But I'm placing my bets on $549 USD and I don't think they can go lower than $500 really from what I've heard.

kitler53

Got a link?

according to google:

60,000 Japanese Yen equals
565.90 United States Dollar

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

...and i don't buy that ps5 is more expensive than series x.   that's battleship.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

...and i don't buy that ps5 is more expensive than series x.   that's battleship.
Yeah, his sources wouldn't know any final price. He's probably heard some secondary estimate.

the-pi-guy

Someone on Reddit put together a list or 18 rumored/upcoming games, with evidence/"insider" comments.

An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab : PS5

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab<br>Speculation<br>Arrowhead Game Studios (Magicka, Gauntlet, Helldivers)<br><br>Testament<br><br>In 2016, Arrowhead started to work on their first ever AAA game - a project that would require not only the attention of the entire team, but also to grow the studio way beyond the 35 employees that worked on Arrowhead around that time. That&#39;s why in 2017 they moved into a bigger office where they could accommodate all of their staff - both old and new.<br><br>Then in 2018, Arrowhead&#39;s co-founder stated in an interview that they were making a third-person game this time around and, due to the change in perspective, moving the focus from local co-op to making it purely online co-op. Friendly fire is confirmed to be making a return.<br><br>In early 2019, some Arrowhead developers were spotted at GDC wearing jackets with a &quot;Testament Dev Team&quot; written in the back. While recapping 2019, it was stated on the Arrowhead website that they had made a &quot;butt-ton of progress&quot; on the game and that by the end of the year the studio had already grown to roughly 60 people.<br><br>Bend Studio (Siphon Filter, Days Gone)<br><br>Days Gone<br><br>Days Gone ends on a cliffhanger, but so did The Order 1886 and, well, we all know how that ended up - so let&#39;s delve a bit deeper into why Days Gone 2 will be a thing.<br><br>In 2019, a couple of weeks before the game&#39;s launch, a Sony PR guy said that Days Gone was seen as a &quot;franchise&quot; in Sony&#39;s eyes, stating that &quot;the goal is always to make a game that people love and want more of&quot;. One month later, the game came out and delivered some surprisingly solid numbers not only at launch but also throughout the year, thanks to the good word-of-mouth it had amongst the community.<br><br>According to snort_cannon, the success of the game came as a surprise even to Sony, who was expecting Days Gone to be the disappointment and Death Stranding being the one doing crazy numbers.<br><br>Later that year, Bend Studio managing director Chris Reese kind of teased that a sequel was in the works when asked about it during an interview: &quot;This is a world that we want to keep breathing more life into, and explore many, many different avenues. So who knows, we&#39;ll see!&quot;<br><br>Bluepoint Games (Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon&#39;s Souls)<br><br>Bloodborne Remastered<br><br>In May 2020, NeoGAF user Celine.D.Sykes - who previously discussed this project in February 2019 on the ResetEra forums - talked about the Bloodborne remaster in greater detail: &quot;During my time on ResetEra, I only knew that From Software wanted Bloodborne to release on PC. Unfortunately, a PC port would need a lot of work […] and reworking Bloodborne&#39;s engine would take a great amount of work. The game logic is tied to framerate, among many other baffling decisions. The last time From Software tried to change the inner logic of an engine; it resulted in the infamous PC port of the first Dark Souls.&quot;<br><br>&quot;Making a long story short, Sony said they were interested in a potential Bloodborne remaster for PS5, with a lot more work done, like some QoL added and some cut-content being introduced. Both From Software and Sony agreed to not just up the resolution and the framerate, but to make something great. FromSoftware has been authorized to release the game on PC, but only some months after the remaster hits PS5.&quot;<br><br>&quot;Last time I heard about it, Bloodborne remaster would be part of PS5 line-up, but I don&#39;t quite believe it since I think the spotlight will be stolen by another similar title [Demon&#39;s Souls] that should be announced in June. I think they might save the Bloodborne remaster for some months after PS5 release, but I could be wrong about that particular point.&quot;<br><br>According to another report by a different source, the game is being developed by both QLOC - the studio behind 2018&#39;s Dark Souls: Remastered - and Bluepoint Games. Now that Demon&#39;s Souls is out and considering how far along Bloodborne Remastered has been reported to be, I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if it is currently planned to be revealed at The Game Awards.<br><br>Unannounced<br><br>On November 20th 2020, in response to a user who claimed that the rumored Bluepoint acquisition by Sony would be very boring as far as hype goes, KatharsisT said: &quot;If you knew what Bluepoint is on at the moment, you wouldn&#39;t say that (Yeah, it&#39;s a hype post [and] you&#39;ll have to wait to know what it is)&quot;. Shortly after that, a mod stepped in to say that &quot;KatharsisT has shown sufficient evidence to support this claim.&quot;<br><br>A couple of posts later, MarsipanRumpan - the guy behind the Bluepoint acquisition rumor - also backed the statements made by KatharsisT &quot;I'm totally on your side. Talked with my source, I think we have the same info regarding their next remake. People who aren't hyped for Bluepoint don't know what their next project is as you said. Because that shame is [mindblowing].&quot;<br><br>Regarding the rumors of a Metal Gear Solid remake, all I&#39;m gonna say is: don&#39;t listen to what Moore&#39;s Law is Dead and other youtubers are saying, it is all battleship; but at the same time don&#39;t lose faith, as chances of Bluepoint&#39;s next remake being MGS are high, considering how it seems they&#39;re working on a bigger and more prestigious title than Demon&#39;s Souls and also the good relationship Sony currently has with Konami.<br><br>From Software (Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Deráciné)<br><br>Unannounced<br><br>A couple of weeks ago, MarsipanRumpan - the guy who recently reported about Bluepoint&#39;s acquisition on ResetEra - said that he has heard that Sony is in talks with From Software regarding the making of a new PS5 exclusive directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. This would be the third game From has currently in their pipeline, with Elden Ring and a new Armored Core being the other two.<br><br>MarsipanRumpan also clarified that it will be a while before we see this new game in motion anyway.<br><br>Guerrilla Games (Killzone, Horizon)<br><br>Unannounced<br><br>In February 2018, Simon Larouche - former multiplayer designer on Killzone 2, R6 Patriots and Splinter Cell: Blacklist, as well as game director on R6 Siege - joins Guerrilla as game director, starting to work on an unannounced project completely unrelated to the Horizon sequel (now known as Forbidden West), which was also in development at the time. Then in July, Hermen Hulst announced plans for Guerrilla to move into a new, bigger office where they could expand their staff count from 250 to 400 people, allowing them to make games faster and release a new title every two to three years.<br><br>In October 2018, Chris Lee - former multiplayer designer on several SOCOM titles at Slant Six Games and on Ubisoft&#39;s R6 Siege - joins Guerrilla as principal game designer on Larouche&#39;s project. Apart from the fact that Lee&#39;s hiring makes it pretty clear that Guerrilla&#39;s second team is working on a shooter game of some sorts, it&#39;s worth pointing out that Lee lists &quot;cooperative and competitive multiplayer, open world systemic gameplay and online social experiences&quot; as his current interests on his LinkedIn profile - with the open world bit being especially interesting as it was also mentioned in certain job listings for the project in 2019.<br><br>In August 2020, Guerrilla finally moved to their new office, which means the studio is now ready to begin large-scale recruiting on its second project once they see it fit - although I don&#39;t expect to hear about this project until after the release of Forbidden West in the second half of 2021.<br><br>Insomniac Games (Resistance, Ratchet &amp; Clank, Marvel&#39;s Spider-Man)<br><br>Marvel&#39;s Spider-Man 2<br><br>The recently released Marvel&#39;s Spider-Man Miles Morales entered development in May 2018 under the direction of Brian Horton, while Bryan Intihar was finishing up his work on the original Marvel&#39;s Spider-Man, which came out in September of that year. So right after wrapping up the first game and with Miles Morales in the hands of a separate team, Intihar started preparing the next main entry in the series as teased in January 2019 when he posted on Twitter &quot;Few things are more nerve-wracking than sharing your first story draft to others.&quot;<br><br>Japan Studio (Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, Astro)<br><br>RaySpace<br><br>Sometime in spring 2014, a couple of weeks before E3, Reddit user Ruin4r leaked a number of titles in development exclusively for PS4, including a new God of War, The Last Guardian, a The Last Of Us sequel, Dead Don&#39;t Ride (later confirmed to be Days Gone&#39;s codename) and an &quot;unnamed space game&quot; - which by the way wasn&#39;t Santa Monica Studio&#39;s cancelled new IP for PS4, as that project was axed earlier that year.<br><br>A year later, Shuhei Yoshida stated in an interview at E3 2015 that &quot;Japan Studio is now producing a really great project that I&#39;m really excited about&quot; - which also wasn&#39;t Gravity Rush 2, as that title was referenced as a different project later in the interview.<br><br>In April 2016, Ruin4r said that all the games previously teased by him were still in development and clarified that many of them - God of War, TLOU2, Days Gone and the &quot;unnamed space game&quot; - were in early stages when he first talked about them.<br><br>Then on June 6th 2016, during a livestream in celebration of Famitsu&#39;s 30th Anniversary, SIE&#39;s Yasuhiro Kitao teased a a new title to Famitsu&#39;s editor-in-chief Katsuhio Hayashi by letting him read some text from his tablet, as Kitao didn&#39;t have any images to show. Hayashi was blown away by whatever thing he read and stated that &quot;this will definitely be worth waiting for.&quot;<br><br>In December 2017, SIE trademarked &quot;RaySpace&quot; in Canada - which most probably was the final title for the &quot;unnamed space game&quot; mentioned by Ruin4r. That same month, Japan Studio&#39;s award-winning creative director Tsutomu Kouno stated in an interview &quot;I have not been able to announce a new title in a long time, but in 2018, I would like to announce what I am preparing&quot;. Japan Studio producer Teruyuki Toriyama - who has been teasing this project since 2015, describing it in multiple occasions as an &quot;ambitious title&quot; - also promised an announcement in 2018.<br><br>Sometime in 2018, an interview to a Japan Studio employee was posted on the SIE website; in it there was an image that contained shots of two upcoming games in the background: the Demon&#39;s Souls remake (top right corner) and some sort of sci-fi first-person game.<br><br>But 2018 went by without any sort of reveal regarding this project and in December, Toriyama once again teased an announcement for the coming year &quot;In 2019, we are preparing for the debut of unannounced title(s) currently in production&quot;. It is worth noting that Japan Studio didn&#39;t reveal any new games in 2019.<br><br>I doubt that RaySpace was cancelled, as you don&#39;t pull the plug on a project that has been in the works for four or five years and was so close to being revealed. So what I believe is that they decided to move it to PlayStation 5 - just like they did with other projects such as Sackboy: A Big Adventure or Horizon: Forbidden West - and maybe even bring it back to the drawing table a little - which would explain why we haven&#39;t seen it this year during the PS5 reveal events.<br><br>Silent Hill<br><br>In 2018, Konami reached out to various developers to pitch ideas for two Silent Hill games: one a soft-reboot of the franchise; the other an episodic Telltale/Until Dawn-style game to go alongside the reboot. In fact, one of the studios contacted by Konami was Supermassive Games, creators of Until Dawn, although they ultimately didn&#39;t get the job.<br><br>Japan Studio&#39;s creative director Keiichiro Toyama, who had been wanting to work on a new horror game for quite some time, was developing a new entry in the Siren franchise at the time. Sony, who weren&#39;t fully keen on the idea of investing on a niche series such as Siren, decided to pull the plug on the project as they started negotiating a deal with Konami for getting Japan Studio to work on the Silent Hill soft-reboot - a prestige project for the PS5 lineup based on a globally renowned IP, something that would allow Toyama to have a bigger budget and more resources at his disposal.<br><br>Eventually the deal would get finalized, putting Sony Interactive Entertainment in charge of developing, funding and publishing the title in exchange for keeping the exclusive and most of the revenue, with Konami being indirectly involved by outsourcing the IP against an 8% of the revenue. And that way, the game entered development in early 2019, salvaging as much from the technological work done for the Siren game as possible.<br><br>At some point in 2019, an interview to a Japan Studio employee posted on the SIE website showed a developer working on a handgun model - something that, if we consider the other projects Japan Studio has in the pipeline, would only align with Silent Hill.<br><br>On January 21st 2020, Rely on Horror reported that they&#39;ve heard from a source of their own that a new Silent Hill game was in development. A day later, movie industry insider Emre Kaya posted on Twitter that he has learned that Sony is working on a new horror game for PS5.<br><br>On March 12th 2020, Rely on Horror stated that Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka and creature designer Masahiro Ito are returning alongside the series creator Keiichiro Toyama to helm a soft-reboot of the franchise developed by Japan Studio, just called Silent Hill. Both of their sources mentioned Sony as the driving force behind bringing the series back. That same day, Emre Kaya said on Twitter that this was the Sony horror game that he talked about back in January.<br><br>In April 2020, ResetEra user KatharsisT backed Rely on Horror&#39;s information regarding the Silent Hill soft-reboot and confirmed a third-person perspective and that the game was playable already. She also said that it is planned to be announced before PS5&#39;s launch, with a release in spring 2021 - although these reveal and release windows were from before COVID started to fudge up their schedule. Shortly after, a mod stepped into the discussion to state that they&#39;ve verified her information on the subject.<br><br>In May 2020, Reddit user snort_cannon, who had already discussed the game months ago, said that &quot;the game was planned on being shown off this summer. Unless something bad happens, it should happen. The plan at first was just to do a CG trailer to announce that the game exists, but I personally think at this point [they] might delay the reveal and add some gameplay footage as well&quot;. When asked about his sources, he answered &quot;Same source that told me about the Sony deal, albeit last update came in early February and COVID didn't rampage as hard as it's going now.&quot;<br><br>On August 3rd 2020, ResetEra user Navtra, who leaked a list of games that went on to be present on both PS5 events days in advance to June&#39;s The Future of Gaming, commented on the Silent Hill rumors &quot;I can only confirm one thing: it was never on the table for June&#39;s event. FFXVI and Marvel&#39;s Avengers Spider-Man character announcement were among other things that were supposed to be there and were moved last minute. Silent Hill never was&quot;. If we look at both KatharsisT and snort_cannon&#39;s comments in regards to the reveal window for the game after having learned this, it becomes clear that the reveal was initially planned for the second PS5 event, that being September&#39;s PS5 Showcase - an event that the game missed because of delays in production related to the COVID pandemic.<br><br>On October 31st 2020, KatharsisT stated that something had just made her expect a reveal at The Game Awards. A couple of days later, Rely on Horror reported that recent rumors of a Silent Hill announcement at The Game Awards line up with some information they received a while back but choose not to report on.<br><br>On November 21st 2020, KatharsisT once again teased a Silent Hill reveal at The Game Awards &quot;You&#39;ll celebrate it before the end of the year if everything goes as planned&quot; while also stating that she thinks the game is still planned for 2021.<br><br>London Studio (The Getaway, PlayStation VR Worlds, Blood &amp; Truth)<br><br>Horizon VR<br><br>On October 2019, VR consultant Callum Hurley posted on Twitter that he had learned about an &quot;exciting new PlayStation VR game coming out of London Studio&quot; through someone who had just playtested the title. He also vaguely implied it was a Horizon VR game and, when news outlets started to report on his tweets, he apologized to the development team as he didn&#39;t expect such coverage.<br><br>Same as the unannounced VR titles from Supermassive Games, I do expect this Horizon VR game to be a cross-gen release sometime next year.<br><br>MediaVision (Wild Arms, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Chronicles 4)<br><br>Wild Arms<br><br>In July 2018, we&#39;ve learned thanks to a job listing that MediaVision was working on a new PlayStation 4 RPG. It is worth noting that a year earlier Sony stated that, even though their investments have been mainly focused on titles aimed to a global audience do to the soaring in development costs, the success of recent titles such as Persona 5 or Nier Automata amongst overseas audiences has made them consider a return to first-party JRPG development.<br><br>Then in June 2019, DasVergeben posted on Reddit &quot;Something I have heard for a while now is that a new Wild Arms game is in development but it has been over a year long journey getting that verified. I still struggle to get definite enough confirmation but I think it might have been because I heard about it too early&quot;. In a separate post, Vergeben added &quot;I don&#39;t know much other than that it apparently is in development by Media Vision for PS4. I haven&#39;t been told anything specific yet at least. I do wonder if Sony might try and shift over to push it as a PS5 launch game or something if they don&#39;t reveal it this year [...] but that&#39;s simply speculation on my behalf.&quot;<br><br>At this point I expect the game to be a cross-gen release, as it wouldn&#39;t make sense to leave the PS4 users behind with a title that surely won&#39;t be a technological showcase unlike native PS5 games such as Ratchet &amp; Clank: Rift Apart.<br><br>Naughty Dog (Uncharted, The Last Of Us)<br><br>The Last Of Us: Factions<br><br>On September 26th 2019, Naughty Dog posted a statement on Twitter in which they basically announced that the multiplayer mode they had planned for The Last Of Us: Part II had grown beyond an additional mode that could be included alongside the game&#39;s enormous singleplayer campaign, so they decided to turn it into a standalone game in order to not compromise on the ambitions of the studio&#39;s multiplayer team.<br><br>Then in April 2020, a short gameplay clip from a March 2018 build of the multiplayer leaked online as part of a bigger leak that revealed tons of story spoilers and cutscenes from The Last Of Us: Part II. Assuming that this TLOU multiplayer game is planned for a release on both PS4 and PS5 sometime next year, we would be in front of a title with over four years of overall dev time - meaning that the project might be greater in scope than what most of us are expecting it to be.<br><br>Unannounced<br><br>On October 10th 2018, movie industry insider Daniel Ritchman reported that Naughty Dog was in the process of casting an actor to play the lead role on an upcoming game. According to the casting description, the studio was looking for a &quot;Black/African American male, 40s to 60s, short to medium length hair, with a body type similar to those in the images below, strong but not chiseled&quot;. But since this doesn&#39;t tell us much about the game, apart from hinting at it being a new IP, let&#39;s go a little back in time in search of more potential details.<br><br>During the The Last Of Us: Part II panel at PSX 2017, Neil Druckmann stated that Naughty Dog will &quot;forever continue to make singleplayer, linear, narrative-based games&quot;. He also mentioned during an interview from February 2018 that the studio was totally open to make a first-person game in the future - and, since they seem to be making a new IP, this new project might be the perfect time for them to try a different camera angle in their games.<br><br>New San Diego Studio<br><br>Unannounced<br><br>In April 2018, David Hall - former Double Helix/Amazon Game Studios - joins an unnamed SIE studio in San Diego as game director on an unannounced title. Since then, rumors about a new Sony first-party studio have been circulating due to a job listing - also from April - in which it was stated that &quot;PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group&quot; to work on a &quot;high visibility project&quot; described as a third-person action/adventure game &quot;developed in collaboration with a major Sony studio.&quot;<br><br>A month later, Quentin Cobb - former singleplayer/multiplayer designer at Naughty Dog on the Uncharted series and The Last Of Us - also joins this new studio in San Diego and in December a new job listing mentions that the team was looking for a lead character artist to work on &quot;the next chapter of cinematic storytelling.&quot;<br><br>In January 2019, James Martinchek - former cutscene/gameplay animator on The Last Of Us, Uncharted 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 - joins the studio as a lead gameplay animator. Also in January, Cobb was asked on Twitter why he couldn&#39;t even reveal what studio he was working for, to what he replied that &quot;it is difficult to explain why&quot; - further reinforcing the theory that Sony has assembled a secret studio in the San Diego area.<br><br>Then in November 2019, Sony announced their plans to set up a support studio in Malaysia and, just a couple of weeks ago, a job listing from SIE Malaysia unveils that they&#39;re currently working on &quot;one of PlayStation&#39;s [most] well-known and well-loved franchises&quot; for which they are looking for &quot;talented, highly-motivated and creative animators to breathe life into the next chapter of cinematic storytelling.&quot;<br><br>In November 2020, both Quentin Cobb and John Bautista left the studio and the internet started to speculate that Sony had shut down the studio and cancelled the project, something that Bautista denied by stating that &quot;the studio is still there and the project is still ongoing.&quot;<br><br>Santa Monica Studio (God of War)<br><br>Unannounced<br><br>On April 12th 2018, Cory Barlog spoke during an interview about his desire to work on a new IP &quot;I really would love to create something of my own next. Something that really, really is truly 100% coming from my original vision. That would be awesome, but we have to see if I can convince Sony on that one&quot;. Over half a year later, in November, film director Duncan Jones - who had just met with Cory looking for his opinion regarding a certain script - said on Twitter that &quot;If you think that God of War is [Cory's] magnum opus, just you wait!&quot;<br><br>Since then, little we&#39;ve learned about the development of this project, other than the recent news that Alanah Pearce has joined Santa Monica Studio as a junior writer on, apparently, Cory&#39;s game. And I say that mainly because, while members of the team behind the next God of War were able to publicly announce their involvement in the making of said title on social media, Alanah is not allowed to reveal what she is working on over at SMS - that being due to the fact that, unlike the upcoming GOW game, Cory Barlog&#39;s new project hasn&#39;t been revealed yet.<br><br>Sucker Punch Productions (inFAMOUS, Ghost of Tsushima)<br><br>¿Ghost 2?<br><br>Look, I haven&#39;t played Ghost of Tsushima yet, so I don&#39;t know how it ends or if it sets up a sequel or not - but a few weeks ago a job listing from Sucker Punch mentioned that the studio &quot;is looking for a narrative writer for our upcoming projects&quot; and that the ideal candidate would &quot;have previous success as a game writer, outstanding dialogue skills and an excellent understanding of how to tell impactful, character-driven stories within a AAA open-world game&quot; and also &quot;knowledge of feudal Japanese history&quot;. That last bit kind of screams some sort of GOT sequel to me.<br><br>Supermassive Games (Until Dawn, Hidden Agenda, The Inpatient)<br><br>Unannounced Titles<br><br>In November 2018, Supermassive Games managing director Pete Samuels confirmed that the studio was &quot;working on several unannounced PlayStation exclusives&quot; and stated that their relationship with Sony &quot;is still excellent&quot;, even though they choose another publisher for The Dark Pictures Anthology as they wanted to reach the widest possible audience.<br><br>What that might mean is that they wanna go the multiplatform route with their biggest titles - that being The Dark Pictures Anthology, their response to the requests of an Until Dawn sequel - while keeping the most experimental and smaller stuff exclusive to Google or Sony - meaning that these unannounced titles would probably be cross-gen PSVR games, as Jim Ryan stated that they will not be releasing VR titles exclusively for PS5 until the new headset comes out in a couple of years.<br><br>Wild Sheep Studio<br><br>WiLD<br><br>During Sony&#39;s GamesCom conference in 2014, Michel Ancel took the stage to introduce WiLD, a new PS4 exclusive developed by his recently formed indie studio. It was described as a title with an open-world &quot;potentially as big as Europe&quot;, day and night cycles, dynamic weather and seasons, as well as a seamless online system, in which you could play not only as a human but also as any living creature. Ancel also stated that for the past year, the studio had been working very hard on the proprietary technology and tools they would be using in order to create this very specific type of game that was WiLD.<br><br>A year later, this time at Sony&#39;s Paris Games Week conference, Ancel showed a super early gameplay demo of WiLD. This was the last time we saw WiLD in action, as the information drops regarding this title started to slow down over the years - with most updates consisting of Sony denying cancellation rumors, trademark renewals or off-screen pictures of the game posted on Michel Ancel&#39;s Instagram.<br><br>The most notable piece of news from this period however, was an interview with WiLD producer Mitsuo Hirakawa from November 2017. During said interview, he stated &quot;We are not going to rush [Michel Ancel] to make something that he doesn&#39;t want to compromise on.&quot; and then he followed &quot;Even experienced developers make mistakes. We have to make mistakes to find the right choices for the design of the game and we want to provide [Wild Sheep Studio] with all the support necessary, so that&#39;s why things sometimes do take a lot longer than we expect but we feel that WiLD deserves the extra time and quality before it comes to public.&quot;<br><br>A creative that doesn&#39;t want to compromise on his vision? Mistakes that lead into things taking longer than expected? Call me crazy, but I think those statements are pointing directly to some heavy project mismanagement on Ancel&#39;s part, as we&#39;ve seen reports of similar things happening during the development of Beyond: Good &amp; Evil 2.<br><br>According to snort_cannon &quot;[BG&amp;E2] has been a mess behind the scenes for a pretty long time. To give you a rough idea of how bad it&#39;s going, the game was supposedly gonna come out next year [in 2021], but it&#39;s not even 50% done. I wouldn&#39;t be shocked, if we get an investigation article on its development troubles, soon&quot;. Which did in fact happened, as, a couple of months ago, national newspaper Libération published an article on BG&amp;E2&#39;s troubled development &quot;Ganesha City, which [he] asked us to do with a completely stupid level of detail, we only just finished it three years later, and we&#39;ve had to redo it four or five times. Knowing that we have to do several planets, you can imagine the absurdity of this kind of reasoning.&quot; &quot;When [Ancel] was spoking to the press, we were taking notes because [...] it could concern points on which we would have been stuck on for months, waiting for directions.&quot;<br><br>Moving onto something else, in July 2018, both Michel Ancel and Wild Sheep&#39;s CEO and art director Celine Tellier visited Guerrilla Games. This is interesting, because considering that WiLD went through some serious development hell difficulties, it is not farfetched to think that one of the solutions proposed by Sony to one of the several the problems the game was facing at the time was to drop the in-house engine that Wild Sheep was using up to that point and move the game over to DECIMA - the Guerrilla Games engine that has powered PS4 titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall and Horizon: Zero Dawn but also Until Dawn and Death Stranding. Such a change could come in handy, especially when we take into account that, just like Horizon and Death Stranding, WiLD is an open-world title that takes place in natural environments.<br><br>On September 18th 2020, Michel Ancel announced his departure from the games industry and regarding Beyond: Good &amp; Evil 2 and WiLD he stated that &quot;since many months now the teams are autonomous and the projects are going super well. Beautiful things to be seen soon&quot;. Hopefully we get to see something next year.

DerNebel

Someone on Reddit put together a list or 18 rumored/upcoming games, with evidence/"insider" comments.

An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab : PS5

Spoiler for Hidden:

An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab
Speculation
Arrowhead Game Studios (Magicka, Gauntlet, Helldivers)

Testament

In 2016, Arrowhead started to work on their first ever AAA game - a project that would require not only the attention of the entire team, but also to grow the studio way beyond the 35 employees that worked on Arrowhead around that time. That's why in 2017 they moved into a bigger office where they could accommodate all of their staff - both old and new.

Then in 2018, Arrowhead's co-founder stated in an interview that they were making a third-person game this time around and, due to the change in perspective, moving the focus from local co-op to making it purely online co-op. Friendly fire is confirmed to be making a return.

In early 2019, some Arrowhead developers were spotted at GDC wearing jackets with a "Testament Dev Team" written in the back. While recapping 2019, it was stated on the Arrowhead website that they had made a "butt-ton of progress" on the game and that by the end of the year the studio had already grown to roughly 60 people.

Bend Studio (Siphon Filter, Days Gone)

Days Gone

Days Gone ends on a cliffhanger, but so did The Order 1886 and, well, we all know how that ended up - so let's delve a bit deeper into why Days Gone 2 will be a thing.

In 2019, a couple of weeks before the game's launch, a Sony PR guy said that Days Gone was seen as a "franchise" in Sony's eyes, stating that "the goal is always to make a game that people love and want more of". One month later, the game came out and delivered some surprisingly solid numbers not only at launch but also throughout the year, thanks to the good word-of-mouth it had amongst the community.

According to snort_cannon, the success of the game came as a surprise even to Sony, who was expecting Days Gone to be the disappointment and Death Stranding being the one doing crazy numbers.

Later that year, Bend Studio managing director Chris Reese kind of teased that a sequel was in the works when asked about it during an interview: "This is a world that we want to keep breathing more life into, and explore many, many different avenues. So who knows, we'll see!"

Bluepoint Games (Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls)

Bloodborne Remastered

In May 2020, NeoGAF user Celine.D.Sykes - who previously discussed this project in February 2019 on the ResetEra forums - talked about the Bloodborne remaster in greater detail: "During my time on ResetEra, I only knew that From Software wanted Bloodborne to release on PC. Unfortunately, a PC port would need a lot of work […] and reworking Bloodborne's engine would take a great amount of work. The game logic is tied to framerate, among many other baffling decisions. The last time From Software tried to change the inner logic of an engine; it resulted in the infamous PC port of the first Dark Souls."

"Making a long story short, Sony said they were interested in a potential Bloodborne remaster for PS5, with a lot more work done, like some QoL added and some cut-content being introduced. Both From Software and Sony agreed to not just up the resolution and the framerate, but to make something great. FromSoftware has been authorized to release the game on PC, but only some months after the remaster hits PS5."

"Last time I heard about it, Bloodborne remaster would be part of PS5 line-up, but I don't quite believe it since I think the spotlight will be stolen by another similar title [Demon's Souls] that should be announced in June. I think they might save the Bloodborne remaster for some months after PS5 release, but I could be wrong about that particular point."

According to another report by a different source, the game is being developed by both QLOC - the studio behind 2018's Dark Souls: Remastered - and Bluepoint Games. Now that Demon's Souls is out and considering how far along Bloodborne Remastered has been reported to be, I wouldn't be surprised if it is currently planned to be revealed at The Game Awards.

Unannounced

On November 20th 2020, in response to a user who claimed that the rumored Bluepoint acquisition by Sony would be very boring as far as hype goes, KatharsisT said: "If you knew what Bluepoint is on at the moment, you wouldn't say that (Yeah, it's a hype post [and] you'll have to wait to know what it is)". Shortly after that, a mod stepped in to say that "KatharsisT has shown sufficient evidence to support this claim."

A couple of posts later, MarsipanRumpan - the guy behind the Bluepoint acquisition rumor - also backed the statements made by KatharsisT "I'm totally on your side. Talked with my source, I think we have the same info regarding their next remake. People who aren't hyped for Bluepoint don't know what their next project is as you said. Because that shame is [mindblowing]."

Regarding the rumors of a Metal Gear Solid remake, all I'm gonna say is: don't listen to what Moore's Law is Dead and other youtubers are saying, it is all battleship; but at the same time don't lose faith, as chances of Bluepoint's next remake being MGS are high, considering how it seems they're working on a bigger and more prestigious title than Demon's Souls and also the good relationship Sony currently has with Konami.

From Software (Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Deráciné)

Unannounced

A couple of weeks ago, MarsipanRumpan - the guy who recently reported about Bluepoint's acquisition on ResetEra - said that he has heard that Sony is in talks with From Software regarding the making of a new PS5 exclusive directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. This would be the third game From has currently in their pipeline, with Elden Ring and a new Armored Core being the other two.

MarsipanRumpan also clarified that it will be a while before we see this new game in motion anyway.

Guerrilla Games (Killzone, Horizon)

Unannounced

In February 2018, Simon Larouche - former multiplayer designer on Killzone 2, R6 Patriots and Splinter Cell: Blacklist, as well as game director on R6 Siege - joins Guerrilla as game director, starting to work on an unannounced project completely unrelated to the Horizon sequel (now known as Forbidden West), which was also in development at the time. Then in July, Hermen Hulst announced plans for Guerrilla to move into a new, bigger office where they could expand their staff count from 250 to 400 people, allowing them to make games faster and release a new title every two to three years.

In October 2018, Chris Lee - former multiplayer designer on several SOCOM titles at Slant Six Games and on Ubisoft's R6 Siege - joins Guerrilla as principal game designer on Larouche's project. Apart from the fact that Lee's hiring makes it pretty clear that Guerrilla's second team is working on a shooter game of some sorts, it's worth pointing out that Lee lists "cooperative and competitive multiplayer, open world systemic gameplay and online social experiences" as his current interests on his LinkedIn profile - with the open world bit being especially interesting as it was also mentioned in certain job listings for the project in 2019.

In August 2020, Guerrilla finally moved to their new office, which means the studio is now ready to begin large-scale recruiting on its second project once they see it fit - although I don't expect to hear about this project until after the release of Forbidden West in the second half of 2021.

Insomniac Games (Resistance, Ratchet & Clank, Marvel's Spider-Man)

Marvel's Spider-Man 2

The recently released Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales entered development in May 2018 under the direction of Brian Horton, while Bryan Intihar was finishing up his work on the original Marvel's Spider-Man, which came out in September of that year. So right after wrapping up the first game and with Miles Morales in the hands of a separate team, Intihar started preparing the next main entry in the series as teased in January 2019 when he posted on Twitter "Few things are more nerve-wracking than sharing your first story draft to others."

Japan Studio (Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, Astro)

RaySpace

Sometime in spring 2014, a couple of weeks before E3, Reddit user Ruin4r leaked a number of titles in development exclusively for PS4, including a new God of War, The Last Guardian, a The Last Of Us sequel, Dead Don't Ride (later confirmed to be Days Gone's codename) and an "unnamed space game" - which by the way wasn't Santa Monica Studio's cancelled new IP for PS4, as that project was axed earlier that year.

A year later, Shuhei Yoshida stated in an interview at E3 2015 that "Japan Studio is now producing a really great project that I'm really excited about" - which also wasn't Gravity Rush 2, as that title was referenced as a different project later in the interview.

In April 2016, Ruin4r said that all the games previously teased by him were still in development and clarified that many of them - God of War, TLOU2, Days Gone and the "unnamed space game" - were in early stages when he first talked about them.

Then on June 6th 2016, during a livestream in celebration of Famitsu's 30th Anniversary, SIE's Yasuhiro Kitao teased a a new title to Famitsu's editor-in-chief Katsuhio Hayashi by letting him read some text from his tablet, as Kitao didn't have any images to show. Hayashi was blown away by whatever thing he read and stated that "this will definitely be worth waiting for."

In December 2017, SIE trademarked "RaySpace" in Canada - which most probably was the final title for the "unnamed space game" mentioned by Ruin4r. That same month, Japan Studio's award-winning creative director Tsutomu Kouno stated in an interview "I have not been able to announce a new title in a long time, but in 2018, I would like to announce what I am preparing". Japan Studio producer Teruyuki Toriyama - who has been teasing this project since 2015, describing it in multiple occasions as an "ambitious title" - also promised an announcement in 2018.

Sometime in 2018, an interview to a Japan Studio employee was posted on the SIE website; in it there was an image that contained shots of two upcoming games in the background: the Demon's Souls remake (top right corner) and some sort of sci-fi first-person game.

But 2018 went by without any sort of reveal regarding this project and in December, Toriyama once again teased an announcement for the coming year "In 2019, we are preparing for the debut of unannounced title(s) currently in production". It is worth noting that Japan Studio didn't reveal any new games in 2019.

I doubt that RaySpace was cancelled, as you don't pull the plug on a project that has been in the works for four or five years and was so close to being revealed. So what I believe is that they decided to move it to PlayStation 5 - just like they did with other projects such as Sackboy: A Big Adventure or Horizon: Forbidden West - and maybe even bring it back to the drawing table a little - which would explain why we haven't seen it this year during the PS5 reveal events.

Silent Hill

In 2018, Konami reached out to various developers to pitch ideas for two Silent Hill games: one a soft-reboot of the franchise; the other an episodic Telltale/Until Dawn-style game to go alongside the reboot. In fact, one of the studios contacted by Konami was Supermassive Games, creators of Until Dawn, although they ultimately didn't get the job.

Japan Studio's creative director Keiichiro Toyama, who had been wanting to work on a new horror game for quite some time, was developing a new entry in the Siren franchise at the time. Sony, who weren't fully keen on the idea of investing on a niche series such as Siren, decided to pull the plug on the project as they started negotiating a deal with Konami for getting Japan Studio to work on the Silent Hill soft-reboot - a prestige project for the PS5 lineup based on a globally renowned IP, something that would allow Toyama to have a bigger budget and more resources at his disposal.

Eventually the deal would get finalized, putting Sony Interactive Entertainment in charge of developing, funding and publishing the title in exchange for keeping the exclusive and most of the revenue, with Konami being indirectly involved by outsourcing the IP against an 8% of the revenue. And that way, the game entered development in early 2019, salvaging as much from the technological work done for the Siren game as possible.

At some point in 2019, an interview to a Japan Studio employee posted on the SIE website showed a developer working on a handgun model - something that, if we consider the other projects Japan Studio has in the pipeline, would only align with Silent Hill.

On January 21st 2020, Rely on Horror reported that they've heard from a source of their own that a new Silent Hill game was in development. A day later, movie industry insider Emre Kaya posted on Twitter that he has learned that Sony is working on a new horror game for PS5.

On March 12th 2020, Rely on Horror stated that Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka and creature designer Masahiro Ito are returning alongside the series creator Keiichiro Toyama to helm a soft-reboot of the franchise developed by Japan Studio, just called Silent Hill. Both of their sources mentioned Sony as the driving force behind bringing the series back. That same day, Emre Kaya said on Twitter that this was the Sony horror game that he talked about back in January.

In April 2020, ResetEra user KatharsisT backed Rely on Horror's information regarding the Silent Hill soft-reboot and confirmed a third-person perspective and that the game was playable already. She also said that it is planned to be announced before PS5's launch, with a release in spring 2021 - although these reveal and release windows were from before COVID started to fudge up their schedule. Shortly after, a mod stepped into the discussion to state that they've verified her information on the subject.

In May 2020, Reddit user snort_cannon, who had already discussed the game months ago, said that "the game was planned on being shown off this summer. Unless something bad happens, it should happen. The plan at first was just to do a CG trailer to announce that the game exists, but I personally think at this point [they] might delay the reveal and add some gameplay footage as well". When asked about his sources, he answered "Same source that told me about the Sony deal, albeit last update came in early February and COVID didn't rampage as hard as it's going now."

On August 3rd 2020, ResetEra user Navtra, who leaked a list of games that went on to be present on both PS5 events days in advance to June's The Future of Gaming, commented on the Silent Hill rumors "I can only confirm one thing: it was never on the table for June's event. FFXVI and Marvel's Avengers Spider-Man character announcement were among other things that were supposed to be there and were moved last minute. Silent Hill never was". If we look at both KatharsisT and snort_cannon's comments in regards to the reveal window for the game after having learned this, it becomes clear that the reveal was initially planned for the second PS5 event, that being September's PS5 Showcase - an event that the game missed because of delays in production related to the COVID pandemic.

On October 31st 2020, KatharsisT stated that something had just made her expect a reveal at The Game Awards. A couple of days later, Rely on Horror reported that recent rumors of a Silent Hill announcement at The Game Awards line up with some information they received a while back but choose not to report on.

On November 21st 2020, KatharsisT once again teased a Silent Hill reveal at The Game Awards "You'll celebrate it before the end of the year if everything goes as planned" while also stating that she thinks the game is still planned for 2021.

London Studio (The Getaway, PlayStation VR Worlds, Blood & Truth)

Horizon VR

On October 2019, VR consultant Callum Hurley posted on Twitter that he had learned about an "exciting new PlayStation VR game coming out of London Studio" through someone who had just playtested the title. He also vaguely implied it was a Horizon VR game and, when news outlets started to report on his tweets, he apologized to the development team as he didn't expect such coverage.

Same as the unannounced VR titles from Supermassive Games, I do expect this Horizon VR game to be a cross-gen release sometime next year.

MediaVision (Wild Arms, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Chronicles 4)

Wild Arms

In July 2018, we've learned thanks to a job listing that MediaVision was working on a new PlayStation 4 RPG. It is worth noting that a year earlier Sony stated that, even though their investments have been mainly focused on titles aimed to a global audience do to the soaring in development costs, the success of recent titles such as Persona 5 or Nier Automata amongst overseas audiences has made them consider a return to first-party JRPG development.

Then in June 2019, DasVergeben posted on Reddit "Something I have heard for a while now is that a new Wild Arms game is in development but it has been over a year long journey getting that verified. I still struggle to get definite enough confirmation but I think it might have been because I heard about it too early". In a separate post, Vergeben added "I don't know much other than that it apparently is in development by Media Vision for PS4. I haven't been told anything specific yet at least. I do wonder if Sony might try and shift over to push it as a PS5 launch game or something if they don't reveal it this year [...] but that's simply speculation on my behalf."

At this point I expect the game to be a cross-gen release, as it wouldn't make sense to leave the PS4 users behind with a title that surely won't be a technological showcase unlike native PS5 games such as Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

Naughty Dog (Uncharted, The Last Of Us)

The Last Of Us: Factions

On September 26th 2019, Naughty Dog posted a statement on Twitter in which they basically announced that the multiplayer mode they had planned for The Last Of Us: Part II had grown beyond an additional mode that could be included alongside the game's enormous singleplayer campaign, so they decided to turn it into a standalone game in order to not compromise on the ambitions of the studio's multiplayer team.

Then in April 2020, a short gameplay clip from a March 2018 build of the multiplayer leaked online as part of a bigger leak that revealed tons of story spoilers and cutscenes from The Last Of Us: Part II. Assuming that this TLOU multiplayer game is planned for a release on both PS4 and PS5 sometime next year, we would be in front of a title with over four years of overall dev time - meaning that the project might be greater in scope than what most of us are expecting it to be.

Unannounced

On October 10th 2018, movie industry insider Daniel Ritchman reported that Naughty Dog was in the process of casting an actor to play the lead role on an upcoming game. According to the casting description, the studio was looking for a "Black/African American male, 40s to 60s, short to medium length hair, with a body type similar to those in the images below, strong but not chiseled". But since this doesn't tell us much about the game, apart from hinting at it being a new IP, let's go a little back in time in search of more potential details.

During the The Last Of Us: Part II panel at PSX 2017, Neil Druckmann stated that Naughty Dog will "forever continue to make singleplayer, linear, narrative-based games". He also mentioned during an interview from February 2018 that the studio was totally open to make a first-person game in the future - and, since they seem to be making a new IP, this new project might be the perfect time for them to try a different camera angle in their games.

New San Diego Studio

Unannounced

In April 2018, David Hall - former Double Helix/Amazon Game Studios - joins an unnamed SIE studio in San Diego as game director on an unannounced title. Since then, rumors about a new Sony first-party studio have been circulating due to a job listing - also from April - in which it was stated that "PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group" to work on a "high visibility project" described as a third-person action/adventure game "developed in collaboration with a major Sony studio."

A month later, Quentin Cobb - former singleplayer/multiplayer designer at Naughty Dog on the Uncharted series and The Last Of Us - also joins this new studio in San Diego and in December a new job listing mentions that the team was looking for a lead character artist to work on "the next chapter of cinematic storytelling."

In January 2019, James Martinchek - former cutscene/gameplay animator on The Last Of Us, Uncharted 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 - joins the studio as a lead gameplay animator. Also in January, Cobb was asked on Twitter why he couldn't even reveal what studio he was working for, to what he replied that "it is difficult to explain why" - further reinforcing the theory that Sony has assembled a secret studio in the San Diego area.

Then in November 2019, Sony announced their plans to set up a support studio in Malaysia and, just a couple of weeks ago, a job listing from SIE Malaysia unveils that they're currently working on "one of PlayStation's [most] well-known and well-loved franchises" for which they are looking for "talented, highly-motivated and creative animators to breathe life into the next chapter of cinematic storytelling."

In November 2020, both Quentin Cobb and John Bautista left the studio and the internet started to speculate that Sony had shut down the studio and cancelled the project, something that Bautista denied by stating that "the studio is still there and the project is still ongoing."

Santa Monica Studio (God of War)

Unannounced

On April 12th 2018, Cory Barlog spoke during an interview about his desire to work on a new IP "I really would love to create something of my own next. Something that really, really is truly 100% coming from my original vision. That would be awesome, but we have to see if I can convince Sony on that one". Over half a year later, in November, film director Duncan Jones - who had just met with Cory looking for his opinion regarding a certain script - said on Twitter that "If you think that God of War is [Cory's] magnum opus, just you wait!"

Since then, little we've learned about the development of this project, other than the recent news that Alanah Pearce has joined Santa Monica Studio as a junior writer on, apparently, Cory's game. And I say that mainly because, while members of the team behind the next God of War were able to publicly announce their involvement in the making of said title on social media, Alanah is not allowed to reveal what she is working on over at SMS - that being due to the fact that, unlike the upcoming GOW game, Cory Barlog's new project hasn't been revealed yet.

Sucker Punch Productions (inFAMOUS, Ghost of Tsushima)

¿Ghost 2?

Look, I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima yet, so I don't know how it ends or if it sets up a sequel or not - but a few weeks ago a job listing from Sucker Punch mentioned that the studio "is looking for a narrative writer for our upcoming projects" and that the ideal candidate would "have previous success as a game writer, outstanding dialogue skills and an excellent understanding of how to tell impactful, character-driven stories within a AAA open-world game" and also "knowledge of feudal Japanese history". That last bit kind of screams some sort of GOT sequel to me.

Supermassive Games (Until Dawn, Hidden Agenda, The Inpatient)

Unannounced Titles

In November 2018, Supermassive Games managing director Pete Samuels confirmed that the studio was "working on several unannounced PlayStation exclusives" and stated that their relationship with Sony "is still excellent", even though they choose another publisher for The Dark Pictures Anthology as they wanted to reach the widest possible audience.

What that might mean is that they wanna go the multiplatform route with their biggest titles - that being The Dark Pictures Anthology, their response to the requests of an Until Dawn sequel - while keeping the most experimental and smaller stuff exclusive to Google or Sony - meaning that these unannounced titles would probably be cross-gen PSVR games, as Jim Ryan stated that they will not be releasing VR titles exclusively for PS5 until the new headset comes out in a couple of years.

Wild Sheep Studio

WiLD

During Sony's GamesCom conference in 2014, Michel Ancel took the stage to introduce WiLD, a new PS4 exclusive developed by his recently formed indie studio. It was described as a title with an open-world "potentially as big as Europe", day and night cycles, dynamic weather and seasons, as well as a seamless online system, in which you could play not only as a human but also as any living creature. Ancel also stated that for the past year, the studio had been working very hard on the proprietary technology and tools they would be using in order to create this very specific type of game that was WiLD.

A year later, this time at Sony's Paris Games Week conference, Ancel showed a super early gameplay demo of WiLD. This was the last time we saw WiLD in action, as the information drops regarding this title started to slow down over the years - with most updates consisting of Sony denying cancellation rumors, trademark renewals or off-screen pictures of the game posted on Michel Ancel's Instagram.

The most notable piece of news from this period however, was an interview with WiLD producer Mitsuo Hirakawa from November 2017. During said interview, he stated "We are not going to rush [Michel Ancel] to make something that he doesn't want to compromise on." and then he followed "Even experienced developers make mistakes. We have to make mistakes to find the right choices for the design of the game and we want to provide [Wild Sheep Studio] with all the support necessary, so that's why things sometimes do take a lot longer than we expect but we feel that WiLD deserves the extra time and quality before it comes to public."

A creative that doesn't want to compromise on his vision? Mistakes that lead into things taking longer than expected? Call me crazy, but I think those statements are pointing directly to some heavy project mismanagement on Ancel's part, as we've seen reports of similar things happening during the development of Beyond: Good & Evil 2.

According to snort_cannon "[BG&E2] has been a mess behind the scenes for a pretty long time. To give you a rough idea of how bad it's going, the game was supposedly gonna come out next year [in 2021], but it's not even 50% done. I wouldn't be shocked, if we get an investigation article on its development troubles, soon". Which did in fact happened, as, a couple of months ago, national newspaper Libération published an article on BG&E2's troubled development "Ganesha City, which [he] asked us to do with a completely stupid level of detail, we only just finished it three years later, and we've had to redo it four or five times. Knowing that we have to do several planets, you can imagine the absurdity of this kind of reasoning." "When [Ancel] was spoking to the press, we were taking notes because [...] it could concern points on which we would have been stuck on for months, waiting for directions."

Moving onto something else, in July 2018, both Michel Ancel and Wild Sheep's CEO and art director Celine Tellier visited Guerrilla Games. This is interesting, because considering that WiLD went through some serious development hell difficulties, it is not farfetched to think that one of the solutions proposed by Sony to one of the several the problems the game was facing at the time was to drop the in-house engine that Wild Sheep was using up to that point and move the game over to DECIMA - the Guerrilla Games engine that has powered PS4 titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall and Horizon: Zero Dawn but also Until Dawn and Death Stranding. Such a change could come in handy, especially when we take into account that, just like Horizon and Death Stranding, WiLD is an open-world title that takes place in natural environments.

On September 18th 2020, Michel Ancel announced his departure from the games industry and regarding Beyond: Good & Evil 2 and WiLD he stated that "since many months now the teams are autonomous and the projects are going super well. Beautiful things to be seen soon". Hopefully we get to see something next year.

Can't believe there are still people who believe in this delusional Rayspace battleship.

the-pi-guy

Dec 02, 2020, 04:08 PM Last Edit: Dec 02, 2020, 05:01 PM by the-pi-guy
Never mind I figured it out. 

The space rumors predate Henrik though.

And the Rayspace trademark originated from Japan.

darkknightkryta

I guess that Silent Hill game is cancelled?  Considering the creative team just left Sony, and has been planning to leave Sony this past year.  And by cancelled I mean never in development.

the-pi-guy

I guess that Silent Hill game is cancelled?  Considering the creative team just left Sony, and has been planning to leave Sony this past year.  And by cancelled I mean never in development.
Era insider insists it's still happening and it is less than a year away from release.  We shall see though.

Directors and other people frequently leave in the middle of projects. Cory left God of War 3 in the middle.  SMS clearly continued making it. 

They also left a few months ago to start a new studio.  Apparently because they don't want to make these large AAA games, and prefer making more experimental titles.  Its pretty obvious this is the direction that Sony Japan is going.

darkknightkryta

Era insider insists it's still happening and it is less than a year away from release.  We shall see though.

Directors and other people frequently leave in the middle of projects. Cory left God of War 3 in the middle.  SMS clearly continued making it.  

They also left a few months ago to start a new studio.  Apparently because they don't want to make these large AAA games, and prefer making more experimental titles.  Its pretty obvious this is the direction that Sony Japan is going.
Probably

Though wasn't Stig always in charge of God of War 3? I mean, Jaffe was still working on God of War 3 before he left, but he wasn't directing, nor did he direct 2 (Despite being there).

I'm more sad at how Kat was done dirty and we'll never get another Gravity Rush.

Go Up