PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Any of y'all getting Concrete Genie? I'm quite looking forward to it, should be fun to play next week.
Not enough free time for that, but it looks like my type of game.

Xevross

Well Concrete Genie was good fun, well worth the money. I liked that its quite short but perhaps its a little too, especially considering they were working on this for 5 years. I finished the story in about 4-5 hours, had the platinum less than 6 hours after I started playing, and I stopped for lunch during that time. Anyway, I'm happy, its a very charming game. Hope it does well for pixelopus.

BananaKing

Well Concrete Genie was good fun, well worth the money. I liked that its quite short but perhaps its a little too, especially considering they were working on this for 5 years. I finished the story in about 4-5 hours, had the platinum less than 6 hours after I started playing, and I stopped for lunch during that time. Anyway, I'm happy, its a very charming game. Hope it does well for pixelopus.
Seems like they are still a very small team then.

Xevross

Seems like they are still a very small team then.
Yes they must be, especially considering the gameplay is rather simple as well.

Legend

Yes they must be, especially considering the gameplay is rather simple as well.
Did the painting mechanic feel innovative or did it quickly become boring?

Xevross

Did the painting mechanic feel innovative or did it quickly become boring?
Neither of those. Its a fairly simplistic system which doesn't allow for too much creativity, its more just to look pretty. I imagine if the game was more than 6 hours long it may start to get boring, but they way the game gradually feeds you new things to paint while you're playing through means you shouldn't get bored.

What it does great is the stuff with the genies, how they interact with your paintings and each other. I wouldn't call that innovative either, but its a really fun system, and often extremely charming.

Legend

Xevross

Jason Schreier/Kotaku: The Last of Us Part II Delayed to Spring | ResetEra

The PS4 sequel to The Last of Us will no longer be out in February, sources tell Kotaku. Publisher Sony has delayed The Last Of Us Part II to this spring, just a month after announcing a release date of February 21, 2020.

The news isn't official yet, and Sony didn't respond to a request for comment yesterday, but Kotaku has heard from two people familiar with goings-on at Naughty Dog that the game is bumped to spring. We expect an announcement this week.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
kotaku.com   Sources: The Last of Us 2 Delayed To Spring  The PS4 sequel to The Last of Us will no longer be out in February, sources tell Kotaku. Publisher Sony has delayed The Last Of Us Part II to this spring, just a month after announcing a release date of February 21, 2020.   kotaku.com kotaku.com      
Madness, you would have thought that them leaving it so late to announce a release date would mean they were pretty confident. But a delay a month alter? Oof.

Legend

A delay like that can do wonders but it is silly that they didn't decide on this before announcing it.

DerNebel

Oct 24, 2019, 03:24 PM Last Edit: Oct 24, 2019, 03:27 PM by DerNebel
Turns out that even years later this shame is still kinda obnoxious. Like yes, it is appreciated that Sony grants their devs the possibility to take this extra time if it's needed, but at some point one would expect that certain pipelines would get ironed out so that they'd get more consistend with hitting their deadlines, cause if you look back at this generation they've been impressively consistent in not being to hit the dates/windows they originally announce for their games.

The 3 months are fine but it's extra annoying because this is going to fuel these stupid "Ghost of Tsushima is a PS5 launch game" posts, that keep popping up.

Edit: Or the even more annoying "They should just keep TLOU Part 2 for the PS5 launch" posts.

Xevross

The Last of Us Part II Comes to PS4 in May - PlayStation.Blog

May 29th it is. I think that's a better date in terms of helping the game sell more copies, although perhaps still not long enough after the rush of games early next year.

Jason Schreier also says this means Ghost has been pushed from its internal target of first half of 2020, since Sony doesn't want to launch these games too close together.

Dr. Pezus

Jason Schreier/Kotaku: The Last of Us Part II Delayed to Spring | ResetEra
    kotaku.com   Sources: The Last of Us 2 Delayed To Spring The PS4 sequel to The Last of Us will no longer be out in February, sources tell Kotaku. Publisher Sony has delayed The Last Of Us Part II to this spring, just a month after announcing a release date of February 21, 2020.   kotaku.com kotaku.com      

Madness, you would have thought that them leaving it so late to announce a release date would mean they were pretty confident. But a delay a month alter? Oof.
Lol wtf. I mean I'm fine with a later release but they just announced the date ffs

kitler53

they should just keep TLoU part 2for the ps5 launch. i'll bet ghost of tshushima is a launch game now. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

Just hopping in to say that Resetera continues to be one of the dumbest gaming communities on the planet. (this post is in regards to Death Stranding coming to PC next summer)

Legend

Go Up