Robin Williams Found Dead in Possible Suicide

Started by Riderz1337, Aug 11, 2014, 11:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Riderz1337

Veteran film and television comedic actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday. He was 63.

The cause of death is believed to be suicide via asphyxiation, according to the coroner's office in Tiburon, Calif. He was found in his home.

His publicist said the actor had been battling depression of late.

"This is a tragic and sudden loss," his publicist Mara Buxbaum said in a statement. "The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

Williams is best known for both comedic and dramatic roles in movies including "Good Will Hunting," for which he won a Best Supporting Actor in 1997. In addition, he won several Emmys, Golden Globes.

Williams' film career was bookended by TV roles including his breakout role on the ABC sitcom "Mork & Mindy" in 1978. He returned to TV on CBS last season, "The Crazy Ones."

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK

Legend

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

RIP in peace

You know RIP stands for rest in peace, right? :o

Requiescat in pace, in any case

Xevross

Yup its just one of those internet things. I haven't seen many of the things he's in but I have still heard of him. Its always said when someone kills themself due to depression

Riderz1337

Yup its just one of those internet things. I haven't seen many of the things he's in but I have still heard of him. Its always said when someone kills themself due to depression

PETER PAN, JUMANJI, FLUBBER, GOOD WILL HUNTING, INSOMNIA, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, ALLADIN ETC

fudge I can't believe he's actually dead.

Xevross

Yeah I've seen some but what I mean is I can remember his name unlike most actors.

Dr. Pezus

PETER PAN, JUMANJI, FLUBBER, GOOD WILL HUNTING, INSOMNIA, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, ALLADIN ETC

fudge I can't believe he's actually dead.

Dead Poets Society. I have yet to watch that and Good Will Hunting. Probably his most acclaimed films. Oh and I haven't seen Insomnia and Mrs. Doubtfire either. Flubber and Jumanji and Peter Pan though! Wasn't it called Hook?

7H3

sad day for the media... he was truly a great actor
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

darkknightkryta

DD_Bwest

wow... I got a txt while i was driving home.  Im somewhat in  state of shock..

Riderz1337

Dead Poets Society. I have yet to watch that and Good Will Hunting. Probably his most acclaimed films. Oh and I haven't seen Insomnia and Mrs. Doubtfire either. Flubber and Jumanji and Peter Pan though! Wasn't it called Hook?

Yeah it's called hook. BTW, watch Insomnia. It has Al Pacino as well and it was directed by Christopher Nolan (TDK trilogy)

Dr. Pezus

Yeah it's called hook. BTW, watch Insomnia. It has Al Pacino as well and it was directed by Christopher Nolan (TDK trilogy)

Yep, I know about Insomnia. Just never have got around to it.

7H3

hmm i liked what dreams may come... i think it was called... the movie where he was a robot... he did an excellent job in August Rush too... I remember seeing mork and mindy when I was a kid as well
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend