Horizon Forbidden West |OT| it's out

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 03, 2021, 02:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Guerilla added an option to disable pickup animations.

Heads Up: You can now Disable Pickup Animations in the Settings : horizon

Which is kind of fascinating to me.
It's kinda slow because your character stops while the action is being performed. It would be nicer if it was Forged Odyssey or TLOU style where the animation targets the pickup but your legs keep working.

Also I couldn't find any limits in the inventory. I have over 200 rocks in my pocket lol.

Legend

Giving the game more time to settle, I think I'd consider it more like a 7.5. The plot and writing is just so simplistic most of the time, feeling like a young kid's show. It almost retroactively makes Zero Dawn worse.

I fully understand other people loving it and giving it nothing but praise, but for me personally I'm hoping the next game is a rejection of this approach.

nnodley

dang i wish that was in before i finished.  She was so slow looting resources

darkknightkryta

I'm getting my dog handed to me in this game.  I'm getting one shot by a lot of things, and they brought out the Apex Ravagers already.

Legend

I'm getting my dog handed to me in this game.  I'm getting one shot by a lot of things, and they brought out the Apex Ravagers already.
There were a few difficulty spikes for me. The second I crossed the mountains, everything became super hard until I got the hang of things.

darkknightkryta

There were a few difficulty spikes for me. The second I crossed the mountains, everything became super hard until I got the hang of things.
I don't mind the difficulty, it's just my defense is so weak and I can't upgrade my gear any further than I am.  Like, I was doing a random quest and it was set for like level 17 I think.  The end part of the mission has two level 20 stalkers.  WTF?  I keep getting one shot by them... I'm level 25.  I'm not asking to barely take damage, I'm asking to not die by one hit.
There was another mission slated for level 10.  The end fight was against a Ravager.  Like, the hell?

Legend

I don't mind the difficulty, it's just my defense is so weak and I can't upgrade my gear any further than I am.  Like, I was doing a random quest and it was set for like level 17 I think.  The end part of the mission has two level 20 stalkers.  WTF?  I keep getting one shot by them... I'm level 25.  I'm not asking to barely take damage, I'm asking to not die by one hit.
There was another mission slated for level 10.  The end fight was against a Ravager.  Like, the hell?
Be sure to look at your outfit and change it during a fight if needed.

In general outfits are pretty important to minimize damage taken.

darkknightkryta

Be sure to look at your outfit and change it during a fight if needed.

In general outfits are pretty important to minimize damage taken.
This is true, but the outfits in the game are all relatively the same.  If I was getting killed by elemental attacks, I'd get it, I'm getting one-shot by simple melee.  Unless I'm missing something, there's no melee styled outfit up to where I am
Spoiler for Hidden:
<span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size">(I&#39;m nearing the end of recovering the easiest A.I. for Gaia)</span><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size"></span>

the-pi-guy

Horizon Call of the Mountain gameplay trailer revealed, and Horizon Forbidden West gets update including New Game+ - PlayStation.Blog

We're already working on an upcoming patch which will include VRR support and a 40FPS Mode, so stay tuned for more.

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Uzupedro, post: 87706710, member: 69480
Horizon's patch is incredible, kudos to Guerrilla even though I don't plan in replaying it anytime soon.

Found on Era.

This game looks stunning

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

Speaking of framerate, Horizon was my first PS5 game that was actually good in high graphics mode. Ran at a solid 30 and was great.

Many other games like deathloop were pretty poor.

the-pi-guy

Apparently the voice actor for Sylens tweeted too much. Apparently is doing some captures for Forbidden West, which must mean a DLC is on the way.

Legend

Apparently the voice actor for Sylens tweeted too much. Apparently is doing some captures for Forbidden West, which must mean a DLC is on the way.
Didn't expect that lol.

Yet to play the first dlc though.

Go Up