Ford F150 lightning launches next year

Started by the-pi-guy, May 20, 2021, 02:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

230 mile range on base, 300 on extended
Back up power for your house, 3-10 days

The entry model starts at $39,974 MSRP (commercial-oriented). More-equipped mid-series (XLT) starts at $52,974 MSRP, offering additional comfort and technology. MSRP starting at $39,974 up to around $90,474.1
https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/

Legend

I need to help my dad get an electric truck. He does so much driving and could save a lot of money long term.

Also it's fun that they used Denver in your pic.

kitler53

having the car power your home is a smart marketing move.   the rual areas that love trucks are more likely to experience a power outages so this solves that problem too.   not that a gas generator costs anywhere near $40k but it still provides some value to help rationalize that price.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I feel like this is really huge.

The F150 is pretty much the best selling vehicle in the US, every year, by a pretty sizable margin.  It very well might not take off, depending on how much they can manufacture, how much people actually want to get into it.

But it has a huge amount of potential to make EVs viable in the US.  Ford sells something like 750,000 to 1,000,000 trucks every year.  Which isn't that far off from what Tesla has sold total in all their EV.  
To clarify, I don't think it's going to be a reality, but there's a lot of potential here.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
On the truck itself, I'm a little bit disappointed in the range.  
But it'll be a while before we really get that solved.  

It would be a total game changer if we could figure out how to make these batteries last twice as long, and charge in 5 minutes.  Maybe someday...  

kitler53

I feel like this is really huge.

The F150 is pretty much the best selling vehicle in the US, every year, by a pretty sizable margin.  It very well might not take off, depending on how much they can manufacture, how much people actually want to get into it.

But it has a huge amount of potential to make EVs viable in the US.  Ford sells something like 750,000 to 1,000,000 trucks every year.  Which isn't that far off from what Tesla has sold total in all their EV.  
To clarify, I don't think it's going to be a reality, but there's a lot of potential here.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
On the truck itself, I'm a little bit disappointed in the range.  
But it'll be a while before we really get that solved.  

It would be a total game changer if we could figure out how to make these batteries last twice as long, and charge in 5 minutes.  Maybe someday...  
listen,.. here's how things are going to go.   tucker carlson will have a segment calling this a liberal invasion into your home and a violation of freedom.  he'll say that "real americans" will only use gasoline because EVs will pedophile your children and eat your pets.   

this is DoA because conservative media is fully in the pocket of O&G no different than when they blamed wind turbines for all those CTs that froze in texas this winter.   they won't even try to make a rational argument because their audience doesn't need one.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

May 20, 2021, 06:53 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 06:56 PM by the-pi-guy

listen,.. here's how things are going to go.   tucker carlson will have a segment calling this a liberal invasion into your home and a violation of freedom.  he'll say that "real americans" will only use gasoline because EVs will pedophile your children and eat your pets.  

this is DoA because conservative media is fully in the pocket of O&G no different than when they blamed wind turbines for all those CTs that froze in texas this winter.   they won't even try to make a rational argument because their audience doesn't need one.  
I mean I know how things are going to go.  

I know a few people who talk about burning diesel as if their self worth depends on it.

the-pi-guy

I've never wanted a truck before.  

Legend

I've never wanted a truck before.  
Why do you want one now?

I def still want regular electric cars.

the-pi-guy

May 21, 2021, 01:01 AM Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 01:52 AM by the-pi-guy
Why do you want one now?

I def still want regular electric cars.
I think the truck looks great, but I'd rather get an electric mini-van, but there aren't any great ones on the market.

Why do you want one now?
The best part about a truck is you get more friends.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Especially when someone needs help moving. <br>