Hitman developer reportedly developing fantasy IP for Xbox

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 30, 2021, 07:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Hitman developer reportedly developing fantasy IP for Xbox • Eurogamer.net

IO Interactive, developer of Hitman, has begun working on a new fantasy IP for Xbox which features dragons.

That's according to a report by Windows Central, which states this is one of several projects Microsoft is working on with external developers to be released under the Xbox Game Studios publishing banner.

Eurogamer sources have also heard word of this new project within IO Interactive, which is described as being AAA in scope though still very early in development, and years away. It's currently planned to feature a large medieval-esque world and, yes, winged beasts of the dragon variety.

Dr. Pezus

MS really wants their dragons

the-pi-guy

MS really wants their dragons
Yeah they do.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-has-8-rpgs-in-development-currently.418260/

Starfield
ElderScrolls 6
Fable
Avowed
inXile Entertainment's AAA RPG
IO Interactive's AAA Project Dragon RPG
The Outer Worlds team RPG Project( Most likely OW2)
Josh Sawyer's small RPG

Studios like Obsidian and inXile have smaller teams working on stuff but nothing too concrete.

Legend

I'd love if actual rpgs were popular again. This gen had so many rpg mechanics put in other games, but only a few AAA rpgs. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout, and Outer Wilds right?

Dr. Pezus

I'd love if actual rpgs were popular again. This gen had so many rpg mechanics put in other games, but only a few AAA rpgs. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout, and Outer Wilds right?
Uhm, Witcher? Cyberpunk?

Legend

Uhm, Witcher? Cyberpunk?
Hard to say. Witcher 3 is great and probably counts despite missing rpg staples like character creation. Cyberpunk doesn't count. After launch they removed rpg from its marketing.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story" Cyberpunk 2077 -- from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Dr. Pezus

Hard to say. Witcher 3 is great and probably counts despite missing rpg staples like character creation. Cyberpunk doesn't count. After launch they removed rpg from its marketing.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story" Cyberpunk 2077 -- from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
I mean Witcher 3 is much more of an rpg than many "rpg" s from the past imo, with the way the quests and exploration work.

But then there were also the Divinity and Wasteland games.

Legend

I mean Witcher 3 is much more of an rpg than many "rpg" s from the past imo, with the way the quests and exploration work.

But then there were also the Divinity and Wasteland games.
I'm only talking bout the rpgs that prove my point though.

Xevross

Think you meant Outer Worlds.

And yeah as Pez says there were loads more. So I'm good, RPG is probably one of my least favourite genres so more of them is annoying for me. Although I would much prefer RPGs to stealth games so this isn't the worst news for me.

Dr. Pezus

Not to mention all the jrpgs, especially FFVII remake and persona