Returnal OC: 87, MC: 86

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 24, 2021, 07:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Xevross

87 on both Open and Meta after 38/ 37 reviews.

Xevross

87 is an excellent score, same as Spider-Man and better than recent big GOTY winners like Control and Death Stranding. Let's hope it holds.

Xevross

Seems like the roguelike stuff is the game's biggest weakness, it's not a top tier roguelike but the rest of the game is excellent.

Lots of people thinking the runs are too long, the roguelike rng isn't too well tuned and the rest of the game isn't linked so well to the roguelike structure.

Xevross

Apr 29, 2021, 12:20 PM Last Edit: Apr 29, 2021, 12:22 PM by Xevross
Jeff Grubb completing less than a third of the game then slapping it with a 3/5. Fanboy clown shoes back on for him  ;D

Meta now down to 86

Xevross

BananaKing

Jeff Grubb completing less than a third of the game then slapping it with a 3/5. Fanboy clown shoes back on for him  ;D

Meta now down to 86
He is the ultimate fanboy and it showed before he even did this review.

Awesome scores. This is so far higher than ghost, spiderman and miles moralis. Awesome work by housrmarque, now sony needs to buy them

the-pi-guy

Meta now down to 86
But Returnal doesn't give the player a lot to do while you struggle to get over that understanding gap. You have some persistent items, like the ether currency. And you can find items that you will permanently unlock in the world. But I've rarely engaged with that mechanic, so it has not served as a motivation to keep me going.
>Not a lot to do
>I've rarely engaged with that mechanic

???

SWORDF1SH

BananaKing

>Not a lot to do
>I've rarely engaged with that mechanic

???
Lmao... what a joke

Legend

Awesome scores. This is so far higher than ghost, spiderman and miles moralis. Awesome work by housrmarque, now sony needs to buy them
That really puts it into perspective.

87 isn't a day one for me with the $70 price and rogue focus, but I bet I'll end up loving this game.

Xevross

Its not higher than Spider-Man and definitely not while its dropped to 86, but its pretty much on par. That game always feels like it reviewed better than it did.

The lack of saving in a run seems to be a big problem that probably brought the score down a good chunk. Example:

BananaKing

Hopefully they can patch that in and fix it.

Xevross

No longer a fanboy.

Also here's an exert from the other 60 scored review:

Fascinating.

Dr. Pezus

No longer a fanboy.

Also here's an exert from the other 60 scored review:

Fascinating.
Wut what

Go Up