E3 2021: Central Hub of Hype

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 06, 2021, 01:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

That was a joke about the Game and Watch hardware being released.
Lol it's pretty difficult to read live threads after the fact

Legend

Xevross

Ubi:
Rainbow 6 Extraction looked better than I expected, but still just ok.
Mario+Rabbids was nice.

Xbox:
Starfield was short but left me excited.
Forza Horizon 5 looks great.
The Outer Wilds 2 had a great trailer.
Stalker 2 looked interesting.
Atomic Heart looked interesting.
Contraband looked interesting.
Plague Tale 2 is great.
Redfall was extremely disappointing.

Nintendo:
Metroid Dredd looks great.
BOTW2 was extremely exciting but has left me feeling nervous.

Xbox had the best show imo. They felt like a non pandemic year which is disappointing because of the Xbox+Bethesda potential, but a solid 6 or 7 out of 10.

Ubisoft had the best reveal with Avatar imo. I'm biased but when comparing it to Starfield, The Outer Worlds 2, and BOTW2, it actually showed a lot. Don't think it makes up for the rest of the show. Solid 5 or 6 out of 10.

Nintendo had what will end up being the best game, but I don't think it was a good showing. Solid 5 or 6 out of 10.

TLDR: yeah very bad year but I'm glad the companies still put these shows together.
I was thinking dude how on earth was Avatar the best reveal for you, it was just an okay teaser trailer. But then I was thinking, well what was a better reveal? So yeah, maybe.

Forza Horizon 5 was far and away the best reveal for me, but if you're not into racing games and super into Avatar maybe Avatar was the best. Here's how I'd rank the new game reveals that I can remember:

Forza Horizon 5
Guardians of the Galaxy
Metroid Dread
Advance Wars 1+2 Remake
Mario + Rabbids 2
Redfall
The Outer Worlds 2
Warioware
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Jurassic World Evolution 2
CHAOS

Oh, oh man. What a bad e3.

Elden Ring had the best trailer. Forza Horizon 5 game of the show. Only really those two games that got me super excited (plus BOTW2, but that was more because I'm incredibly hyped for it anyway rather than on merit on what was shown).

Legend

I was thinking dude how on earth was Avatar the best reveal for you, it was just an okay teaser trailer. But then I was thinking, well what was a better reveal? So yeah, maybe.

Forza Horizon 5 was far and away the best reveal for me, but if you're not into racing games and super into Avatar maybe Avatar was the best. Here's how I'd rank the new game reveals that I can remember:

Forza Horizon 5
Guardians of the Galaxy
Metroid Dread
Advance Wars 1+2 Remake
Mario + Rabbids 2
Redfall
The Outer Worlds 2
Warioware
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Jurassic World Evolution 2
CHAOS

Oh, oh man. What a bad e3.

Elden Ring had the best trailer. Forza Horizon 5 game of the show. Only really those two games that got me super excited (plus BOTW2, but that was more because I'm incredibly hyped for it anyway rather than on merit on what was shown).
The best thing about Avatar is its immersive world building. The game's teaser is so great imo because it is nailing that world. Showing gameplay or the plot would have probably made it look worse haha.

I don't care too much about Forza horizon trailers because the games are such a known quantity. They're incredible, but not that interesting to think about pre-release.

Xevross

The best thing about Avatar is its immersive world building. The game's teaser is so great imo because it is nailing that world. Showing gameplay or the plot would have probably made it look worse haha.

I don't care too much about Forza horizon trailers because the games are such a known quantity. They're incredible, but not that interesting to think about pre-release.
The FH5 reveal showed of the insane visuals and the new setting really well, also went over some cool new features.

the-pi-guy

On the brightside, maybe this E3 sucks and next E3 will kick our socks off.  

Legend

On the brightside, maybe this E3 sucks and next E3 will kick our socks off.  
I think this will just be the off year. Covid took out tons of productivity and we felt most of that this week.

Next E3 will at least be in person. (if it happens at all)

Go Up