Xbox Series and PS5 Games Comparisons

Started by Xevross, Nov 11, 2020, 11:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

So this thread is where we'll confine all the comparisons and list wars to, lets keep the rest of the forum clean and keep it civil in here!

Xevross

The first video comparison someone made is pretty terrible (AC Valhalla only 1080p and not cut well), so I'm only going to link it in spoilers

Spoiler for Hidden:
<div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube no2xCR0VWbQ"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/no2xCR0VWbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div>

May I suggest we stick to reputable places like Digital Foundry for stuff like this?

Xevross

Nov 11, 2020, 11:55 AM Last Edit: Nov 11, 2020, 11:59 AM by Xevross
And here's a list wars post from me comparing new games launching with each console.

PS5 launch games not playable on xbox series (and review score so far):

- Spidey MM (85)
- Astro's Playroom (84)
- The Pathless (83)
- Bugsnax (76)
- Sackboy (tbc - great so far)
- Godfall (tbc - mixed to poor so far) *timed exclusive
- Demon's Souls (reviewers only just getting copies)

Series launch games not playable on PS5 (and review score so far):

- The Falconeer (72)
- [Tetris Effect Connected (tbc - will be amazing) *this is a multiplayer expansion of a PS4 game, PS4 version playable on PS5 through BC but multiplayer is exclusive right now]
- [Yakuza Like A Dragon (87) ** this is playable on PS5 through PS4 backwards compatibility but native version is next year]

No question that Sony knocked it out of the park here. And to think there was originally supposed to be Deathloop, Kena and Destruction All Stars while xbox was also supposed to have Halo. I think both of those losses roughly balance each other out to be honest (Halo ~= Kena+Deathloop+DAS). However, xbox really miss Halo here while Sony don't care about those three games slipping, if anything its a good thing for all parties involved.

Legend

The lack of Halo is very apparent. Maybe I'll try Falconeer. It doesn't seem like the type of game I'd care for but I'm itching for a launch game.

kitler53

The lack of Halo is very apparent. Maybe I'll try Falconeer. It doesn't seem like the type of game I'd care for but I'm itching for a launch game.

another day and you'll have your ps5 and series x can go into the closet for the next year while you wait for a launch game..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

We have our first!

Xbox seems to have a consistent - if very small - advantage in three of the four modes, while its inconsistency in the high frame-rate mode is puzzling to say the least.

Across a range of content tested in this mode, both consoles delivered a 100fps average. However, the average does not tell the real story. Xbox retains an advantage in cutscenes and in some gameplay content, but again, the boost is typically small. Meanwhile, in many of the gameplay areas we tested, PS5 is significantly faster and more consistent that Series X overall. It's conjecture on our part, but there is the sense that there's a graphics API bottleneck here that impacts performance on the Xbox side in some scenarios, while PS5 simply powers on.

In the meantime, the results seen here in the cross-platform comparison are fascinating. In terms of correlating on-paper specs to the actual experience on-screen, PlayStation 5 is either punching above its weight, or Xbox Series X isn't delivering on the full potential promised by a bigger silicon investment and a much more substantial memory interface. It'll be interesting to see to what extent the results seen here extend to other titles, and we'll be reporting on that as soon as other games are available.

Dr. Pezus

We have our first!

Could it be that TF isn't everything?!

Legend

another day and you'll have your ps5 and series x can go into the closet for the next year while you wait for a launch game..
lol you're not wrong outside of gamepass. I'm not planning on buying any PS5 games till next year either but I might succumb to the hype.

kitler53

lol you're not wrong outside of gamepass. I'm not planning on buying any PS5 games till next year either but I might succumb to the hype.
do you have ps+?  bugsnax now and destruction all stars in january if i remember right.

i know i'm in the exact wrong thread here but do i have your (or any other vizionecker's) psn name?  since it is free a destruction all-stars team could be fun.

Legend

do you have ps+?  bugsnax now and destruction all stars in january if i remember right.

i know i'm in the exact wrong thread here but do i have your (or any other vizionecker's) psn name?  since it is free a destruction all-stars team could be fun.
Yeah I have PS+. Don't know if I'll actually play bugsnax lol.

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO SEE THIS CONTENT

Xevross

do you have ps+?  bugsnax now and destruction all stars in january if i remember right.

i know i'm in the exact wrong thread here but do i have your (or any other vizionecker's) psn name?  since it is free a destruction all-stars team could be fun.
Destruction is Feb. My PSN name is the same as here.

kitler53

okay, looks like we are already friends.  ..we should create a vizioneck group though cause i didn't know that was you.  lol.

Dr. Pezus

I hate it when people didn't use their forum name on psn. Now I rarely remember who is who on psn lol

okay, looks like we are already friends.  ..we should create a vizioneck group though cause i didn't know that was you.  lol.
My psn name is blackpezus

kitler53

I hate it when people didn't use their forum name on psn. Now I rarely remember who is who on psn lol
My psn name is blackpezus
looks like we are friends already too.

Dr. Pezus

looks like we are friends already too.
What's your psn

Nvm saw the other thread

Go Up