Direct.Playstation Shop updated with references to PS5 pre-orders, and compatibility badges

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 19, 2020, 04:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Direct.Playstation Shop updated with references to PS5 pre-orders, and compatibility badges | ResetEra

The PlayStation Direct Shop has been updated with references to PlayStation 5 console pre-orders.

The references can be found in the source code, in the javascript validators.

Code:  
"SAPCommerceOCC_ERROR_addtocartrestrictionvalidation":{"errorType":"commerce-api-error","errorMessage":"You can only purchase one version of the PS5™ Console: Disc or Digital. You have already added one PS5™ console to your cart.","errorSeverity":"High"}

You can only purchase one version of the PS5™ Console: Disc or Digital. You have already added one PS5™ console to your cart.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Basically the error message for when you try to add more than one PlayStation 5 Console SKU to your cart.

You'll be limited to 1 console, whether it be disk or digital.

They've also added a new badge to the system that can be displayed alongside products that are PS5 compatible. Example below.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean that the DUALSHOCK 4 is compatible, or that everything on the site is. The site is coded this way; every product has ALL the badges, and they are shown/hidden pro grammatically depending on the information from the database. Currently no product is returning the information required to show these badges.

The badges are hidden via CSS, and are currently on all products.

For this code to have been committed into the production branch, then it seems like pre-orders are really close.  
[/size]

Legend

Will the august show be early august?

Seems things are getting ready.

Xevross

Jul 19, 2020, 07:36 PM Last Edit: Jul 19, 2020, 07:38 PM by Xevross

I think that's been the rumours for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it forward a bit to compete with xbox. I expect a big show with more impressive gameplay demos, finishing with price and pre orders announcement. Or maybe they announce the show and with the announcement say pre orders will go live after the show.

I'm gonna predict thursday 6th is the show.

the-pi-guy

Jul 21, 2020, 07:05 PM Last Edit: Jul 21, 2020, 07:08 PM by the-pi-guy

I was still expecting later August.

But now I'm thinking it'll be fairly soon.

the-pi-guy

Verified Google still shows the CNET article.  Very odd.  Link redirects to the original console showing though.

Legend

No way will Sony do anything in the next few days. That'd look so bad like the xbox barge.