Battle of the Backlog

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Crossing off Ether One.

I mistook this game for the vanishing of Ethan Carter I guess. Was very disorienting. Not really that good and after I managed to get stuck behind a wall in the first level, I gave it up. Definitely needed more of an intro to at least set the stage. I think the game just assumed that the player had at least seen a trailer.

Legend

Finished SOMA.

Great game. Not at all what I was expecting. Had only heard general things about it and didn't realize it was the Amnesia devs. Going in with very little prior knowledge was amazing.

Towards the end it started to falter a bit so I think it's more like an 8/10 but the early game and some later game moments are super perfect.

Legend

ABZU was a poor Journey replica with poor controls, yet the ending was so good that I think I liked it overall.

It made me want to replay Journey.

Legend

I finished the outer worlds. Was ok. Kinda slow. Definitely enjoyed lots of things about it though.

the-pi-guy

Update:

PS3:

-Demon's Souls
-God of War 3
-Killzone 2
-Killzone 3

PS4:

-God of War
-Horizon DLC
-Killzone ShadowFall
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-Knack 2
-LittleBigPlanet 3
-Medieval
-Metal Gear Solid V
-Nioh
-Sekiro
-Spider-man
-Uncharted: Lost Legacy
-World of Final Fantasy

Games I want to get:
-Beyond
-Detroit
-Heavy Rain

-InFamous Second Son
-Monster Hunter World
-Red Dead Redemption
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Resistance
-Resistance 2
-Resistance  3
-Rise of the Tomb Raider

-Death Stranding
-Ghost of Tsushima

Games I want to replay:
-Bloodborne
-Portal 2
-The Last of Us
-Uncharted 1
-Uncharted 2

-Uncharted 3

Not many changes.  Been playing Uncharted Lost Legacy.  Which is crazy. Been a long time since I've played like this.  

It's great so far.  

My only complaint is that Chloe feels a bit harder to control.  I think mostly because she moves a lot faster than Drake ever does.  

kitler53

Update:

PS3:

-Demon's Souls
-God of War 3
-Killzone 2
-Killzone 3

Not many changes.  Been playing Uncharted Lost Legacy.  Which is crazy. Been a long time since I've played like this.  

It's great so far.  

My only complaint is that Chloe feels a bit harder to control.  I think mostly because she moves a lot faster than Drake ever does.  
at this point you should just move demon's souls from your ps3 backlog to your ps5 backlog.   the game is better with the online and the online will be much better on the remaaster.

Lost Legacy was fantastic.  I think it was better than U4 and probably my second favorite entry after U2.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

at this point you should just move demon's souls from your ps3 backlog to your ps5 backlog.   the game is better with the online and the online will be much better on the remaaster.
That's what ive started planning to do.  Not really because of online, I just would like those graphics.

Legend

I'm starting to move backlog games to ps5. Some ps4 games will be so much better with less loading.

Also last night I was thinking just how crazy series x will be as a backlog machine. I'll be able to play morrowind and oblivion without pulling out old hardware.

kitler53

I'm starting to move backlog games to ps5. Some ps4 games will be so much better with less loading.

Also last night I was thinking just how crazy series x will be as a backlog machine. I'll be able to play morrowind and oblivion without pulling out old hardware.
yeah, i might actually try to play though LBP3 if the load times are mostly eliminated.   i only got about half way through before I became too frustrated with the horrible load times.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

If only PS5 could play PS3 games.

the-pi-guy

Will finish tomorrow.  

Easily better than 1 and 3.  

I put it up there with 2 and 4 as the best 3 games.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Weirdly feels like:<br>Uncharted 4 gameplay<br>Uncharted 4 art style and graphics<br>Uncharted 2 + 4 aesthetic uses a lot of definite 4 art, but there is a lot of stuff that reminds me of the dagger and Nepal stuff in Uncharted 2. &nbsp;<br>

darkknightkryta

Jul 10, 2020, 03:58 PM Last Edit: Jul 10, 2020, 04:03 PM by darkknightkryta
I finished the outer worlds. Was ok. Kinda slow. Definitely enjoyed lots of things about it though.
I picked it up for Switch.  I've been having trouble with it too.  It's a slog.  Not terrible, but I regret buying it.  The item management systems is also way too old school.  It's a bit daunting.

Oh, I finished RE7 last week.

And am on the last boss for FF15

darkknightkryta

I finished my replay of the OG RE 3.  I wanted to compare it with the remake.

the-pi-guy

Started Medieval. But I kind of think it might be better for PS5.  Bunch of loading screens.

Xevross

Jul 15, 2020, 06:14 PM Last Edit: Jul 15, 2020, 06:18 PM by Xevross
I never used to build up backlogs so I barely bothered with this thread, but here I am now!

Definitely playing:

F1 2020 (currently playing, PS4)
Xenoblade Chronicles DE (currently playing, Switch)
Ori and the Will of the Whisps (PC)
Halo the Master Chief Collection (PC)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
Control (PS4)

Maybe playing:

Ys Memories of Calceta (PC)
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky (PC)
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC (PC)

The above are still on my list from the only time I made a small list in this thread, lol. I guess I just don't care enough about playing them but I haven't given up on them yet.

Ghost of Tsushima should be arriving tomorrow and I'll probably play that through to the end before I pick anything else back up.

Will finish tomorrow. 

Easily better than 1 and 3. 

I put it up there with 2 and 4 as the best 3 games.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Weirdly feels like:
Uncharted 4 gameplay
Uncharted 4 art style and graphics
Uncharted 2 + 4 aesthetic uses a lot of definite 4 art, but there is a lot of stuff that reminds me of the dagger and Nepal stuff in Uncharted 2. 

Uncharted TLL is fantastic, the ending set piece is the best Uncharted set piece too.

Go Up