Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

I enjoy playing this game I'm playing, can't remember the name. It's good though

BananaKing

Sep 07, 2021, 03:42 PM Last Edit: Sep 07, 2021, 03:48 PM by BananaKing
Saint Row Gat out of hell is actually really fun. (For what it is). Shame the new saints row decided to go with its shaming style and ditch the old one.

Legend

I binged Subnautica Below Zero.

Was good but not as good as the first. Many many things were improved but it managed to be even worse than the first one at guiding the player. I discovered almost every location on my own before the game wanted me to and that really screwed things up. The map was also a big downgrade over the first. Felt like there were fewer biomes and almost everything was just tunnels instead of massive caves like the first.

7/10

BananaKing

Im really enjoying vampyre. It clearly had a low budget, but despite that I am enjoying the uniqueness of this game. Plus the writing is actually pretty good.

Shame the game keeps crashing for me.

kitler53

bugsnax is as stupid as it looks. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

bugsnax is as stupid as it looks.
Sounds like a fun time.
Im really enjoying vampyre. It clearly had a low budget, but despite that I am enjoying the uniqueness of this game. Plus the writing is actually pretty good.

Shame the game keeps crashing for me.
What makes it unique?

kitler53

Sounds like a fun time.
its not a bad game.  its not a great game either.   i think you could qualify this as a puzzle game but it really easy puzzles filled with lots of in game hints. 

..but dear god is everything stupid.  not only am i hunting snax that look like bugs,.. when they are eaten your limbs turn into them.  every npc is ridiculous.  ect for things i won't spoil in case anyone else plays.

right now i'm really stressed at work and at home so this game is good for me in this moment.   easy. lite.  sooo ducking stupid.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Sounds like a fun time.
What makes it unique?
Well what makes it the most unique is that there are characters in the world that you can go talk to at anytime. The map has different districts, usually characters stay in their district but some move around.

You can talk to all these characters, and they can reveal information about each other. Sometimes you find pieces of information in other parts of the map. You can also kill any character you want for extra xp, and thats the fastest way to get xp. But your actions have consequences. Honestly they are all (well for the most part) very well written.

So the world really revolves around these characters as much as it does you, the main character. Im still playing it, so to what degree the consequences of my action affect the world is still not known to me. The whole structure of the game is different from your typical open world game. Its honestly refreshing and fun  

DomingoGarner

Jul 20, 2022, 09:46 AM Last Edit: Oct 11, 2022, 12:01 AM by Legend
I'm playing Minecraft, a fascinating and engaging survival game

Legend

My chickens keep dying in my automated chicken farm. Last time I played Minecraft was years ago so maybe the old technique of using a river doesn't work like it used to.

Legend

Enough time has passed that I decided to play Twisty Puzzle Simulator just for fun.

It's incredible experiencing it with somewhat fresh eyes and genuinely enjoying the complete package.

SWORDF1SH

Strange Horticulture is a nice stress free game. Sometimes I wish the puzzle elements were a little more taxing but it's a nice change of pace to just chill and identify some plants. O and you can pet the cat!

Legend

Strange Horticulture is a nice stress free game. Sometimes I wish the puzzle elements were a little more taxing but it's a nice change of pace to just chill and identify some plants. O and you can pet the cat!
I'll have to keep that on my radar.

Wonder if my brother would like it. He got his degree in environmental horticulture.

Legend

I went back and finished exo one. Ending worked in a similar way to Hapax where the player has to hold pause to end the game. Very different thematically though. Mine occurs after the credits for example.

Really cool to see it in the wild though.

Legend

I played The Forgotten City since it's leaving gamepass.

Really fun how much it felt like playing skyrim lol. It was a skyrim mod that was reimagined as a full game yet they perfectly recaptured the feel of skyrim's character controller. They even included functionality that makes no sense outside of skyrim, as far as I can tell.

Pretty fun but way too linear to be great. I also think it's fundamentally flawed by having a failure state that restarts the loop and a failure state that requires loading a save. Often I'd think I had unlocked knowledge, only to realize that progress wasn't saved because it was the wrong type of death.

Writing was mostly good with some meh mixed in, same with story.

8/10

Go Up