Battle of the Backlog

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Outside of the dragon god fight which was just super dumb I think I died like 10 times playing through Demon's Souls, only twice against bosses. Bloodborne was in the hundreds for sure, I'd guess like 300+ deaths I had in Bloodborne.

Demon's Souls felt like a Souls game with its mechanics but in terms of its gameplay loop and general progression it was just like playing R&C or Uncharted, an adventure you keep moving through, a few difficult moments but nothing big, and maybe one spot which was just dumb and ridiculous (looking at you U2 final boss).
i think i died about a dozen times getting to the first boss (the cleric beast) but i downed him on my second try.   after that i got to the mid point of the game with just a handful of deaths.  i died a bit more often on the back half of the game,.. i think i wasn't leveling fast enough because i was progressing too quickly.   ...but more to the point i killed like half the bosses in the game on my first attempt which really made the game feel too easy.

combat was fluid and fun but the lack of "clunk" meant it was actually pretty easy to recover from a mis-step.   demon's/dark souls was much more unforgiving of a mistake.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens