Battle of the Backlog

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Jun 28, 2021, 11:08 PM Last Edit: Jun 28, 2021, 11:10 PM by Xevross
really?!?

that was my main complaint about bloodborne and in the ps3 days that was not a thing anyone would say of demon's souls.   many were saying is was too difficult, cheap, and rage quitting.    i always qualified it as a "puzzle" game.   yes, the game is easy once you know the attack patterns and exploits but god dang could learning the exploits be difficult.   that's been true of all the games though and i really think once you master 1 game you can manage the rest a lot better.   i was "disappointed" by how easy dark souls 1 was when i picked it up.   i cap my level at 19 for no reason other than to increase the difficultly for myself when i played though it.  got all the way to the four knights on new game plus before i couldn't manage.

although to be honest i watched videos to both the armor spider and the flamelurker bosses.   both were clearly nerfed in their attack patterns and both had their environmental exploits removed.    maybe DS on ps4 is just easier.
Outside of the dragon god fight which was just super dumb I think I died like 10 times playing through Demon's Souls, only twice against bosses. Bloodborne was in the hundreds for sure, I'd guess like 300+ deaths I had in Bloodborne.

Demon's Souls felt like a Souls game with its mechanics but in terms of its gameplay loop and general progression it was just like playing R&C or Uncharted, an adventure you keep moving through, a few difficult moments but nothing big, and maybe one spot which was just dumb and ridiculous (looking at you U2 final boss).