The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

did you play on PC or PS4?

im not a doom fan, havent really ever played a doom, or an ID game for that matter. but this one just seems hell of a lot of fun, and the multiplayer seems crazy, and i love that you dont die from just 2 bullets, it seems as far away from a CoD clone as possible at this point.

the single player seems pretty old school, which is something i really like as well.
Played it on PS4. It looked really good and the framerate was solid. Pretty sure it was 60fps. I was impressed.

Yeah, the multiplayer in this is really fun. It honestly has that old school feel just like its single player. It feels like you're playing a game. Not a competition. Not a simulation. Just playing a game, which is very refreshing. Getting kills is so satisfying. Watching someone explode into chunks never gets old and neither do the melee kill animations.

Another thing is that you know that someone who sniped you pulled it off because they're good. Not because they're cheap and used aiming glitches or kept themselves out of danger and took shots at you from forever away. These guys have to react in mere moments to people coming around a corner while they're usually wide open to be shot themselves.

Doom's multiplayer is really a back-to-basics approach.