Multiple insiders talk about Xbox exclusives going multiplatform - Phil Spencer to address

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 04, 2024, 10:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

When will MS address the rumors?

Today
1 (50%)
This week
0 (0%)
Mid February
0 (0%)
Late February
1 (50%)
Later this year at an Xbox event
0 (0%)
Never, they'll quietly backtrack
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

never played any nor watched your video. 

actually getting worse or just sequelitis?

regardless it's a game with sting service elements from what I understand so it should be a good candidate for porting.
Yeah a port definitely makes sense. It's still Microsoft's best game probably. I just wonder when it'll drop to the 80s on metacritic.

Minor things getting worse and sequelitis. Also was kinda broken at launch but that shouldn't affect a port.

the-pi-guy

With Xbox, I've heard from a very prominent company and one not so prominent that Xbox's performance in Europe is flatlining. You can follow our monthly coverage in the games market and you can see Xbox's sales are falling and it's fell all throughout last year and it's falling even harder this year.

The major company who released a big game last year said they don't know why they bother supporting it. We've mentioned in a previous podcast that retailers are considering or have began cutting back Xbox stock on their shelves, hardware & games... and now you've got third-party publishers going: "We're putting a lot of effort into creating an Xbox Series S/X version of a game where to be honest with you the market for us is PC and PS5"

And with Xbox putting some of the games on PS5, I understand the majority of them will be coming across at some point, assuming, you know, it progresses as Xbox believes it probably will. I think Xbox is in real trouble as a hardware manufacturer. And that was the thing that came out of GDC for me, because I always just thought, I've always been of the belief that it is the Game Pass delivery system, it's got a good UI, it's got a good controller, if you like Xbox games it's probably the best way to play them, etc. I thought it would be fine but then I didn't really factor in that some developers and publishers might just go, yeah I don't, you know, is there any point? And that is when you can lose it.

I was watching Michael Pachter's podcast and he was talking about how it's all about GamePass for Xbox, yet I've actually been hearing that Microsoft's been putting less focus on GamePass.
Transcribed by era

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Yeah why port a game unless you expect to be on gamepass at some point?

I really hope the same doesn't happen with ps+.

kitler53

Yeah why port a game unless you expect to be on gamepass at some point?

I really hope the same doesn't happen with ps+.
ps sells a lot more software than Xbox.  it was the right choice not to do day-1 games on ps+.   

gamepass dies with Xbox (imo) and will be good for the industry at large.  especially 3rd parties. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Horizon

Yeah Xbox is dead in Europe.

Go Up